4.0 out of 5 stars What's All The Fuss About?
Published 3 months ago by WILLIAM WOOD

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks Water
Bought this the other day from Bed Bath and Beyond. Very disappointed... Running on 'medium' speed, it lasts about 25 hours. Turn it on warm mist and medium speed it barely makes it 11 hours. I do live in a very dry climate but I expected a bit more out of something claiming to last 72 hours.
I could live with the lack of run time if that was the only issue-- but...
Published 12 months ago by L. Lentsch

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks Water, December 21, 2013
This review is from: HoMedics UHE-WM65 Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier (Misc.)
I could live with the lack of run time if that was the only issue-- but this thing leaks water all over the place. It pools up a ton of condensation on the top of the humidifier and the mist goes up a few inches above the top then floats down the sides to whatever surface it is on. After the first night I put two hand towels underneath it and the next morning both were soaked. If I didn't put any towels down, the puddle underneath was almost twice the size of the humidifier. I really hope I can return this stupid thing.
Pros- it did run quietly and it did humidify the room a bit.

2.0 out of 5 stars If you like wet tables/carpets buy this, February 23, 2014
Bought at Bed Bath and Beyond and is going back today after using 3 nights. Puts out plenty of mist to humidify the room but the mist, maybe 50%, tends to go down not up and gets the unit and the table/floor or where ever it is placed wet. Will soak a towel under the unit over night. Tried various settings and both warm and cool with same results. Do not recommend.
--bill

4.0 out of 5 stars What's All The Fuss About?, September 23, 2014
I purchased the HoMedics UHE-WM65 Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier from Bed, Bath & Beyond about one week ago, and thankfully I haven't experienced any of the issues reported by other users in this forum. My unit looks exactly as shown and doesn't leak, it's extremely quiet and it continues to work for approximately 72 hours when both water tanks have been filled at the same time. This model has two water tanks that can be removed individually for filling, using a integral handle that's built onto each tank. I use softened water in mine but HoMedics recommends using demineralized water if you have hard water issues (high mineral content) at your home. My humidifier had two "Demineralization Cartridges" (one for each tank) included in the package that can be added to minimize "White Dust" when using the humidifier (assuming you have hard water issues). The cartridges should be soaked in water for 10 minutes prior to adding one to each tank, and they'll continue to work up to 30-40 fillings according to the included HoMedics literature. The Control Panel has the following switches/controls that are conveniently accessible and easy to use: Power ON/OFF button is push activated and it lights up when pressed ON, the Warm Mist Button allows the user to choose either a warm or cold mist, the Night Light ON/OFF Button when activated turns on a night light that surrounds the Mist Increase/Decrease Adjustment Knob, and the Mist Increase/Decrease Adjustment Knob adjusts the mist from a very light mist to a heavy (almost a fog) mist. It's not my intent to downplay any of the issues reported by other users concerning their own humidifiers, but my unit works as advertised. I can highly recommend this model if you're looking a dependable humidifier for your home.

1.0 out of 5 stars It looks amazing, but turned out to be a nightmare, March 23, 2014
We purchased this at a retailer, not online, but we've had such a horrible experience with it I wanted to make sure others know about the problems. For some reason the mist flows down and get everything around it wet and leaves water deposits all over everything near it. I really wanted it to work, so I placed it in the bathtub just so we could still use it. Eventually, it stopped working after 3 months!!! The thing I really liked about it was the two tanks. I can't believe this product made it past testing.

4.0 out of 5 stars no more dry air, January 7, 2014
great product my hair is no longer standing straight up and I m not getting shocked every time I open my front door..put a nice amount of moisture back in the air that was so dry from my wood burner...sure beats that tea kettle I had sitting on top of the stove.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quiet and Fine-tuneable, January 19, 2014
This replaced a 15 yr old Honeywell that required replacement filters that was noisy. This HoMedics is very quiet, adjustable, gives option of cool or warm mist and did I say quiet? it also shuts off when empty. It came with a charocoal water freshener for each tank which will need replacing soon.

I would have given it 5 stars, but there is a white dusty film on all my furniture when I use the machine 24/7.. maybe it's my local water even though my home has a water filter on the incoming main. Maybe I need to adjust it so it doesn't put out as much mist. All in all a good unit so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars warning, November 11, 2014
Homemedics is a company that offers products for profit (as all company's do).my experience with buying a clearly defective, nice looking, product; their customer service department is not interested in customer satisfaction...at all. Good luck!!! Read reviews first....buy from a company with a better business model.
Regards
Gregory Stevenson

4.0 out of 5 stars It works great but…., April 2, 2014
It reads that it functions for 72 hours without refilling, but that is not the case. I have tried it on the lowest setting and without the warm mist, and this does help a little but no way does it go 72 hours. But it has helped with the static electricity and dryness from this winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, February 13, 2014
This humidifier works well in my sons room. The 2 tanks decrease the need for filling. Would recommend without reservation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Convenient, February 2, 2014
Bought this from Mac's and we'll pleases. Quiet and no messy filters to wear out. Simple to fill dual containers. Lasts a couple of days on medium and cool settings. Use in our large living area. Easy control features. We have altered water, so I would recommendnot using tap water unfiltered.

HoMedics UHE-WM65 Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier