Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 11, 2009
If you are a Lizzie Borden junkie you need to add this one to your DVD library. I've been to the Borden House and taken the tour and this means so much more now that I have been there. Now if we can just get the ABC TV Movie from 1975 with Elizabeth Montgomery on DVD, all will be well.
on April 28, 2008
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would NOT like this dvd. It was superb! Who cares if the wig used in this dvd on Lizzie was not her true hair color! Does that really matter????? What matters is that the History channel once again delivers a fantastic and informative dvd filled with nice theories, facts, reinactments, and interviews. This is a must-buy for any fan of this type of genre.
on October 10, 2007
The history channel did a fabulous job in this video, making the Borden Case seem like it just occured. They leave the final note, "Did Lizzie or did Lizzie not do it" a question for the viewer to find out! Well worth the money!!
on March 25, 2013
I wanted basic history on what happened. I've been reading books on the subject where authors present their point of view on how Lizzie did or didn't do the horrible deed. I thought the video presented factual information. Also a little humor.
VINE VOICEon August 7, 2010
I can't say that I am a huge Lizzie Borden scholar or follower but there has always been a soft spot in my heart for history's mysteries. That's why this summer I decided to go to Fall River and visit the Lizzie Borden house where the murders were committed. I paid for the tour of the house as well as that of the Fall River historical society where the bloodied bedsheets from Mrs. Borden's bed still reside next to the infamous handle-less hatchet. I heard the traditional "Lizzie Borden took an axe" story as well as many variations that ranged from Lizzie was seeking revenge against her abusive father to she was a lesbian who was caught having an affair with the household maid. While these were revelations to me, I could have learned just as much if I were to have stayed home (and not spent as much money). What I am saying is, when I returned home after this epic day I sat down and watched this History Channel DVD and learned exactly the same information as I did in Fall River but for less $!

Of course it was wonderful to actually see the crime scene and visit Lizzie's grave, but such places are caught on film in this extraordinary documentary. The whole Borden story is told in this brief 50 minute DVD complete with archival photographs that are on display at the Fall River Historical Society. The reenactments are a bit odd but they never detract from the history or overall tone of the film. Basically, if you're contemplating a pilgrimage to Fall River watch this movie first and if you feel the need to see the photographs and artifacts in person then head on out to Fall River. But I think that this DVD is so complete that you might even cancel those reservations at the Lizzie Borden B&B and choose instead to just hit "replay" on your DVD remote.
on September 24, 2015
This is my generic comments on the stories that says “Lizzie Dunnit”.
This story is dedicated to the ace typewriter mechanic Martin Tytell, who built a duplicate typewriter when the experts said it couldn't be done.

Perry Bricker was reading his legal journal when his secretary Della Lane opened the door to his office. "Chief, there's a young woman here to see you about a problem." "Show her in, Della." "Hello Mr. Bricker, my name is Lizzie Berdan and my parents were really sick last night. I think our milk was poisoned by an enemy of my father." Perry knew about Andrew Jackson Berdan, a self-made man famous for his avariciousness. "You must not be buying Borden Dairy Milk" said Perry. "No" said Miss Lizzie. "Father used his position at the bank to award a supply contract to Farmer Gray and now he gets his milk at a special rate." Perry said he would use his detective Paul Gander to investigate.

The next day a telephone call brought news about the murder of Andrew and his second wife Abby. The only two people known to be in the house, Lizzie and the maid Bridget, were the chief suspects. Bridget was soon cleared, she was outside at the time of Abby's murder. Paul Gander reported that his operative talked to Bridget, who told of an unexpected visit from Uncle John the day before. Lizzie and Uncle John spoke in a low voice when Bridget was near, this was unusual. The house was searched from top to bottom but no bloody axe was found, nor any blood-stained clothes. When Lizzie was arrested Perry visited her in jail. "Is there anything new to tell me?" asked Perry. "Mr. Bricker, I didn't tell you about my cousin William. He had a debt that was coming due and was supposed to see father. William has a terrible temper and was once sent to a hospital. I want William's name kept out of this for family reasons. I am innocent of committing this crime." "Well Miss Lizzie, you would be surprised by the number of innocent men in prison" said Perry.

When the trial of Miss Lizzie began Perry, with the information developed by Paul Gander, was able to cast reasonable doubt on the testimony of the state's witnesses. The gilt paint in Abby's skull proved a fairly new axe was used. One of Gander's operatives obtained information about Raymond and his half-brother William. The former was seen to be waiting in front of the Berdan home, as if resting his wagon in the shade on that hot August morning. Raymond was called to the stand but said little. William was called to the stand and didn't say much. Then Perry asked him about the loan and if he was late in payment. His face flushed and he shouted "Yes, I did it and I'm glad! I'd do it again if I had the chance!" "Once is enough" said Perry.

Judge Arnold Brown directed a verdict of not guilty, and so a guiltless Lizzie Berdan returned home. But tongues wagged, and public opinion turned against Lizzie. She was guilty except a slick lawyer fooled a half-wit into confessing. Or maybe they were both in cahoots. And so the legend of Lizzie grew. There was a jingle that was repeated like a popular song. To this day most people think she was guilty.
on January 28, 2014
This was purchased as a gift for my future father in law. He enjoyed it. His family is directly related to Lizzie Borden. There is a museum in Massachusetts I intend to visit soon.
on March 21, 2014
I cannot believe I have students who have never heard of the Lizzie Borden Case. I make them research and write about it, and they are very spirited about her guilt or innocence.
on September 15, 2010
Any fan of the Borden case would need to own this DVD. It has everything about the case along with how it was turned into a bed and breakfast today. Very interesting to watch!
on December 20, 2010
I grew up hearing about Lizzie Borden and that would be because I grew up in the SAME city that she lived in Fall River Mass. good information