Hit the lottery unlike the negative reviewers here who lost said lottery and rate Amazon and not the product. Got the TV delivered 20 min ago. Here's my short but VERIFIED review:

1. TV has 0 branding on the front. I could slap a Samsung sticker on it if I wanted to.
Published 16 months ago by nikecmh

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Pleased
This TV does not have the clarity that it should have. The picture will clear up and then go snowy with lines. And then repeats the process even after it warms up it continues doing it. I am hoping that it will settle down and be able to hold a steady clear picture. Would not recommend.
Published 4 months ago by rupke

5.0 out of 5 stars I could slap Samsung on the front of this & you couldn't tell the difference, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Hiteker TL50Z10AH-TP 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LCD TV (Black) (Electronics)

2. The TV actually has the power outlet pointed downwards which I wondered why my last 5 TV's decided to still have it pointing out the back.
3. The remote looks bad but works. Who cares.
4. The sound isn't that bad like everyone complains about. No vibration like someone else said. Plus, anyone who buys a 40"+ tv and plans on using built in sound vs a home theater is crazy. Unless it's a tv that is going in a play room.
5. Picture looks fine to me.
6. The stand seems sturdy, the screws that go into it though strip easy so be careful =)
7. HDMI inputs are on the side of the tv and are tight. Meaning, a normal HDMI head fits flush up against the tv. So if you have a cable with the big black ferrite connector close to the top, it's going to be tight.
8. The TV's interface menu is quick and is laid out well if that matters.

For my first off brand tv, this was a steal and I am very happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a secondary TV, but was surprised to decide....., December 5, 2012
I bought this TV with the thought that I would make it my secondary TV. I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma (4 years old) in the living room, still so much better of a picture than most of the LCD's. So I was surprised when I turned it on expecting lots of motion blur because of it's 60Hz refresh and watching NFL it was not an issue, then watching some basketball again no problems, then golf again no problems. So I switched to other non sports programs again good picture. Keep in mind I still feel that the picture quality and colors are better on my plasma but it was far better than expected. Being that my plasma is in a room with 7 windows it gets lots of glare so for the time being I've decided to move the plasma to a secondary room and make this 50" my main TV.

I have a nice surround sound set up so I never bothered turning on the TV to listen. I would probably say it sucks but that's just because I've yet to hear a thin TV have good sound. Thus I have surround sound.

The only complaint I have is that the bolts on the back for wall mounting appear to be insufficient, but it will hold fine I just would have liked to see something a little bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!!, January 3, 2013
For 529.00 this 50' was a steal!!! I hooked it up and the picture was just a beautiful as my 47' Vizio....not only that but we were able to hook our surround sound system up through our cable box and it was perfect....it arrived surprisingly quick....I have to say this is by far the best purchase I have made online, ever...I would recommend this to any & everyone looking to get a lot of TV for a lil bit of money...not only that, but with the free super saver shipping, I saved an additional 50$ plus I saved abother 30-40$ on taxes I would have paid in store.....it has 3 HDMI so we were able to hook up our gaming systems....you will not be disappointed if you purchase this, it also comes with a limited 90 day manufacturers warranty......so you have nothing to lose......buy it and ENJOY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alot of TV for the price !!, December 26, 2012
I was thrilled when I was able to snatch one of these on black Friday gold box deals for only $288. That is a whole lot of TV for that price, so far it has been superb, the sound is good and after a few adjustments the picture quality was great. I had family memebers come over and everyone was watching the basketball games on Christmas day and they couldnt believe me when I told them how much I bought the TV for, they estimated around $700-$800. I've learned not to always go by reviews by others especially if they have never purshased said item, amazon has a amazing return policy which allows you to try out the TV for 30 days if your not satisfied send it back free of charge on them. I'm happy with mines and hope it last for quite awhile if not square trade was only $40 for 3 years of warranty.

I really hope this review helps,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for the price., June 13, 2013
I must say that I am impressed with this TV. I love the fact that it doesn't have a logo on the front, it's just nice and sleek looking. Also, like some other reviewers have stated, the picture quality is superb. I haven't noticed any motion blur whatsoever, be it an action movie, comedy, cartoon, etc. I for one, think that the sound quality of its built in speakers is quite laudable. Better than my old LCD, by all means! And, I must again agree with some other reviewers on here in stating this: if you don't like it's audio, you should probably have (or acquire)some decent home theater speakers anyways. With the money you can save on this unit, why not splurge a little for decent audio?

