5.0 out of 5 stars Great one you know which clips to use
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me at all...
I've been dealing with soldering and electronics since the early 80's, so it isn't as if I don't know what I'm doing. Used to work on aircraft electronics as well, so I'm not just some homeowner who "thinks he knows it all" because one time he soldered a wire onto a board and suddenly thinks he can do anything.

But I've had absolutely no luck getting these to...
Published on September 8, 2012 by John S. Dean

5.0 out of 5 stars Great one you know which clips to use, March 11, 2013
This review is from: HitLights Any Angle LED Light Strip Connector (SMD3528) - Six Inch Strip to Strip - Single Color Four Pack (Electronics)
I was completely and utterly frustrated by this product at first - I kept putting the LED strip under the clips, closing it, and getting no connectivity. Finally, I asked my husband to take a look at it - and in about 2 minutes he said, "Ahh..." and got it working. When they reference the "clips" that you have to slide the strip under, they means the small METAL clips inside. I wrongly assumed they meant the incredibly obvious white plastic clips that you obviously have to open and snap closed to secure it. Anyway, once that was cleared up, I'm thrilled - it's incredibly easy and works great. I have to wonder whether some of the other people rating the product down also got caught by the same mismatch of understanding that got me. Put the strip under the small metal clips, inside the big white plastic clips, and you may find you're just as happy as I am!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as discribed, January 26, 2013
These work as described but it would be nice to have some instruction on how they connect to the strips. Here is what you need to know:

The LED strip goes UNDER the connection tabs, so that they will make contact to the top of the strip. If you look closely on the top of the strip, you will see that the "varnish" of the strip is removed for these connectors. They still worked with the strip on top of the tabs, but the connection was not a good and the lights tend to flicker. No issues when connected with the strip under the tabs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 21, 2013
I purchased these to use with LED lights to place under my kitchen cabinets. However, I must have either purchased the wrong LED lights for this type of connector (or vice versa), because the clip won't close as there is an LED light that is too close and is under the clip.

UPDATE!!! I just saw a video that shows how to remedy the problem. Instead of cutting between the dots, cut so that all four copper dots are together. (An inch or so of tape will be wasted.) Then slide all four dots into the connector which goes in far enough for the proper connection to be made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Connections are good!, December 28, 2012
Connections are good and work perfectly to connect LED strips to your power supply or dimmer. I used these even though I soldered most of my projects when connecting from LED strip to LED strip.

I found the below LED lighting configuration to work very well and even an amateur like me had success:

US plug AC 100-240V To DC 12V 2A Power Supply Converter Adapter for Led Lights Strips
to
Inline PWM 12 Volt 2 Amp Dimmer for LED Strips with DC Jack by Ledwholesalers , 3318
to
HitLights LED PCB Strip to DC Transformer Plug Connector, 2 Conductor, Any Angle Turn, For SMD35
to
HitLights LED Flexible Lighting Strip Warm White, 5 Meter or 16 Ft, 3528 Type, 300 SMD, 24 Watt
to
18 gauge speaker wire (soldered)
more LED's (soldered)

I did not want ugly black and red wires between LED strips to show at any point so I used the speaker wire since it blends in and the positive/negative wires are held together by plastic/rubber. Also, I have never soldered anything in my life but was able to solder the wire to the end of the LED strips with very little pain.

I hope you find this review helpful. I wanted to post the parts that I used since they all seem to work together very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly on the first try, March 23, 2013
I was ready for a battle using these based on a lot of the negative reviews but in a couple minutes I had my first lights connected. I can only guess that the negative reviews are using these with the waterproof led kits and not the indoor ones as those are thicker. As one reviewer mentioned just make sure you put the led strip under the pins and not on top. Also be sure to cut along the suggested line evenly so there is room for a proper connection on each side. The only minor issue I had was I had to peel off some of the 3m backing so it fit on one side of the connector, the other side i could leave alone. These definitely work well and I'm surprised by some of these reviews.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me at all..., September 8, 2012
John S. Dean "John" (Sturtevant, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

But I've had absolutely no luck getting these to work with my SMD-5050's. I had a 15 foot strand I needed to break down into smaller sections and work around corners, so I cut off the first section I needed, stripped the rubbery protection off of it, cleaned the contacts, and got it into one of these. Then I did the same with the other end to test. And no matter what I did, the removed and re-attached section would not light up. I had good contact on the ends, it was slid far enough in, and it still had the covering for the adhesive so it was a good, solid connection.

But nothing. I tried a second strip, and same result.

It wasn't until after I just worked with the little bit I could do without cutting and threw the rest of the LED strip away (useless to me now) that I saw some other reviewer mention that he had a high failure rate on these, and in hindsight now I wonder if just pulling two out to test was not enough, and I pulled out two bad units.

Regardless, even if the other two were good, it would've still left me unable to do what I had intended anyway. I worked around it and was able to do part of what I originally intended, and will just purchase small LED strips and do it a different way to complete it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Clamp Design, July 30, 2012
The new clamp design work so much better than the old slip design. I had to return several (of the previous design) types of the old connectors, I couldn't get to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Connections, January 16, 2012
After trying to wire multiple LED strips together with 20 gauge wire (really small) and solder i went looking for a better way... I found these connectors online and they were exactly what I needed! Simple, relatively idiot proof, though i did need to figure out i needed to not try and reconnect the two ends i had just cut... You have to turn the strip around to reverse the polarity... which had me wondering if there is a alternate connector that wouldn't require that... regardless, with 16 separate cuts needing connections, it got the job done. fast delivery too.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT Product to Ease Strip Light Connections, January 14, 2013
These worked GREAT, as I used to connect three separate segments of cut-to-size strip lights to illuminate the inside of my gun safe. I’m not sure why others have posted complaints, but here are my assumptions. First, (note: this was not a problem with my connectors), but, for those who complained about the need to reverse polarity . . . gad, WIRE HAS NO POLARITY (i.e., beneath each red and black wire is an identical copper wire)! Sure, it’s always nice to have red wires match-up with positive terminals, but (functionally) it doesn’t matter if a black-colored wire is used to connect two red terminals (duh, it’s just a copper wire making the connection, regardless of what colored insulation covers it). Second, (again, not a problem with my connectors), for those who had difficulty making a firm / steady electrical connection between strip wire ends and connectors . . . my guess is you tried to place the strip light terminals (i.e., the small copper “dots” at the end of the strip light marked “+” and “-“) on top of the solid wire ends within the connectors - - - when you actually have to slide the strip light (dotted “+” and “-“) ends under them - - - so there is a wire to “dot” connection. Anyway, again, these worked great and considerably eased the installation of strip lights in my gun safe. I can’t imagine why anyone would not use these and instead apply solder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, April 21, 2013
I bought these to use with LED tape lights for under my kitchen cabinets. I bought a reel of lights so that I could cut them to size to place under different cabinets (each set of course needing its own power supply).

At first I didn't understand how to fit the tape into this type of connector because the clip would not close since there was an LED light in the way. I saw a video that explained not to cut between the copper dots, but rather cut so that all four dots are together (a little of the tape will be wasted). Then you slide all four dots into the clip. It will go in far enough so that the proper connection is made.