Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

45%
55%
Format: Paperback|Change

Opens your eyes, clears your mind and changes your life so that you can REST.
on May 9, 2013
Each chapter in The History and Power of the Mind is made up from personal notes and lectures by Richard Ingalese. The apparent goal of the author is to instruct his readers on the subject, abilities, and benefits of understanding the mind from an occult point of view.
I found the book's content somewhat interesting, even fascinating; however, I was challenged by his 'old school' style of writing. I am happy that I read the book because I did get something out of it. His subject matter is unusual, and interestingly esoteric.
on March 20, 2002
This book, more than most, requires interpretive reading. Ingalese goes way out on a limb discussing some of his theories. I think had he written the book a decade or two later, after learning from Freud, Jung and other founders of modern psychology, he might interpret things a bit differently.
Nevertheless, it can still be read with benefit... if nothing else it's an inspiring and thought provoking account of the mind without the limitations (but also the structural framework) of modern psychology.
on October 7, 2013
Lots of the uses of our minds recommended now is made more understandable by reading this
reprint of a former classic. I found the writing to be very clear and all of it to be very easy to read and understand. Good reference and comparison book for some written recently.
on May 29, 2016
VERY much worth reading, better than most of that era and certainly better than most on that subject. Written in the 1920s, some of the phraseology etc. is a little dated but the basic ideas are timeless.
Dr. Ingalese's approach is very practical - and so far as I can tell from very short term experimenting seems to be making a useful difference. Highly recommended.
I've glanced at a couple of other books by him or his wife - this is the best by a long shot. You don't really need the others if you have this one. But YOU have to do the work...
on November 23, 2012
I enjoy all of the new thought authors and this one does not disappoint. There is much to learn from the authors that wrote in the early 1900's. I continue to find more and more wisdom from those that lived long ago. The Power of Mind is no exception.
on April 24, 2014
I am on my second reading now. The ideas are mind opening and the concepts are hard for me to apply, but I know they will improve my life!
on March 11, 2016
Still reading this informative but easy to read book. If you are into mind consciousness, I suggest you read it.
on August 21, 2015
Very intellectual spin
on September 11, 2013
Book arrived in new condition and well packed. The book is interesting. Haven't finished it yet, but it is a good read.