4.0 out of 5 stars Like a good conversation..........
Just got my copy last night. Started reading, (Sorry "Chuck" had to pass up our usual date, will catch you next week) and it's like potato chips. Just can't stop with just one, and then the next thing you know, you've eaten the whole bag!
Don't skip the titles, they are an integral part of the stories!
If you are looking for something with everything spelled out...
Published on November 16, 2010 by A.M Donovan

3.0 out of 5 stars NEVER READ ANYTHING LIKE IT
I HAD NEVER READ ANYTHING LIKE IT IN THE PAST, I WAS LITTLE CONFUSED THE FIRST TIME I READ IT, THEN AS I RE-READ SOME OF THE STORIES, IT BECAME VERY CLEAR, SOME WERE INTERESTING
Published 20 months ago by Carol Carden

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Like a good conversation.........., November 16, 2010
This review is from: Hint Fiction: An Anthology of Stories in 25 Words or Fewer (Paperback)
Don't skip the titles, they are an integral part of the stories!
If you are looking for something with everything spelled out for you, from the color of his eyes to the length of her hair and the age of the oak tree in the front yard, then you will hate this.
Well, raspberries to you!
But, if you like a good conversation, where you need to stretch a little and have your imagination triggered, you will really enjoy this book!
Some of these come at you straight on, and some will blind side you.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hints are enough for highly creative people, December 6, 2010
I am one of those people who like every little detail. I always thought condensed books were a crime against literature. I didn't expect to be anything but frustrated by a "hint" of a story. OK, I ordered the book because my daughter's submission is part of this collection. It is usually her poetry that is published so I was curious. I was surprised that I found the little blurps to be refreshing right before my eyes fell shut in my bed at night: they nudged my imagination. Rather than be annoyed, I was intrigued by the clever craftsmanship of the writers. When I ordered a book I usually would not have ordered, I found out that a lot can be said with just a "hint". It doesn't take a lot of words to provoke creative ideas. This book is a lot of fun, whether a great distraction is needed or a spurt of imagination is needed. It is, also, great the second and third time around because the hints provoke different scenarios each time they are read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, May 7, 2014
I purchased this after I finished a creative writing class and I'm glad I did. it's short stories that make a point, and it gets creative juices flowing. A must have for any writer or someone who just enjoys quirky little stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read., April 5, 2014
Very enjoyable reading especially I think for those who also like to write. Hint fiction is fun to read and fun to try to write because it can be done in your head while, say, stuck in traffic. This book is a bit thin for the price and I would have liked to have the authors' info be included on the same page as their work rather in the back of the book. But I do look forward to another compilation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet (or eerie, or profound or disturbing), April 1, 2014
Kim Offenburger "kim" (Metropolis, IL United States) - See all my reviews
With twenty-five words or less this review is longer than the stories in this book. Hint fiction is just that, a hint of a narrative with a whisper about the characters and a whiff of plot.

Some of the stories are distillations, others a denouement, still others anticlimax. But my favorites are the ones that reference other works like Nick Mamatas' Found Wedged In the Side of a Desk Drawer in Paris, France, 23 December 1989, which references Beckett's Waiting for Godot.

Hint fiction is an exciting new form and in a Twitter world of 144 characters or less, might be a genre whose time has come.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, January 3, 2014
This book gives a nice variety of hint fiction that serves as a good example of what the genre is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little book I've ever read!, July 17, 2012
Lots of oohs & aahs! It's addictive. I've read it 3x already! Recommend it to everyone.
I was inspired to write some of my own hint fiction!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brevity is the Soul of Wit, April 6, 2011
"Hint Fiction," works of 25 words or fewer, is presented here by Robert Swartwood. Writers range from well known (Joyce Carol Oates) to the unknown. On every page, there is a complete story. The editing has used fonts and graphic design to enhance the stories. The impact of each is a separate dynamic. There is sorrow, irony, humor, and pain. This is a terrific little book in a new form of fiction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bridget's Review, December 6, 2010
I loved this book! The short yet entertaining stories are unlike anything I have ever read before. Hint Fiction was refreshing because it proves that a lot of fluff isn't necessary to make a story work. This would make a great gift this holiday season, even for those who aren't avid readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars If You Like a Thoughtful Tease, You'll Love This Work, April 11, 2011
Hint Fiction: An Anthology of Stories in 25 Words or Fewer was, for me, a wonderful read. When I first dove into this work I approached it like any other collection of works I would examine; I flipped to a random page and read it, then flipped to another random page and read. Eventually I found that I enjoyed the thoughtfulness of the individual works so much that I actually too the time to look through the structure. There are three sections: 1) Life & Death, Love & Hate, and This & That. The first piece I would not personally have looked at as a "life & Death" work but more of a "Return to and Old Job" work - perhaps "Love & Hate" or maybe even, "Ambivalence." Still, however the reader takes it, it was a marvelous starting piece.

My favorite selection requires a little foreknowledge. Suffice it to say, if you are familiar with the play, "Waiting for Gadot," then you will likely enjoy this work as much as I did. Through tears and side-splitting pain I laughed so hard I could barely breathe.

There are a few entries that I could not understand how they got in, but the real beauty of this format is its dependence on the perspective of the reader. Every person who reads it will take something different from each entry, and yet it is a beautifully thought-provoking work.

As a collection, I would recommend this for anyone who enjoys reading thoughtful works or even mysteries, and especially for anyone who wishes to become a writer. I'll be keeping this work around on my shelf for years to come. I would also recommend taking at least an hour after reading each work to think about the work. It's like fine-dining for the intellect. The portions are small, but worth savoring every taste.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Hint Fiction: An Anthology of Stories in 25 Words or Fewer
Hint Fiction: An Anthology of Stories in 25 Words or Fewer by Jade Walker (Paperback - November 1, 2010)
$13.95 $9.22
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.