5 out of 5 stars
Hissing, Vol. 1 (v. 1)
Price:$8.68 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 28, 2006
I read this at the B&N and liked it so much I brought it home! (I paid for it, obviously)

Hissing is a story that seems to revolve around three main characters; Da-eh, an aspiring manhwa-ga, Sun-Nam, a cutie who wants to be a toughie, and slightly less important is pretty-boy Ta-jun, who's got a vendetta for Da-eh!! Da-eh and Sun-Nam seem to have some kind of complicated family past, but what could it be!? (Don't read ice Kunion's synopsis if you don't want spoilers).

Overall, I was very surprised and pleased with this book, since it's rare that I fully enjoy manhwa - that is, both the art AND the story. Story is better than most manhwa, and the well thought-out composition and strong but detailed art compliment it well. The last time I enjoyed manhwa a lot was "King of Hell" and "Demon Diary" (not a big fan of "Glass Moon" or "INVU" or "Audition". I prefer this to "Goong", too).

So for a story that has a good mix of humor and solemnity as well as great manhwa references from our protagonist Da-eh, I can only recommend this book with five stars!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again