5.0 out of 5 stars So thankful
Published on April 6, 2012 by Ellen T. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars holy cow my dogs gained a lot of weight
I went from a grain free food to this for my boxer and pug. On the last food my boxer kept vomiting randomly. In a very short time @ 2 months I suddenly can't see ribs anymore. They seem to like it and their stomachs seem good but I don't think we can continue on this. I'm feeding them less and they're still growing. My pug used to get compliments on his fit form. That...
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars So thankful, April 6, 2012
I made the mistake of trying to switch my dog (large breed boxer) to one of the currently trendy "grain-free" dogfoods... and he did not thrive at all. Loose stools, chronic diarrhea, weight loss, etc. 6 long months of misery for both of us before vet recommended this food. It solved all of his digestive problems; his weight is getting back to normal and his coat is shiny. He feels better too - lots of energy, doesn't have to potty as often, etc. Really happy I found a dogfood that is so gentle on his stomach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great !, January 24, 2013
5 yrs ago my 100 lb lab/boxer? mix (He's 9 now)was diagnosed with IBS . He has been on a regiment of Pepcid AC and this food ever since and the problem has been eradicated . He eats 4 1/2 cups of this food a day with no problems and he is very active . I highly recommend this product to any owner whose dog is experiencing any belly problems .

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Kind I Can Use, December 28, 2013
I rescued a Golden Retriever Mix last year and found out quickly that she did not tolerate the big brand dog foods. She had constant diarrhea and at times wouldn't eat due to her upset stomach. I tried several different brands to no avail. The vets solution was to give the dog antibiotics and feed her a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken. That didn't work. Then, as I was researching dog foods on the internet, I came across Science Diet for Sensitive Stomachs. My dog's stomach issues stopped almost immediately upon using this food. No more runs, no more digestive issues. This food saved the day for me. Yes, it is a bit pricey but my dog is much happier and healthier since I began using it. I will not use any other brand for my dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend for your gasy friend, February 27, 2014
That would be the 4 legged one. I got this for my 12 year old Boston Terrier. Great for his dry ski, but best of all the reduction in the death smell that could come out of him!!! My little guy could clear a room faster than a fire. I LOVE subscribe and save. It makes a great price even better. My UPS guy this winter may not be thrilled with the dog food bag in a box, but I love not having to remember to stop at the pet store to grab it. Keep up the amazing assortment Amazon!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, July 2, 2011
It's a big bag of dog food, just like it says. My dog was on the Prescription Diet for sensitive stomachs, but she has adjusted to this food pretty well and it is easier to get (doesn't require a trip to the vet) and cheaper. Give it a shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shih Tzu sensitive stomach tolerates and enjoys this kibble, May 30, 2013
zhabazon (Washington DC area) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Zhaba has a sensitive stomach and a propensity to developing yeasty ear infections and skin lesions. Whereas some dogs have "iron stomachs" which tolerate anything including sticks and bones, hers does not. We've tried several dog foods for her and this one has worked the best. She tolerates it well and her poops are very predictable, arriving regularly and without stress or strain. For her, it's better than other more trendy foods which include limited ingredient products. Her skin has also greatly improved to being great with this food and her ears have shown no signs of yeast for months!

I've been purchasing smaller bags locally but ordered this large bag which I will repackage into smaller vacuum sealed bags after opening it next week. The Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food, 30-Pound Bag is heavy and will last us for months since she's a small dog, but it's worth a little effort for me to save a substantial amount instead of replenishing the 4.5 pound bags. I've saved a couple of those empty bags because I like the velcro closure, and will use one to transfer a vacuum sealed bag at a time.

I've purchased smaller bites of food and found that Zhaba inhaled those without chewing. These are about the same size as the regular adult Science Diet food that came home with her when I adopted her last November. Because she has a tendency to play with her food before eating it, rewarding herself with every bite as she heartily crunches down. As with any food, she sometimes ignores a meal, but I find that at the end of the day, she usually consumes the little over a cup daily that she needs. Her digestion is smooth now, she's healthy, and she enjoys her meals.

EDIT: Just opened the bag and the nibble is larger. Ingredients are the same, the picture of size on the bag is the same. I called Hills and learned that this is a new formula and this is the new size. My dog isn't happy but she'll learn. Fortunately I opened the new bag while still having a pound of previous bag so I'm mixing both for transition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only food that our dog will tolerate, December 30, 2013
R (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I have tried every dog food out there - including the organics (Blue Buffalo, etc.). All are too rich for my 2-year old Bulldog and cause gastrointestinal upset. This one works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars my Lab was shedding like crazy. His coat was dry and dull, September 5, 2014
Tricia Yates (Austell, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This product really hit the spot for a couple of reasons.
First, I live in Florida and my Lab gets "hot spots"off and on all summer long. Each trip to the vet is a couple hundred dollars because they give me only enough medicine for one round of treatment so the next month or so I am back again.
Secondly, my Lab was shedding like crazy. His coat was dry and dull. When I petted him my hand would be full of hair and the floor would be covered. The other dog has much less hair but her coat was flaking.
Third, both of the dogs were eating grass - they look more like cows grazing - and they were throwing up many times a day.

I tried several other dog foods without positive results. The vet wanted to do an exploratory operation on the Lab (but not the other dog??). The pet store kept recommending dog foods predicated on price.

Finally, after several months, I bought Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin Dry Dog food and within 3 days the vomiting and grazing subsided. It took a bit longer for their coats to shine and the excessive shedding and flaking to stop.

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skin allergies FIX, June 29, 2014
my dog lived on medication because he suffered from horrible skin allergies for two years. As soon as he started with this food, his skin and coat cleared up. He's gorgeous now.

5.0 out of 5 stars A miracle or a fantastic dog food, August 29, 2014
My old lab has been diagnosed with many things. She has a paralyzed larynx,arthritis,diabetes insipidus and probable nerve damage. She started throwing up- sometimes as many as 5 times a day. This went on for six months

or so with only brief periods of relief. None of the anti throw up meds worked. We took here to 5 or 6 different vets and
two specialists. The dog lost close to 20 lbs and was pretty miserable-we were close to putting her down on multiple occasions. Supposedly she had a problem with her esophagus not working properly. We finally were advised to try Science Diet gastro-intestional high energy canned dog food. In my mind it was nothing short of a miracle my Lab has not thrown up now since we started feeding her Science Diet--over a month now.

Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food, 4.5-Pound Bag