5.0 out of 5 stars Crown moulding vise
Excellent addition to the 10" saw for holding down pieces that aren't quite straight so they can be cut straight.
Published on September 8, 2008 by Nels Larson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money
Published on June 8, 2009 by Joe the trim guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Crown moulding vise, September 8, 2008
This review is from: Hitachi 321388 Crown Molding Vise Assembly B for Hitachi C10FSH and C10FSB Power Tools (Tools & Home Improvement)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, June 8, 2009
Joe the trim guy (Nameless, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This has been the only thing that has disappointed me about my C10SFH. I was hoping that it would help keep long pieces of crown in alignment for cuts on the ends of boards when you have a more than half of the piece hanging off of the saw stand. I have found that it holds the piece close but I still need to fine tune the alignment with pressure from my hand. I works well for cuts in the middle of the board where the board is against both crown stops.

I think there still may be some circumstances that it might be useful, but so far it has just gotten in the way. I have only used it on 45/45 crown. I haven't tried it on 38/52 crown yet. If I find a instance that it works well I will update my review and let you know.

I think crown stops and a good support stand would be a much better investment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not absolutely necessary, but helpful., June 10, 2009
I have both the right and left crown molding supports. You can hand hold the pieces pretty well. The vice is helpful to free you right hand when working from the right.