5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive functionality and special effects!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:15 Mins
I was completely blown away by the functionality of this LED lighting strip. This allows you to light 16 feet of length with any color of the rainbow you would like to use. It is ideal for creating special effects for your home or business and it is easy to install and use. I literally wired up the roll of LEDs in about 10 seconds...
Published 23 months ago by JJCEO

1.0 out of 5 stars The lights will only work for maybe 6-8 months.
I got these for my party castle last august and at first yes they were amazing. Come February and random sections of the strip started to lose different colors as well as the power box started to make lots of noise while on. Finally in May it died completely. Yes its cheap but dont expect it to last long. I emailed the company but never got back to me.
Published 18 months ago by alec

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive functionality and special effects!, February 13, 2013
Length:: 6:15 Mins

It comes with the following items:
* A wall AC powered transformer with the ability to power two strips or up to 32 feet of led lighting.
* A wiring instruction sheet
* A controller instruction sheet
* The 44 button controller
* The IR pickup for the light strip
* The roll of 150 LED lights that is 16 feet long
* An extra connection pin that allows you to connect a second strip of LEDs to the first one.

I won't go over the remote control as the video does that much better than writing it all down. I was very impressed by the capability of the system to adjust and set the lighting affects you want to use. The strips can be cut at every 3 LEDs and carefully soldered to allow it to make right angle turns and put the lights around a window for example. The back of the lighting strip is covered in a double sided tape to allow you to stick it onto a surface. While the lights do run at low temperature they can get warm if turned on and left in a rolled up reel. It is after all 28 watts of energy and when rolled up it is tightly concentrated.

This is a professional type of lighting system and it is ideal for decorating around your home like along the tops of your kitchen cabinets, windows, stairs or hallways. They are also ideal for use in businesses for accent lighting, emergency lighting or exit lighting. The video shows the power of the controller and the application of the system is up to your imagination. I liked the product and rated it at 5 stars.

I was supplied with a sample for testing and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super easy to install led lights for the tv, May 22, 2012
The product description for these led lights say there are meant to use as decoration around your kitchen and things like that, but I was looking for a set of led lights that could be install behind the TV. I look at other kits, but most of them require to cut the led strips and then solder some cables between them so you can go around the corners, or you can buy the bridges separately but where and extra expense. I finally order this kit. The package even has some extra stuff, maybe in case you broke something. I came with 9 pin connectors, 4 cable bridges, 4 led stripes with glue on the back, 1 control unit with an IR receiver and 1 power adapter. The first stripe goes to the control unit so you end with an extra cable and 2 extra pin connectors. I took me 5 minutes to install it in the back of the TV, first I remove the cover from the back of the first strip and glue it to the back of the TV, then I connect the rest of the strips with the pin connectors and the cables and the first one to the control unit and to the power, I also place the control unit in the back of the TV using tape. When I turn it on some of the stripes didn't work but I just unplug it and plug it again in the opposite side and vuala! It work. Pull the plastic tap from the control remote and you can change colors, fading modes, flash mode, etc. The only negative thing is that the colors on the remote don't match the colors of the leds, but you get used to it quickly. Another thing is that the only way to get yellow is in fading mode.
Overall is an excellent product, very easy to install and use and looks great (I'll post pictures).

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, March 2, 2012
The strip is nice and bright, and sticks easily to 2x4 boards in my garage next to the hot tub. The pre-set colors and automatic color changing are great for mood lighting, but what really impressed me was the ability to set your own custom colors.

Here is how you can create custom colors:

( 1 ) Press the button "DIY1". That loads color preset 1.
( 2 ) You can now manipulate the color as desired using the 6 Up/Down buttons.
( 3 ) Press "DIY1" again to assign the current color to preset 1. Now, you can return to that color any time by pressing "DIY1" again.

There are 32 individual brightness levels for each color (Red, Green, and Blue). With all colors at their maximum brightness, you have a white that is actually a bit brighter than the standard "White" button on the remote. Also, using the DIY colors, you can create much dimmer lighting than you can achieve with the presets and the brightness buttons at the top.

Also, you can turn off the light and it remembers the color it was on for the next time you turn it on.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is what the black button next to the Power button does...

5.0 out of 5 stars More bright strip, April 12, 2012
This review is from: HitLights Weatherproof RGB Color Changing SMD5050 High Density LED Light Strip Kit - 300 LEDs, 16.4 Ft Roll, Cut to Length, Includes 60W Adapter and 44 Key Remote Controller - Color Changing, 314 Lumens per foot, IP65. (Electronics)
I am a car installer and I install these to my car. I bought two different type strip from Amazon and compared them.

Waterproof 150 Color Changing SMD5050 LED Lighting Strip Kit RGB 16.4ft, 2038kit
HitLights High Density Waterproof LED Lighting Strip RGB Color Changing 300 SMD LED, 5 Meter or 16 Feet Plug-and-Play Kit, with 44 Key Remote and Transformer

First of all, they all come with everything and easy to install. But actually, I don't need the power because I connect them to my car battery.

Difference:

This 300 LED strips is much much brighter than another one. When I install them on the car, the difference is quite obviously. The number of the led chip is different. This 300 LED strip make it more similar with Audi headlight strip. That's the effect I need. So I give this one with five stars and I will buy some more in the future.

Con:

The price is a little high for us. I hope the seller can cut the price a little bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY REALLY BRIGHT!!, February 5, 2012
The strip came in a nice silver bag with power and remote. I only need 5 mins to install everything to let it work. The LEDs are really bright and respond to the remote instantly - no lag. I had the rgb strip before but this one has double density of the led chips. So IT IS REALLY BRIGHT!! If you are looking for some much brighter LED. Here it is!. This one is little more expensive but absolutely worth it.

They're bright enough that I need no other lighting, the colors are vibrant and the remote is convenient. For its price and the power it consumes, I'm impressed, and will be ordering more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hitlights HD LEDs - Big Hit with my Son!, June 20, 2012
I purchased the 300 SMD LED waterproof strip for my son's first truck. I have to say, for the money, this product exceeded my expectations. Lights are extemely bright and the intensity is adjustable. The remote works well and makes it easy to select different colors and light patterns. The remote also includes programmable buttons to quickly select your favorite setups.

My son wanted to install some ground-effect lighting under his SUV, so this flexible water-proof product seemed like a good fit. I was not dissapointed: Great price, quick delivery and a quality product. Other than salvaging the end connector, I did not need the 120Vac/12Vdc adapter. I powered the controller with 12V car voltage: wired from the batter through a small fuse and then to the controller that I located under the cup older in the center console of the SUV. I drilled a 1/8" small hole to proved access to the receiver sensor for the remote. I then extended the wiring from the controller to the light strip so it could reach an existing hole in the floor board under the drivers floor mat. Once under the car, the flexible strip was easy to route and we attach using wire ties. The strip comes with an adhesive strip on one side, but this would not be sufficent for this application. Be sure to seal both ends of the strip for outside applications (e.g., silcon, heat shrink tubing, etc). I did not cut the strip into sections for this application.

Results were outstanding: The 300 count strip was extemely bright and my son says the lights are "Sick". Now all of his friends want to trick their cars out as well. Nice product!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect accent lighting solution, Good for light therapy cure too., March 3, 2013
I bought 1 and worked so good I bought 2 more, and plan to buy 2 or 3 more. very convenient and easy to use. very bright. full control of all parameters.

the white is mostly pure, but you can see a bit of the RGB color separation, which not very noticeable, and is just fine for me. Using one for mood lighting at night. Don't understand why they enable daisy chaining the strip with another if the power supply is only enough to power the one strip. Have to buy an expensive $40 100W supply to chain another strip. Way cheaper to just buy two of these w/ transformer instead.

The HUGE big deal about this for me is that I successfully used this RGB LED strip as light therapy for my wife. For years she had major energy and sleeping/nap problems during the day. So, I adhered this strip on the edges of her work desk at home (on top pointing up at her face, and on side edge pointing at her face when she leans back, and facing her going across the far desk top and under the base of the monitor). I also put another LED strip on her flat panel TV which she watches for hours every night. So, able to give light therapy while working on the PC during the day and TV at night.

