Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on January 8, 2002
From AW #79 (April 2000), which can also be viewed online at the American Woodworker website.
HITACHI SB 75 is an excellent 3 in. x 21 in. sander. It has the highest amp motor in the group, the dust bag works well and it has two speeds. It would be handier if the low end of the speed range were lower, but it works OK. A weak spot is the belt-change lever. It's pointy and hard to pull. Get the bench stand to really make this one versatile.
8.7 amps, 1180/1475 FPM (feet per minute), 10 lbs.
on September 3, 2001
This unit looked like a 4" x 21" BELT SANDER. THE 3" SANDING BELT HAD OVER 1" OF SPACE LEFT ON THE SURFACE OF SANDER SIDE TO SIDE. THAT MEANS YOU WOULD NOT KNOW WHAT AREA THE SANDER WAS SANDING.If it had a 4" belt it would look OK.
Looks like someone made it with left over 4" sander parts. VERY POOR DESIGN.
on February 7, 2007
I have always been very happy with Hitachi tools, so whan I decided to upgrade from the "disposable" models I have used in the past, I saw that the Hitachi had more amps and a low price. After recieving the sander, I tried it out on some 8/4 oak and it bogged down almost to a standstill with not a lot of pressure. I took it to a tool repair and they did a hundred dollars work on it(free for me with warranty) and it seemed to ahve fixed it. Now with only a few more uses, it seems I am almost back to the way it was. If I had it to do over, I would go with Porter-Cable.
on June 25, 2002
I have enjoyed using this sander, I am confused about a stand that allows you to use it for small parts. Overall, I am very pleased with this tool