Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on November 26, 2012
Many people have scorned this title, filled with memories of Hitman: Blood Money. I understand the concerns but thought I would take some time to note the reasons I think this game demands your purchase.

The graphics are jaw-dropping on max resolution. I am playing at 1920x1080 with all settings at max and it is like watching a movie.

The interface is logical and easy to learn in the first mission. Each mission can be played on multiple difficulty settings to earn more points. This is great and gives you endless playability. You want to always get the max score, but it's great to know that even if the game is too tricky, you can finish and come back later.

You really feel like a stealthy spy and the overall design and art direction is quite pleasing.

Disguises are really neat and, while this is supposed to receive a fix in an upcoming patch, it adds an interesting element to stealth pursuits of baddies.

The contract mode, where other players make missions for you to try, is awesome and lets you compare your scores against friends and other players across the world.

The single player story can be a bit silly, but I'm not that into the stories in any of these games anyway - it's not like reading Moby Dick in even the best titles. If story is really important to you, I understand and that could be a little disappointing.

If you like a beautiful assassin FPS, go get this game. It looks amazing and I'm sure the kinks will get fixed in upcoming patching. I know it's not as open as blood money, but the zones are still pretty great and the challenge of doing them over and over truly is infinite.
on December 31, 2012
If you've played and loved the previous Hitman games, you'll love this one.

My wife thought I was watching a movie. That's how insane the graphics are.

All the things you like about Hitman with better graphics. Kill everything in sight, or be a stealthy and undetectable assassin.

The latter of the two takes the greatest skill, time, and strategy. Both are fun playstyles. GET IT!
on May 23, 2013
Awesome stealth game.

If you are into stealth games more than likely you will want to at least check this one out if your computer can handle it.

Awesome graphics and even though the story is a bit on the meh side the gameplay is wonderful. You have multiple ways to assassinate your target (lots and lots of ways to do him/her) but i find the only flaw in this game is the point system it uses. It gives u points/takes away points as you play the mission REAL TIME so if you are like me who actually cares about endscore (i know i shouldnt and just play like i want to) sometimes you do an action and points get taken away from your "score" so you constantly try new different things and see yourself resetting the same mission over and over until you get it perfect. And in my opinion that takes away from the whole immersion of the game.
on November 2, 2013
Firstly, I haven't played a hitman before so I can't talk about how good it is vs the others in the series. I personally enjoyed the game especially walking around in random suits while keeping a closet or hole full of people.
Don't walk in expecting a super stealth game but if you can have fun walking around in a chicken suit with an AK then this is the game for you.
on December 25, 2012
At first this game would not even get through the initial video animation without locking up. At first I was disappointed with the graphics/gameplay of the game. I thought that it was supposed to be more of a sandbox game bit it is not. I will say that this game began to grow on me after trying to get the suit-only/infiltrator modes of different levels. I guess it had just been so long since I played a Hitman game...I will say that I am a little disappointed in the fact that it took this long to get a new Hitman game out and there are not a whole lot of ground-breaking changes or additions from previous releases. The only one I really played extensively and thought was really a quality game was Silent Assassin. The ones after that seemed like they were made to boost revenue instead of improving upon a good game like Silent Assassin. I think Silent Assassin gave 47 the most human-like behavior/character. This one is not bad but still not as good as SA in this respect.
on December 16, 2012
I have played HItman games since the first came out, and after watching some videos from this I was concerned. Hitman has always been a game of trial and failure and creative ways to accomplish your goal. The videos concerned me with the "show me where bad guys are and where they are going" button, which led me to believe it may be victim to the Splinter Cell Conviction failure but I am glad to say that is not the case. Absolution is every bit a Hitman game as previous entries in the series and the game looks great on top of it. I turned the bad guy location "instinct" mode off and played the game like Hitman should be played. I loved the game, the implementation of the story adds to the depth of 47 and makes the game that much better. If you have played any of the previous entries or have ever wanted to start this would be a great place to pick it up.
on October 5, 2013
While I was never a "die-hard" Hitman fan, I was pulled in by blood money. A assassination game that allows you to pull off assassination your own way? I'm in! Blood Money was fun but Absolution is beautiful!
Pros-
Do the mission the way you would like (guns blazing or silent which is the better option)
Beautiful Graphics
Improved Mechanics
Customization Weapons (in contracts mode)
Improvised Killing (So many ways to kill)
Cons-
Some issues with disguise system

Verdict-
It’s actually a true pleasure to play a game that lets you tackle it from multiple angles. After several years of increasingly totalitarian games where you’re very much following a pre-determined path, it’s nice to have a game that doesn’t just encourage improvisation; it requires it
on March 4, 2014
Bought this for 5 dollars during one of amazon's sales. I love amazon and these deals. Game is ok. I've never been a big hitman fan so if you're in the same boat don't expect to be wowed. But if this game goes on sale again and you're curious it's definitely worth a buy.
on January 5, 2013
As a fan of the Hitman franchise, I was impressed with Absolution. The AI is much improved, as are the crowd effects. Missions are explained well and there is a more open feel compared to other titles in the Hitman series. I was most impressed with the instinct functions and the game really seems built to take advantage of the new instinct abilities.

I purchased this game from Amazon and downloaded and activated it through Steam. The game required that I update my video drivers. After the update, everything continues to run smoothly.

I strongly recommend this game if you enjoy the franchise.
on September 2, 2013
The premise and criteria of the game is just fine. However, the PC version of this game was release rife with screen freezes, blue screens of death, and other bugs that will come up mid game.

When I go on forums searching for answers there is a deluge of similar problems. Virtually all "answers" involve deleting your profile from Steam, download the game 'again' and/or killing the cache folder. Save yourself the time and hassle by paying a little more for the xBox 360 format of the same game.

Running this on Windows 7 Pro, 10 GB RAM and 1 GB GPU with HDMI Output. I can guarantee you buying this game via PC will be more a "project" than you intended to get.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse