‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Edgy, fun, party-style rock that still maintains the message, March 24, 2001
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
Audio Adrenaline is a band that's been around for over 10 years (since 1988) and still rocks the house. Their sense of humor, great lyrics, wonderful live shows, and awesome songwriting has left them adored by thousands of fans all over the world. This, their first Greatest Hits collection, is as solid as their rock.
The two new takes - "Will Not Fade" and "One Like You" - will become instant favorites. Mark's trademark vocals are still right on. Actually, one of the most fun parts about this record is how everything is placed. The CD flows seamlessly from one song to another, and they're all put in an order that doesn't leave you sighing at a soft song and suddenly being blasted by a loud one in the next moment.
Still, some highlights I must point out: "I'm Not the King", "Blitz", "Some Kind of Zombie", "Chevette", "We're A Band", "Big House" (which was voted Song of the Decade for the 90's in CCM), "Mighty Good Leader", "Rest Easy", and "Underdog." Heck, everything on the CD's great.
Don't miss out on this one! It's the perfect trip down memory lane for the fan, and the perfect sampler of the band for the new listener. Rock on Audio Adrenaline and the message they've carried for 10 years 'n countin'!
Look for a new Audio A record to release near the end of this year. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars How can it get any better?!?, March 23, 2001
Matthew H. Edmundson (St. Louis, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
The only thing I don't like about this cd is the limited number of tracks...there are so many more greatest hits they can put on!But, I guess they won't all fit on the disc. That's alright because what is on this famous Christian Rock Band's album is out of this world. I haven't even bought it yet and I know it's great because I know these songs forwards and backwards (besides the two new ones of course). I have every single type of album...from singles to remixes, audio adrenaline has ever produced, and they just keep getting better and better. If you have never heard of this band or don't know some of these songs, you must get this album. Their music is so full of rock-life and stays so true to their Master's touch. With this band you won't get stars, showbiz, in-it-for-the-money feeling from their music...you'll get what God is doing in their lives. How can music get any better than that?

5.0 out of 5 stars An adrenaline rush of edgy, tuneful Christian music, August 16, 2001
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
Here is a band that was overshadowed for a long time by more well known Christian acts such as DC Talk and Michael W Smith. But this greatest hits CD does a good job of showing off the band's strengths and why it was one of the most tuneful and melodic Christian acts of the mid 1990s. From the hard rocking opening salvo of 'Will Not Fade,' 'I'm Not the King,' and Mighty Good Leader,' they catch your attention. For me, 'Big House' and 'Never Gonna Be as Big as Jesus' were pop highlights. The songs generally have an edgy, grungy sound, but they are always tuneful and appealing. I know people who don't like hard rocking alternative music who got really turned on by this CD.
This recording is simply one of Christian music's best offerings from the last decade, and it is in my estimation a worthy purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually, 7 1/2 STARS!! Finally - a joyful noise!!, March 23, 2005
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
This collection is absolutely ROCKIN'! You want a great message delivered in a way that will course through veins and very being? This is IT! Song after song of high energy, respectful Christian rock that just, well, ROCKS. "I am not the King" will lift you to new, previously unknown levels of energy and belief, "Chevette," I'm ashamed to admit for personal reasons - really hits home, "Get Down" does, "Some Kind of Zombie" is a real thumb in the eye of the Faith's critics, "Hands and Feet" will capture you in spite of yourself, "DC-10" is just plain fun and "Never Gonna Be as Big as Jesus," well... won't; but it's still a great song.

You want Rock with your Religion? Beat with your belief? Head-banging with your Heart-healing? Don't hesitate: This is the CD for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away!, July 15, 2005
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
I bought this CD reluctantly (yes, I'm a music snob) and man, was I blown AWAY! These guys know how to ROCK! Not only that, but their strong faith comes through loud and clear. Fantastic music - I keep a copy of this CD in my car, and another copy at my office. If you're looking for a CD that will make you want to rock out, sing loud, dance AND praise God, then look no further, my friend.

Keep it up, Audio-A!