The she did blue/green full power in the AM, Green in the early PM, Yellow in the late PM, Orange at night. Then w/in 2 days her sleep and energy patterns returned to a normal daily rhythm with the sun, after of 5 years of messed up energy and sleep patterns. had to stop red at night seemed to make her wake up too early the next day.

For anyone with circadian rhythm problems, try the above trick and you might have a cheap and wonderful medical

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!, June 26, 2012
I bought this led strip to illuminate my Dolby Plaque in my home theater. I was so happy with the quality of the product. It changes to a lot of colors with the remote it comes with. You can modify the size buy cutting every third led. You might want to buy some connectors though because you may want to use the rest of the strip later. I have tried other cheaper brands of led strips but hitlights was the best one.

Pros:
Multi colors
stick it to any surface
non visible

Cons:
A little Pricy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Beautiful, June 20, 2012
These LEDs as I said in the title are Bright! Definitely worth the approximately $30 for the kit.
The lights can be adjusted by their Red, Green, and Blue components (each LED actually consists of 3 small LEDs that are either red, green, or blue)and have the custom color set as 1 of 6 presets. The lights can also be set to jump (skip between colors) or fade (each small LED fades in and out individually) at various settable rates transitioning between either Red, Green and Blue, or Red, Green, Blue, Magenta, Cyan, Yellow, and White denoted by the buttons Jump (or Fade)3 and 7. There is also a strobing feature with just the White light.
There are only a few feature that this doesn't include, though one of them can be purchased separately. One is the sound driver which makes the lights pulse to a beat, and that can be purchased for around $20. Unfortunately though, It looks like you would lose some other functions by plugging into the sound driver instead of the driver provided. The others are strobing with colors other than White and a chase feature, where the LEDs in the chain turn on independently looking like they follow each other, but this take a more sophisticated wiring and driver.
The ribbon of LEDs is extremely flexible and can be wrapped around most corners, though I'd be careful about creasing as this could break the connections between the LEDs. It also gets a little warm after extended usage but I'm not worried about it overheating.
The ribbon can also be cut every 3 LEDs but with the waterproof version, the waterproofing (clear plastic)seems to need to be removed to be able to splice portions of ribbon together after cutting, or to attach a new header for another driver (all are available here on Amazon, though they are a bit pricey.)
Another thing is as far as color is concerned, it doesn't matter if the LEDs are pointing right at someone because the colors blend immediately, but they will see the individual LEDs on the ribbon.
All in all I've already recommended this to several friends and shown it off to everyone I've been able to. I also plan on adding them to a few projects of mine to make them a little "flashier."
edit: I just wired up my LED ribbon to 8 AA batteries, there is no noticeable difference between using the provided transformer and running from batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and looks great, April 17, 2014
I ordered this to put behind my 52" flatscreen TV for some 'mood lighting'. I am very happy with it. The instructions are vague and printed on a tiny slip of paper, so I can see how some people might have a problem. But it you just look at it rationally it's pretty easy to figure out. The light strips mounted easily and, after a week, they are still stuck solid to back of my monitor. The colors are bright and look fantastic.
If I had one piece of advice I would say map out how you are going to install them before you buy. This kit is designed to have all 4 strips set in a line and the extensions are only about a foot long. If your layout demands that the strips go in different directions or you will need to set them further apart you will need to order those pieces separately. I could have benefited from being able to split them into two directions but I still got it to work without too much compromise.
I wish you could control some of the effects. It would be nice to be able to control the rate of the strobe and fade but you can't. Plus, the instructions say you have 8 levels of fade up/down but on most of the colors you can only see a few different levels.
When I first set it up 2 of the strips did not come on so I sent HItLights an email. They responded within a few hours with a suggestion that worked so I am happy so far with the support. **Turn the plug going into the non-working strip around.. I guess it matters even though they are not really marked in any way.