5.0 out of 5 stars So thankful
Published on April 6, 2012 by Ellen T. Johnson

The manufacturer commented on the review below
3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't solve my dog's sensitive stomach problem...
Each dog responds differently to food, but this did not work well for my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He has a sensitive stomach, but this didn't do the trick despite the food being recommended by a vet after we reported consistently loose stool. Plus, my dog wasn't very interested in eating this food so it may not be tasty.

My dog's stomach issues were...
Published 7 months ago by Bert

5.0 out of 5 stars So thankful, April 6, 2012
I made the mistake of trying to switch my dog (large breed boxer) to one of the currently trendy "grain-free" dogfoods... and he did not thrive at all. Loose stools, chronic diarrhea, weight loss, etc. 6 long months of misery for both of us before vet recommended this food. It solved all of his digestive problems; his weight is getting back to normal and his coat is shiny. He feels better too - lots of energy, doesn't have to potty as often, etc. Really happy I found a dogfood that is so gentle on his stomach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great !, January 24, 2013
5 yrs ago my 100 lb lab/boxer? mix (He's 9 now)was diagnosed with IBS . He has been on a regiment of Pepcid AC and this food ever since and the problem has been eradicated . He eats 4 1/2 cups of this food a day with no problems and he is very active . I highly recommend this product to any owner whose dog is experiencing any belly problems .

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, July 2, 2011
It's a big bag of dog food, just like it says. My dog was on the Prescription Diet for sensitive stomachs, but she has adjusted to this food pretty well and it is easier to get (doesn't require a trip to the vet) and cheaper. Give it a shot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend for your gasy friend, February 27, 2014
That would be the 4 legged one. I got this for my 12 year old Boston Terrier. Great for his dry ski, but best of all the reduction in the death smell that could come out of him!!! My little guy could clear a room faster than a fire. I LOVE subscribe and save. It makes a great price even better. My UPS guy this winter may not be thrilled with the dog food bag in a box, but I love not having to remember to stop at the pet store to grab it. Keep up the amazing assortment Amazon!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Kind I Can Use, December 28, 2013
I rescued a Golden Retriever Mix last year and found out quickly that she did not tolerate the big brand dog foods. She had constant diarrhea and at times wouldn't eat due to her upset stomach. I tried several different brands to no avail. The vets solution was to give the dog antibiotics and feed her a bland diet of rice and boiled chicken. That didn't work. Then, as I was researching dog foods on the internet, I came across Science Diet for Sensitive Stomachs. My dog's stomach issues stopped almost immediately upon using this food. No more runs, no more digestive issues. This food saved the day for me. Yes, it is a bit pricey but my dog is much happier and healthier since I began using it. I will not use any other brand for my dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shih Tzu sensitive stomach tolerates and enjoys this kibble, May 30, 2013
JO (Washington DC area) - See all my reviews
Zhaba has a sensitive stomach and a propensity to developing yeasty ear infections and skin lesions. Whereas some dogs have "iron stomachs" which tolerate anything including sticks and bones, hers does not. We've tried several dog foods for her and this one has worked the best. She tolerates it well and her poops are very predictable, arriving regularly and without stress or strain. For her, it's better than other more trendy foods which include limited ingredient products. Her skin has also greatly improved to being great with this food and her ears have shown no signs of yeast for months!

I've been purchasing smaller bags locally but ordered this large bag which I will repackage into smaller vacuum sealed bags after opening it next week. The Hill's Science Diet Adult Sensitive Stomach Dry Dog Food, 30-Pound Bag is heavy and will last us for months since she's a small dog, but it's worth a little effort for me to save a substantial amount instead of replenishing the 4.5 pound bags. I've saved a couple of those empty bags because I like the velcro closure, and will use one to transfer a vacuum sealed bag at a time.

I've purchased smaller bites of food and found that Zhaba inhaled those without chewing. These are about the same size as the regular adult Science Diet food that came home with her when I adopted her last November. Because she has a tendency to play with her food before eating it, rewarding herself with every bite as she heartily crunches down. As with any food, she sometimes ignores a meal, but I find that at the end of the day, she usually consumes the little over a cup daily that she needs. Her digestion is smooth now, she's healthy, and she enjoys her meals.

EDIT: Just opened the bag and the nibble is larger. Ingredients are the same, the picture of size on the bag is the same. I called Hills and learned that this is a new formula and this is the new size. My dog isn't happy but she'll learn. Fortunately I opened the new bag while still having a pound of previous bag so I'm mixing both for transition.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the few available commercial foods that works for sodium restriction, June 12, 2014
One of my dogs has CHF and needed to be on low sodium. I spent many hours trying to find one food that would work for all 3 that was affordable - finding sodium info from different vendors was a surprisingly difficult task (and reformulations can happen without warning)! Although my guys did not love it on first taste, they are now all eating it happily. Sodium content is about 58 mg per 100 Kcal, putting it in the moderate sodium restriction range. Their stools are firm and easy to scoop, coats are shiny and full (I do supplement with fish oil since that is often destroyed in processing), and no upset stomachs. The best trick I've found to increase palatability is to pour on enough boiling water to cover the kibble, then let to soak in and cool - they like that as much as canned food! Will add in meat, rice or cooked veggies to the kibble on occasion to give them variety, but this has become a staple...

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a Dog Food My dog can tolerate!, June 4, 2014
This was finally a food that the poor guy could keep down. We were very happy with it. And the price is pretty decent compared to the store prices as this type is a little harder to find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only food that our dog will tolerate, December 30, 2013
R (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I have tried every dog food out there - including the organics (Blue Buffalo, etc.). All are too rich for my 2-year old Bulldog and cause gastrointestinal upset. This one works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for sensitive stomachs!, December 29, 2013
My 4 year old pit bull has very sensitive stomach and skin. This food really does well with his system and he really likes it. Ive had trouble in the past finding a food that he will keep eating that wont upset his stomach. This is it!

Rate and Discover Movies