Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 29, 2014
I was flip flopping between this Hirsch strap and a similar strap from Hadley-Roma. In the end I bought the one from Hirsch and I'm glad I did. When I touched the strap for the first time I knew it was a quality strap. The strap is quite thick and has a rich brown color. The contrasting stitching is a nice touch too. To my surprise the strap also came with 2 watch springs! The strap is currently on my Citizen Eco-Drive CA0331-05 and it looks so much better than the stock black strap. I'm very satisfied with this strap and am looking to break this strap in over the next few weeks.
review image review image review image
on December 23, 2014
This is an awesome strap. Really nice and thick. If you've cheaped out and bought other straps before, you will certainly notice a difference with this one. Lovely cognac color gets compliments often, and it breaks in very nicely. The manufacturer claims it is water resistant, and I've had water splash on it and worn it into the shower once by accident and it dried out fine with no ill effects.
I'm definitely planning on replacing my cheaper straps with this brand.
on March 9, 2015
I'm a watch collector, and quite a while ago, I recall watching a YouTube video reviewing the titanium Citizen Nighthawk. I fell in love with that watch/strap combo, and I immediately found the mentioned brand Hirsch. Years later, I finally got around to buying this strap, but for the new Citizen Navihawk A/T. Although that watch has a lug width of 23 mm, this strap fits perfectly. It is extremely thick for a leather watch strap, but surprisingly flexible, and requires very little break-in once you put it on your favorite watch. The underside is marked: "22 Hirsch Liberty Artisan Leather." The quality of the stitching, buckle, edges, leather, and keeper is absolutely spot-on. It surpasses the quality, comfort, and design of straps included on several high-end watches that I own. It allows for your wrist to breathe and move comfortably, and it allows for large watches to feel smaller on your wrist, as the strap will balance their size very well. I highly recommend it for anyone wanting a strap of this color, and I will certainly be a repeat customer of Hirsch products.
on May 16, 2013
I put this watch on a Seiko SNZH53K1 (blue face) as I had seen suggested on Worn & Wound. The strap is pretty thick and somewhat stiff when new. However, after about four or five wears it starts to break in. The quality and style of the strap will add a lot to any watch.
on June 3, 2014
Was looking for a quality band for my Citizen JY0005-50E. Saw many reviews about Hirsch. It is a very good looking band. The pin holes aren't super tight but a great fit. The watch looks really cool now and reduced the weight a bit.
on February 27, 2016
Watch strap arrived today. It's not as nice as I expected it to be. I have worked with leather as a hobby for the past 5 years, so I have a fairly decent understanding of the many unique characteriscs of leather.

First off, the color of the strap I received was much more muted than what is pictured. My strap is a lighter, less brilliant tone than the deep, rich reddish brown shown in the product picture. My strap is closer in color to a sun bleeched basketball.

Second, the finish is not as clean and well detailed as a leather strap of this price should be. I noticed several imperfections which appeared to have been covered up with a bit of painted wax.

The tag read "Made in China", while the underside of the strap reads "Hirsch, Austria Since 1765". Based on the less than perfect finish, I have the feeling this strap is just another product made in China.

While I paid $40, this strap feels like a $20 strap. Only reason I will probably keep it is that I don't want to go through the aggravation of sending it back to the seller (Long Island Watch) because they took a long time to ship this strap, who knows how long it will take them to send me a replacement. Frustrating part is I am an Amazon Prime member and it was supposed to arrive within 2 days, but I got it 6 days after I ordered it.

My personal experience; $40 wasted.
on January 21, 2015
Works and looks great on my Maratac pilot (46 mm). Well made but one of the leather strap retainers did break where it is glued. I was able to fix it with superglue.
on January 27, 2014
The leather is butter smooth and the stitching is perfect. This is a thick, chunky, beautiful watchband. It even smells good.
on December 12, 2015
Great, high quality leather band that complements most watches nicely. The band grows more supple and comfortable over time and with wear. It is definitely worth the price for those looking to change or upgrade watch bands.
on October 16, 2013
Absolutely perfect fit for my watch. The look, the feel and the quality of a Hirsch strap is incomparable to any other brands. Water resistant is one of the reasons I bought this strap. It's worth the price.

See 1 answered question