4.0 out of 5 stars pleased thus far with this tv
I ordered the tv on Sunday afternoon - delivered Tuesday afternoon - thanks Amazon and fed ex.
Now to the tv: I am not tech savy when it comes to putting things together. Im really kinda old but willing to learn. Nevertheless, I called my cable company and they sent someone immediately because I needed to switch to an HD box! Before the guy came, I was able to...
Published on November 27, 2012 by cmc

3.0 out of 5 stars Good TV For The Money
TV has good picture on SD with Direct TV. I haven't hooked it up to HDMI HD yet. The sound quality is marginal. The DVD player is real noisy when it is loading and changing positions. While it is actually playing the movie it doesn't make the noise. The picture quality on DVD is good. Having said all that, for $139.00 not a bad deal, worth the money.
Published on November 27, 2012 by G. Stan Clark

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tv. Terrible sound., January 1, 2013
Great little tv for my workout room in my basement; however, the sound makes you feel like you are watching tv in a hospital. Ive been shopping around for an inexpensive sound bar or speaker enhancers. So yes it is priced well, but you may need to invest a little more for ample sound.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Bang For The Buck, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Hiteker MSAV1931-K3-D0 19-Inch 60Hz LED HDTV/DVD Combo (Electronics)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm now old enough to remember a time when TVs were bulky and prices were sky-high. Imagine, then, the delight of receiving a flat-box package from the UPS - just a couple of pounds - and getting it plugged in and set up in no time flat.

The Hiteker 19" Class LED-LCD 720p 60Hz HDV with Built-In DVD Player is very much as advertised and at a price point of under $100, it's a steal. I've placed it in a small downstairs guest bedroom. With its wall mounting ability (4 holes in the back), it can easily be mounted in the kitchen, bathroom, or college room as well...anywhere where space is a premium. Or (as I did), simply use the sturdy stand, which assembles with a thumbscrew...no need for a Phillips screwdriver.

Both the picture and the sound quality are good - obviously, not as good as a TV that costs a lot (you get what you pay for), but certainly commensurate with its pricing. A rather flimsy remote is also included, less substantial than other remotes I've seen with TVs at this price point.

There's a built-in DVD player, which works adequately, and it's possible to also connect the TV to a personal computer or camcorder. All in all, decent bang for the buck. The Hiteker comes with a limited warranty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV, but base needs to be more rigid., December 28, 2012
Tv works as advertised. Nice bright picture, good sound quality. DVD player plays well. Concernng the base: It is made of plastic and does not offer much stability. Sitting on a dresser in a child's room may make you nervous if they get to jumpin around. Feel the manufacturer could have put more effort into designing a more stable base. It will flex a good 1 - 2". Otherwise, pretty happy with purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy the combo just buy a TV and hook your own DVD player to it...., March 23, 2013
which is exactly what I am having to do now! I wish I could give this product negative stars! I have never been more displeased with a purchase! The DVD player EATS your DVD's and there's no way to get them out unless you use tweezers, etc. It pulls the disc in and won't let you eject it because it shows "no DVD" on the screen! Soooo aggravating! I should have known buying such an off brand was a mistake but I just wanted a inexpensive, compact system for a small space so I could do my workout videos. Awful sound quality, too! Picture is pretty good, though. Save some money and just buy the TV. I wish I had!

1.0 out of 5 stars not so good, May 4, 2013
bought a 19" Hiteker TV for kids for Christmas,all of a sudden last night it quit, now they give me a foreign number to call for warranty NOT HAPPY

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this tv, February 19, 2013
I purchased this for my son's room. It is not too big, pretty thin, and hangs nicely on the wall with the wall mount I bought. It was super easy to set up. He loves his new tv. The picture is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars This little unit works and looks great., January 22, 2013
Amazon Customer (Melbourne, FL USA) - See all my reviews
It's been a month and I have no complaints. It picks up digital TV signal from my cable service. DVD player works good. Picture quality is better than I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hiteker 32-Inch TV/DVD, January 21, 2013
The product arrived on time and is packaged well. The instructions leave a lot to be desired but, hey, it's a TV and shouldn't really need instructions in the first place. I mounted this unit on the wall using a Cheetah Mounts ALAMLB Wall Mount Bracket. After a few weeks, here are my observations. The TV works fine. I am concerned that the DVD makes a slight "whirring" sound when in use, but the DVD plays fine. You have to be right next to the unit to hear the sound, so I guess it isn't a problem. Mounting this unit on the Wall Mount Bracket was unnecessarily difficult. Almost all TV sets include a set of screws to attach to a wall mount. The screws a either in the back of the TV for future use, or they are used in rod that secures the body of the TV to the base it sits on when shipped - not this unit. If you want screws to mount it to a Wall Bracket, then you either need to get those screws with your Wall Bracket kit (the Cheetah Mounts kit I purchased comes with a set of screws) or buy them at a hardware store. I know it isn't a big deal, but Hiteker should anticipate it's cutsomer's needs and include things like that - they are about the only manufacturer that doesn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandkid's room, January 17, 2013
We re-did the back bedroom in our house as a room for the grand kids. They are still very young, so I hung this on a wall too high for them to reach. The picture quality is excellent, the DVD player works great, with a very small external antenna in a very rural area it picks up a lot of channels. I can't complain and for the price strongly recommend it.We bought the Square Trade Protection Plan for it as well, just in case the kids do manage to climb up and do something to it. It's a nice size TV for a small room to keep the kids occupied while they are playing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little set, January 16, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am overall pretty impressed with the Hitaker LED TV/ DVD. The picture is crisp and the colors true, the sound is fairly loud (although a bit tinny). Overall the sound is typical for small TV speakers, not as bad as some, but not great either. The Dvd player is reasonably good. I did not have a problem with it, as I did on a similar set by RCA. The remote is simple, well laid out and intuitive, Additionally, there are a lot of options for input: Componant and composite, HDMI, as well as the cd/ dvd player. (The manual notes that it plays MP3s and WMV as well, options that I had not conidered.).

The set is very light, and the manual includes details for mounting (that is, specifies the number of pins/ screws and spacing) making it easy to mount on a wall. There are a lot of things I like about this little set and think it is a reasonably good value for the money, especially since it includes a cd/ dvd player. The only reason for the qualifier is that sets seems to have come down a lot. We purchased a 26 inch panasonic for only a little more (which is why i have it 4 stars). that set, however, did not include a cd or dvd player.

This is a great set for a dorm room, or other small space as it is a slim set and the design (with the dvd player built into the side) is very compact.

It took less than 5 minutes to set us, and so far is working very well.

Like the RCA it has a fixed plastic base/ mount. That is, is is not flexible, does not swivel. That is OK for a TV (most have a fixed base) but less desriable for use as a monitor.

In sum it is a nice, compact, energy efficient unit, suitable for wall mount, and very good for small rooms and other compact spaces.

The picture is bright and crisp and the colors true.

The sound is louder than most small sets, but somewhat tinny. (I would not use it for watching musicals or music videos without the addition of external speakers).

The remote is simple and intuitive.

It offers a lot of input options.

Easy to set up and use.

I would probably give it 4.5 stars if I could as it is a good value for a vombination unit.
A year or two ago I would have been raving about a combination set for this price, as a dvd player alone cost almost as much, but now there are quite a few options in this price range, however, this set works better than the comparable one from RCA (which has colors that are too hot and a dvd player which is inconsistent, at best).

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›