5.0 out of 5 stars Great History Channel Production
If you are a Lizzie Borden junkie you need to add this one to your DVD library. I've been to the Borden House and taken the tour and this means so much more now that I have been there. Now if we can just get the ABC TV Movie from 1975 with Elizabeth Montgomery on DVD, all will be well.
Published on May 11, 2009 by Greg Anderson

1.0 out of 5 stars I just happened to see this last night....
(March 9 2007 rebroadcast) I must've miss this the first time around. YES, why hasn't a modern foresnic study been done? There is likely plenty of evidence still in the Borden home, even after 100 years. The re-enactors in this production are just dreadful... Mrs. B is portrayed by a skinny, young-ish woman and the Lizzie actor doesn't even have her red hair and moon face...
Published on March 10, 2007 by P. A. Feher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great History Channel Production, May 11, 2009
Greg Anderson (Raleigh, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: History's Mysteries - The Strange Case of Lizzie Borden (History Channel) (DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dvd on the Lizzie Borden case!!, April 28, 2008
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would NOT like this dvd. It was superb! Who cares if the wig used in this dvd on Lizzie was not her true hair color! Does that really matter????? What matters is that the History channel once again delivers a fantastic and informative dvd filled with nice theories, facts, reinactments, and interviews. This is a must-buy for any fan of this type of genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Old Lizzie, October 10, 2007
The history channel did a fabulous job in this video, making the Borden Case seem like it just occured. They leave the final note, "Did Lizzie or did Lizzie not do it" a question for the viewer to find out! Well worth the money!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent insight into an American mystery, August 7, 2010
I can't say that I am a huge Lizzie Borden scholar or follower but there has always been a soft spot in my heart for history's mysteries. That's why this summer I decided to go to Fall River and visit the Lizzie Borden house where the murders were committed. I paid for the tour of the house as well as that of the Fall River historical society where the bloodied bedsheets from Mrs. Borden's bed still reside next to the infamous handle-less hatchet. I heard the traditional "Lizzie Borden took an axe" story as well as many variations that ranged from Lizzie was seeking revenge against her abusive father to she was a lesbian who was caught having an affair with the household maid. While these were revelations to me, I could have learned just as much if I were to have stayed home (and not spent as much money). What I am saying is, when I returned home after this epic day I sat down and watched this History Channel DVD and learned exactly the same information as I did in Fall River but for less $!

Of course it was wonderful to actually see the crime scene and visit Lizzie's grave, but such places are caught on film in this extraordinary documentary. The whole Borden story is told in this brief 50 minute DVD complete with archival photographs that are on display at the Fall River Historical Society. The reenactments are a bit odd but they never detract from the history or overall tone of the film. Basically, if you're contemplating a pilgrimage to Fall River watch this movie first and if you feel the need to see the photographs and artifacts in person then head on out to Fall River. But I think that this DVD is so complete that you might even cancel those reservations at the Lizzie Borden B&B and choose instead to just hit "replay" on your DVD remote.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie Borden video, March 25, 2013
I wanted basic history on what happened. I've been reading books on the subject where authors present their point of view on how Lizzie did or didn't do the horrible deed. I thought the video presented factual information. Also a little humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family, January 28, 2014
This was purchased as a gift for my future father in law. He enjoyed it. His family is directly related to Lizzie Borden. There is a museum in Massachusetts I intend to visit soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, March 21, 2014
I cannot believe I have students who have never heard of the Lizzie Borden Case. I make them research and write about it, and they are very spirited about her guilt or innocence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Documentary!, June 11, 2010
A. Amy (Schaumburg, IL) - See all my reviews
I love a mystery. The Lizzie Borden case has always been very intriguing to me. The documentary was very informative and the reenactments were very good and enjoyable to watch. Probably the best documentary on The Bordens that I've seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting DVD, September 15, 2010
Lacy M. Christian (Carlsbad, New Mexico) - See all my reviews
Any fan of the Borden case would need to own this DVD. It has everything about the case along with how it was turned into a bed and breakfast today. Very interesting to watch!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lizzie Borden, December 20, 2010
I grew up hearing about Lizzie Borden and that would be because I grew up in the SAME city that she lived in Fall River Mass. good information

History's Mysteries - The Strange Case of Lizzie Borden (History Channel)
Used & New from: $39.94