5.0 out of 5 stars All the hits in one great package..., March 2, 2005
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
Audio Adrenaline is one of my favorite bands ever...they have an awesome CD collection and put on one of the best live shows I have ever seen. I have seen them 6 times, and they are wonderful each time and their CDs are also wonderful. I own each one proudly and play them constantly.

This a great AA CD. I get sucked into this CD the lyrics are wonderful and the music just helps to amplify the wonderful lyrics. It is a CD that you can shout with and sing with and feel great about singing your faith. It is a fun CD with passion and love build in. I just can't say enough good things about his CD. I just feel great each time I pop this CD in...it makes you feel good and raises your spirits. I love every song on this CD none of them are a favorite and non of them do I skip-they are all wonderful! I recommend this CD to any past AA fan and to anyone who likes great music should also own this CD it is a necessity for any music lover!

I mean come on if you love any old CD's this is a must have because it is all of their hits...but even though you are probably like me you should still own this one because then you can listen to all the singles on one CD and it is still a wonderful CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars listened to nothing else for a month, July 24, 2004
J. Hip (Detriot, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
I had not listened to chistian rock since '86. And even then I think it was just Petra. I decided to see what was out there nowadays. I went to F.Y.E where you can pretty much listen to a clip of every song on a CD and I liked every sing clip from Hit Parade! I HAD to get it! Then I couldn't stop listening to it! No other CD got any play in my car for a month! I would set the CD player on repeat and sing to Some Kind of Zombie over and over! YES! Christians CAN rock and one only needs to listen to AA to believe it! And the songs really have something to say, too. Sometimes a songs words were God himself telling me just what I needed to hear at that moment, in a way I could understand. I highly recommend getting this CD!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great intro into Christian Rock, October 1, 2003
"audioa33" (West Hartford CT, woo hoo!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
Right, well as everyone else says, Audio Adrenaline is simply an amazing band. I had the pleasure of seeing them play this past August at SoulFest in NH, and they were phenomenal. As a good many of the songs on this CD suggest they are truly a Christian "rock" band, with concert highlights that include crowd surfing, a member of the band sporting a mohawk, and other stuff. But on to Hit Parade itself. In my opinion, Hit Parade is easily AA's best, surpassing even Underdog and Lift(both great alubms themselves). The songs here are just the right mix of in your face rock, snappy pop tunes, and of course some great slower paced songs. Highlight songs for me are: Some Kind of Zombie (I don't want to call it metal, but it's definitely harder rock than most) Big House, Hands and Feet, Never Gonna Be as Big as Jesus, and Rest Easy (Best song on the CD, quite underrated). In short, grab this CD if you want a great intro to Christian rock, or if you're already a fan of the genre looking for something a bit more peppy and lively than Jars of Clay.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent album for short-time and long-time fans alike, July 1, 2001
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
I bought this CD to get a good sampling of Audio Adrenaline's best stuff, and I am very pleased with it. I can play the whole CD through and be happy for almost the whole thing, which is saying a lot for a 17-track disk. It has definitely encouraged me to further explore the very talented Audio Adrenaline. They are one of the best Christian bands out there. I will continue to listen to this album for a long time. It has many awesome songs. I would recommend this CD to both long-time fans of Audio Adrenaline as well as those recently interested in them. For those who are already fans, it includes new stuff that is very good. Will Not Fade is a great rock song and so is One Like You. Definitely a good buy, especially at the low price you are likely to find at mainstream and Christian stores. It is definitely one of the best greatest hits albums ever, and this is because the band is so great that it has really great hits! No filler, all pure, God-focused rock!!

4.0 out of 5 stars High Energy Christian Rock, September 5, 2005
S. Peek (Rocky Mountains, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Hit Parade (Audio CD)
This is a great collection by Audio Adrenaline. It is a CD that really rocks. There are a couple of mellower songs also.

Several of the songs have very good Christian lyrics. Some of the songs are really excellent and very catchy. I particularly like the following: 'Big House,' 'Hands and Feet', 'Man of God', and 'Underdog'.

If you like high energy rock with good Christian messages, this is a good choice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Hit Parade
Hit Parade by Audio Adrenaline (Audio CD - 2001)