5.0 out of 5 stars So thankful
Published on April 6, 2012 by Ellen T. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars holy cow my dogs gained a lot of weight
I went from a grain free food to this for my boxer and pug. On the last food my boxer kept vomiting randomly. In a very short time @ 2 months I suddenly can't see ribs anymore. They seem to like it and their stomachs seem good but I don't think we can continue on this. I'm feeding them less and they're still growing. My pug used to get compliments on his fit form. That...
Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars So thankful, April 6, 2012
I made the mistake of trying to switch my dog (large breed boxer) to one of the currently trendy "grain-free" dogfoods... and he did not thrive at all. Loose stools, chronic diarrhea, weight loss, etc. 6 long months of misery for both of us before vet recommended this food. It solved all of his digestive problems; his weight is getting back to normal and his coat is shiny. He feels better too - lots of energy, doesn't have to potty as often, etc. Really happy I found a dogfood that is so gentle on his stomach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great !, January 24, 2013
5 yrs ago my 100 lb lab/boxer? mix (He's 9 now)was diagnosed with IBS . He has been on a regiment of Pepcid AC and this food ever since and the problem has been eradicated . He eats 4 1/2 cups of this food a day with no problems and he is very active . I highly recommend this product to any owner whose dog is experiencing any belly problems .

5.0 out of 5 stars my Lab was shedding like crazy. His coat was dry and dull, September 5, 2014
Tricia Yates (Austell, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This product really hit the spot for a couple of reasons.
First, I live in Florida and my Lab gets "hot spots"off and on all summer long. Each trip to the vet is a couple hundred dollars because they give me only enough medicine for one round of treatment so the next month or so I am back again.
Secondly, my Lab was shedding like crazy. His coat was dry and dull. When I petted him my hand would be full of hair and the floor would be covered. The other dog has much less hair but her coat was flaking.
Third, both of the dogs were eating grass - they look more like cows grazing - and they were throwing up many times a day.

I tried several other dog foods without positive results. The vet wanted to do an exploratory operation on the Lab (but not the other dog??). The pet store kept recommending dog foods predicated on price.

Finally, after several months, I bought Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach and Skin Dry Dog food and within 3 days the vomiting and grazing subsided. It took a bit longer for their coats to shine and the excessive shedding and flaking to stop.

Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Kind I Can Use, December 28, 2013
I rescued a Golden Retriever Mix last year and found out quickly that she did not tolerate the big brand dog foods. She had constant diarrhea and at times wouldn't eat due to her upset stomach. I tried several different brands to no avail. The vets solution was to give the dog antibiotics and feed her a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken. That didn't work. Then, as I was researching dog foods on the internet, I came across Science Diet for Sensitive Stomachs. My dog's stomach issues stopped almost immediately upon using this food. No more runs, no more digestive issues. This food saved the day for me. Yes, it is a bit pricey but my dog is much happier and healthier since I began using it. I will not use any other brand for my dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, July 2, 2011
It's a big bag of dog food, just like it says. My dog was on the Prescription Diet for sensitive stomachs, but she has adjusted to this food pretty well and it is easier to get (doesn't require a trip to the vet) and cheaper. Give it a shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend for your gasy friend, February 27, 2014
That would be the 4 legged one. I got this for my 12 year old Boston Terrier. Great for his dry ski, but best of all the reduction in the death smell that could come out of him!!! My little guy could clear a room faster than a fire. I LOVE subscribe and save. It makes a great price even better. My UPS guy this winter may not be thrilled with the dog food bag in a box, but I love not having to remember to stop at the pet store to grab it. Keep up the amazing assortment Amazon!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Skin allergies FIX, June 29, 2014
my dog lived on medication because he suffered from horrible skin allergies for two years. As soon as he started with this food, his skin and coat cleared up. He's gorgeous now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to digest, the only food we found my dog can keep down and keep from farting on!, November 2, 2014
After weight loss in our black lab mix following nearly daily vomiting on other foods, we put our dog on an ant-acid and a prescription food from Purina I believe which was $90 a bag. It's first ingredient was brewers rice as well so that was why we switched to this food. We were able to stop the anti acid pill and this food is half the price of the prescription food. Most dog food reviewers say this food is crap, but when it is the only food your canine friend can digest properly what choice do you have? I for one am glad it's here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consistently solid stool, September 20, 2014
Alex K. (Denver, CO, USA) - See all my reviews
Sure, it's not some uber expensive brand like Orijen or Blue Wilderness, but my german shepherd's stool is finally and consistently solid, and that's what actually matters. I've learned to stop obsessing over grains and all that malarky. The ingredients for this food are still reasonably good. Her stools aren't overly bulky either, implying it's being efficiently digested like a good food should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only food that our dog will tolerate, December 30, 2013
R (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I have tried every dog food out there - including the organics (Blue Buffalo, etc.). All are too rich for my 2-year old Bulldog and cause gastrointestinal upset. This one works great.

Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food, 4.5-Pound Bag