5.0 out of 5 stars It just gets better and better!
Published on March 14, 2012 by Mimi Barbour

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story. April in OR
This was a good story, the sex between Ciara and Jean Marc was good. I liked the whole premise of the ebook, it spans from when they first met to when she gets caught, there was enough of a plot that also included a bad guy who was blackmailing Ciara and her friends.
Published on March 2, 2012 by April in Oregon

5.0 out of 5 stars It just gets better and better!, March 14, 2012
This review is from: In His Control (sexy romantic thriller - full length ) (Kindle Edition)
Stuff! Who needed stuff? Especially to buy it when it was easier for Ciara to steal. A man, not handsome - better - a Frenchman who was a cop called Jean Marc edged his way into her solo dance routine on the nightclub floor. That's all she needed when her intentions to steal the princess's diamonds were what brought her out there. Just one of these trinkets would keep her and the orphans in money for quite some time. A flick of her wrist and into the pocket went a bracelet - his pocket!!
What an incredible beginning to a story that just kept hooking me deeper. Plot twists and beautiful writing. What more could we ask for? Hot sex? That's in there also. It just gets better and better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Atmospheric, emotional, and sexy!, March 2, 2012
I've enjoyed many of Nina Bruhns's novels and this was no exception. I loved the international flair -- I've always been a sucker for cops, but one with a french accent, too? Wow! But he wasn't just a sexy cop, just like the heroine isn't simply what she appears to be. The characters are complex and compelling. I love that the author can write great romance and thread it with suspense and action, too. This is a meaty story and well worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Romance that will handcuff you to your kindle until you're done!, March 6, 2012
The French Detective's Woman entices you into its clutches with its sexy hero, bad-girl heroine and plenty of exciting action. The romance is hot and the twists and turns of the plot are fun and unexpected. Once you start reading you'll be handcuffed to your kindle until your done reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story. April in OR, March 2, 2012
My only con about this ebook was that it just ends when everything is revealed, you know that he wants to be with her but what next? There was never any mention of marriage or her living with him in the end.
At least this ebook was only .99 cents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Romp!, August 10, 2012
Sweet Falene (Northern Climes) - See all my reviews
I just finished this book last night, and I only started it yesterday morning. :0) I loved the back and forth between Ciara and Jean Marc, the intensity of their emotions, the realism in their personalities was in my mind perfect!

Through the whole book, I kept trying to guess where the author was going to take me, but at each turn I was surprised. The pacing of the book was spot on, the sex scenes were smoking hot and all the supporting characters were fabulous. I really have nothing to critique, this was a great book that I would recommend to anyone wanting a fast paced, well written contemporary romance.

Looking forward to more books by Ms. Bruhns. :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just how I like my books....., August 13, 2012
Set in Paris, France an American girl with a heart of gold steals from the rich to help some orphans keep off the street to get a chance she never got, help out of gutter, and pushed towards a good future.
As she is waiting for her next mark to show up at the club, she almost gets distracted by the handsome Frenchman who joins her on the dance floor. Instant sparks. But he turns out to be the police officer who is trying to capture her.
She is trying to keep the kids safe and not get caught. while he is fighting his own battles, to trust the girl who has captured his heart.
Amazing book. Well written. Fantastic characters that you fall in love with. Im a sucker for a good cop book and this one didn't disappoint. some thrills and spice and everything nice. ill be reading more from Nina Bruhns.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book, April 21, 2012
Excellent until the end. It was a very quick ending it needed a little more. But it was a really bold book. Suspenceful until the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars I just wanted a little bit more from Jean-Marc, March 15, 2012
I do like Nina Bruhns/Nikita Black, and while I did like much of this story, one aspect of it and the hero disappointed me. Maybe I'm being too romantic and not realistic, but I really didn't want to find that out about him. Without giving spoilers, I was willing to forgive and forget his part in what happens to the heroine (whether his action or inaction, however you want to look at it), but this other bit of news about him added some insult to injury in my book. And I wanted the heroine to be angrier at him for longer than she was.

Other than that, I was completely enjoying the story up to that point. I really like cop romance, and he was a fine, French detective. He's also practically obsessed with her (which is why I expected something different from him), and I do really like when a hero can't get a woman out of his head. Also, I liked that he was an older man (I think it mentioned he was 43 to her age of 31).

It's a fairly long romance (6480 kindle locations) with a good bit of action and excitement to it, a lot of story for $.99. The characters and the French setting felt authentic and well thought out. The sex was hot and dominating.

This would have been a four-star read for me if only Jean-Marc had not fallen off his pedestal. I just had a hard time getting that out of my head. I also wanted a bit more at the ending. I know Jean-Marc loved the h, he must have, but I wanted to hear more about that from his lips. Sometimes a verbal "I love you" helps seal the deal, and I would have loved an epilogue for that reason. I just wanted HEA locked down nice and tight after all that had happened.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow, March 3, 2013
Don't know what I expected, I think the couple who decides to tour France just after the War and , (what a surprise), discovers the lack of food, transportation, hot water, and even bicycles to use getting around are unexpected. The conversations and observations of those they meet and the places they see, are dull. Some things are interesting, however the lack of humor and the sitting around a parlor just talking, go on and on. I keep hoping the story line will pick up a little and hold my interest for more than 15 min. at a time.

3.0 out of 5 stars The French Detective's Woman/ The Paris Caper (Bruhns), March 16, 2013
RANT ALERT.
Ha! I just found out that one of my favorite authors, Nina Bruhns, is also another of my favorite authors, Nikita Black, who wrote one of my favorite books, Cajun Hot. Who knew?
Anyway, while I sort out my pseudonyms, I have read many books by Nina/Nikita and have enjoyed all of them. Then I read this one.
It's a full length, sexy, intriguing, infuriating, contemporary romance. The first 3/4s of this story was great. Then things happened.
Jean Marc is the detective. Ciara is the woman. He couldn't find a clue if he tripped over it, and she wouldn't recognize a good opportunity if it hit her in the face. But that's OK. I'm perfectly willing to suspend belief in exchange for really good sex. What sent me over the edge was his attitude when she got home. Where was the grovelling? There was no grovelling! Not one grovel. No I'm sorry I threw you to the wolves, no thank you for not ruining my career, no I waited for you because I love you. I still can't believe what he did say. And after all of that, I mean all of that, everything was just fine and dandy with Ciara and the 5 star reviews? Please!
So read this book, don't read this book, I don't know. You probably should. But don't blame me if you spend the next few days talking to yourself. I have buried the French Detective in my Gothic Graveyard (The Archives) may he burn in... ah, rest in peace, and I will continue to be a fan of Nina/Nikita.

Rate and Discover Movies