5.0 out of 5 stars a most useful practice pad
Published on September 17, 2008 by James Armstrong

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: bag not as pictured
The pad and stand are great. However, the photo makes it look like there's an all-in-one carrying bag that holds the pad and the sticks. The product I received had a *very* cheap bag for the pad and a cheap, large wide bag for the stand. There is no bag for the sticks.
Published on September 17, 2009 by Yong Bakos

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars a most useful practice pad, September 17, 2008
This review is from: Hisonic Signature Series LXG-20 10" Drum Practice Pad with Stand & Sticks (Electronics)
I'm a jazz pianist by training and profession who has recently begun work on drumming issues. This little practice pad has met my expectations, as I have no need for a full set. The pad/stand assembly is very stable and sturdy, and the pad itself has excellent "rebound" action, which approximates a ride cymbal. The sticks that are included are size 5A, which are a bit large for me, so I bought some jazz sticks and am using those instead. I'm working on rudiments, 3 against 4 cross-rhythms, and press-rolls which are an extension of my work as a pianist. After a short time, I've been able to go into drum stores and actually make music, which is surprising, after all of these years at the piano. Kudos to the manufacturer for this fine product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Practicing!, August 3, 2009
I am a music enthusiast! I am learning the piano and drums at the same time. A percussionists told me to practice on a drum pad. This drum pad set was so cool for me! It came with a stand, sticks, and was good quality. It was easy to set up and had a cool carrying case. I enjoy practicing drumming techniques I learn from my teacher. It helps me to stay focus, and practice proper rhythm and strokes. I enjoy my drum pad!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, good playing surface, a little short, September 2, 2012
You're buying the pad and stand when you buy this item. The bags and sticks are not worth much. I have no use for the bags, so I won't comment on those. The sticks are too light to be useful. They are stamped "Maple 5B," and like I said, the wood is not dense enough. They'll make good fire starters this winter. Regarding the pad, the top of the pad, when mounted to the stand, adjusts from about 20 inches to about 31 inches from the floor. This means that it's tall enough for sitting in front of, but not standing in front of (unless you're a kid). The playing surface is fairly hard and has the rebound of a cymbal or snare, not a tom (which would be softer). The flip-up feet on the bottom are covered with a soft plastic boot (vinyl, maybe?) and the two stationary feet on the bottom of the pad are hard plastic, so you cannot put it on a table and hope that it will stay still. Also on a table, you have to use the flip-up feet, or two sheet metal brackets (not sharp, but thin nonetheless) will be sitting on the table top, no doubt causing gouges and scratches as you play. This means you cannot set it flat on a table (assuming you care about the table, that is), it has to be tilted. Lastly, it will sit just fine on your lap, which is a perfectly good place for it. All of that said, I like it and will continue using it. Since I just got it, I cannot comment on reliability, but the construction of the pad seems fine. The stand is a bit wobbly, but that doesn't get in the way of practicing. I'll be leaving it on the stand and sitting in front of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning: bag not as pictured, September 17, 2009
Yong Bakos (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Practice drum pads., October 1, 2013
I purchaseed drum p
ad set for my twelve(12) year old grandson to use instead of banging any and everything. Well, it works great with the adjustable heights, he's a short guy. Wonderful sound suppression, and really kept him interested in drums while everyone else can undisturbed. Great sturdy product, and packaged so nothing could be damaged. It arrived as scheduled, really a great trouble free transaction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, February 2, 2014
It is a very decent practice pad, and does what is supposed to do.
It is not of the highest quality and the stand feels cheap, but hey, the product doesn't cost a lot.
The pad is not too noisy and provides a good bounce.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat it for that price!, March 28, 2011
sturdy stand and sticks to boot
Great pad with a nice pop on the rim as well!
bought it for my girlfriend to practice taiko and I couldn't resist banging around on it myself :)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 10, 2014
Order did not meet expectations in description

3.0 out of 5 stars Good item for the price., July 5, 2014
The stand to this item is a little bit cheap, when playing on it, the pad will slide down. Other than that, I am happy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stripped nut on the stand, other than that ok., June 23, 2014
The nut that adjusts the drum head on the stand was stripped when it came. I was able to pick up a replacement at the local Lowes, but it would be nice if the set was in good condition when it arrived. Other than that, my son enjoys it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›