Customer Discussions > Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter forum

Historical Accuracies?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 8, 2010 5:48:18 AM PDT
Troy Edwards says:
Abraham Lincoln's life is one of the most studied in American history. Can any Lincoln buff let us know just how accurate this book was. Like were his fellow vampire hunters people that were actually known to be in his life. Or the incredible detail that went into his assassination?

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 5:39:06 PM PST
Chris Smith says:
i'm not an abe buff but i remember some details about the man in a history channel documentary. he did lose his mother at a young age, he did resent his father, he did enjoy his stepmother after copping with his mother's death. he did lose many loved ones in his life. and he was depressed and a bit suicidal. so as far as i know the author did a lot of research to make this book creditable.

Posted on Mar 1, 2011 6:53:33 AM PST
When I had questions as I was reading, I asked my husband who was a History major in college. I was rather surprised to find how many details are accurate. I was especially sad when I read that Abe finally fell in love and then his fiance died before they could marry. As a young man, I am told, he was physically strong as portrayed in the book.

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 2:21:14 PM PDT
J. Ellis says:
Yeah L2ReadKaren, "Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter" is historically accurate - most, or all of the White Confederate soldiers were evil, RACIST demons, not even human... They were

VAMPIRES!

So I am not going to ask if you believe similar lying war propaganda about the last two Gulf Wars against Iraq (those weapons of mass destruction!) or similar lies against Germans in World War I, World War II (Germans supposedly cutting off the hands of Belgian babies, the Six Million gassed Jew Hoax).

When Americans start believing some horror fiction called Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is historically accurate, yeah - you'll believe anything.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 8, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith (Paperback - April 19, 2011)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (1,449)