All in all: I would absolutely recommend this TV. I love the way it looks, the picture quality, the sound, and most of all... the price point! I was most impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great HDTV. Ignore the negative reviews!, December 8, 2012
CharlieG (Asheville, NC) - See all my reviews
This HDTV is a bargain for $500. As an AMAZON gold box deal at $288, it's a steal! Please notice that of this date, not a single negative review has "Amazon verified purchase" below the title.

After installing this HDTV (which has no brand markings on the actual HDTV),I did a side by side comparison with my Samsung 1080P/120Hz HDTV. After a few adjustments in the easy to navigate windows, the picture on this HDTV looked almost identical to the Samsung. In full 1080P mode, the picture quality was excellent. You will not be disappointed.

Sure the best way to listen to a HDTV is through a good sound system, but the speakers in this TV are fine. No rattles, no muddy sound, just the sound you would expect from a flat screen HDTV (remember there is not much space to mount speakers in a FLAT screen HDTV so don't expect booming bass).

This HDTV is easy to set up and connect to cable, DVD, a computer, or other sources. It has three HDMI ports so connecting multiple source devices is a breeze. This HDTV does not have an optical connection for sound, but it does have a digital coax output that works fine. It will easily scan through the cable channels to find all unscrambled analog and HD channels and it finds them all the first time. It takes several scans for the SAMSUNG to find all the channels. The FCC requires cable companies to carry the unscrambled HDTV transmissions of all local stations. The FCC doesn't prevent the cable companies from putting the HD channels in weird locations and moving them around and Charter cable does this frequently. The ability to do a fast auto scan for channels is very helpful.

Here is another really amazing aspect of this HDTV. My Samsung remote control also works with this HDTV for most functions such as power, volume control, source/input and the up/down channel functions.

The remote control supplied with this HDTV is fine. It is not cheap and flimsy as the negative reviews have described it. It doesn't have lighted buttons and the solid feel of expensive remotes, but it works well and is no different then the remotes supplied by many "brand name" HDTVs.

Bottom line, this HDTV is a bargain at around $500. If you were lucky enough to snag the AMAZON gold box deal, congratulations!

Update: (One Year later) This TV is still working perfectly. It has become my main TV and it performs flawlessly. The Hiteker remote has one minor issue. When changing inputs with the remote, it sometimes takes several button presses to change inputs. New batteries don't solve the problem. All other remote functions work flawlessly. The remote from my Samsung HDTV changes the input on the Hiteker so I know it's the remote supplied with the Hiteker. This is not a major issue, just a minor bug in the remote. A great TV and after a year, I am still very satisfied. I'll update this review in another year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture, but Defective, December 5, 2012
For $288 this is most definitely worth the money. This TV has great picture and the sound is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The sound is similar to that of name brand TV's audio, which still doesn't say much.

However, the set I received had a quiet buzz or hum when it was on, it had one dead pixel in the top left, and had a dark band going across the middle of the screen that was about 2 inches thick. The first two complaints were not a big enough deal for me to return it, but the dark band running across the screen was noticeable on every color background except black. It was noticeable during videos and you could even see it on the "No Signal" screen, so it was not the source's problem.

I will be getting a replacement set soon, and I will update the review based upon the new set I receive. If the new set still hums and has a dead pixel but no banding, I would give it 4 maybe 5 stars, because for the price it is well worth it. $400-$500 seems like a fair price for this TV especially if it is your first LCD.

UPDATE:

I got the replacement extremely fast, as in UPS picked up the old one and the next day I had the new one. Same buzz, still a single dead pixel, and the banding is still there. The band is now on the lower half of the screen as opposed to the upper half/middle. This band is a little less noticeable and I don't feel like going through the hassle of returning it.

Regardless, I'm still happy with my purchase as it has a great picture and a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV!! Perfect Price!!, October 20, 2013
I bought this TV last year as a gift for my family for Christmas. I picked the Super Saver Shipping and it still came in 2 days. It mounts great on the wall. I cant find one thing to complain about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with my purchase, January 1, 2013
Great for the price. I was very worry about this brand, but after receiving my TV I could not be any happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, December 30, 2012
It was shipped on time and exactly as described. The tv has decent sound and a good quality picture for the price point for TVs. It is recommended for people who want a big tv by don't want to spend $1000.

ARRAY(0x981bfe58)