Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HoMedics UHE-WM65 Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 23, 2014
I purchased the HoMedics UHE-WM65 Warm and Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier from Bed, Bath & Beyond about one week ago, and thankfully I haven't experienced any of the issues reported by other users in this forum. My unit looks exactly as shown and doesn't leak, it's extremely quiet and it continues to work for approximately 72 hours when both water tanks have been filled at the same time. This model has two water tanks that can be removed individually for filling, using a integral handle that's built onto each tank. I use softened water in mine but HoMedics recommends using demineralized water if you have hard water issues (high mineral content) at your home. My humidifier had two "Demineralization Cartridges" (one for each tank) included in the package that can be added to minimize "White Dust" when using the humidifier (assuming you have hard water issues). The cartridges should be soaked in water for 10 minutes prior to adding one to each tank, and they'll continue to work up to 30-40 fillings according to the included HoMedics literature. The Control Panel has the following switches/controls that are conveniently accessible and easy to use: Power ON/OFF button is push activated and it lights up when pressed ON, the Warm Mist Button allows the user to choose either a warm or cold mist, the Night Light ON/OFF Button when activated turns on a night light that surrounds the Mist Increase/Decrease Adjustment Knob, and the Mist Increase/Decrease Adjustment Knob adjusts the mist from a very light mist to a heavy (almost a fog) mist. It's not my intent to downplay any of the issues reported by other users concerning their own humidifiers, but my unit works as advertised. I can highly recommend this model if you're looking a dependable humidifier for your home.
on December 21, 2013
Bought this the other day from Bed Bath and Beyond. Very disappointed... Running on 'medium' speed, it lasts about 25 hours. Turn it on warm mist and medium speed it barely makes it 11 hours. I do live in a very dry climate but I expected a bit more out of something claiming to last 72 hours.
I could live with the lack of run time if that was the only issue-- but this thing leaks water all over the place. It pools up a ton of condensation on the top of the humidifier and the mist goes up a few inches above the top then floats down the sides to whatever surface it is on. After the first night I put two hand towels underneath it and the next morning both were soaked. If I didn't put any towels down, the puddle underneath was almost twice the size of the humidifier. I really hope I can return this stupid thing.
Pros- it did run quietly and it did humidify the room a bit.
on January 19, 2015
This is one of the better options for home humidifiers especially if you have it out in the open and don't want it to look offensive (it is very sleek looking.

Whisper quiet is right, I did not hear it at all.

This thing leaks? Please. All humidifiers end up having a reservoir in the bottom that draws the water into the misting part. When you pick it up to refill it of course there will be some water dripping from the bottom. THAT'S NORMAL. By the way, water drops on the top? Well, considering that it is pushing a fine mist of water into the air and it comes back down...IT'S NORMAL! Not meant for a table, wood, or otherwise because although this won't drench the surrounding area that you have it on use common sense.

I had an issue where static shock would happen every few minutes with a 10% humidity in my apartment. 1 hour in and it jumped to 15%. Woke up overnight and it jumped to 28%. It works.

Talk about the 75 hours? Yeah. That is on low. But really, two compartments. Each lasts about 12 hours as far as I can see on high and that is awesome.

I seriously don't think people are giving Homedics as much credit as credit is due here. I am impressed and happy with this.
on March 23, 2014
We purchased this at a retailer, not online, but we've had such a horrible experience with it I wanted to make sure others know about the problems. For some reason the mist flows down and get everything around it wet and leaves water deposits all over everything near it. I really wanted it to work, so I placed it in the bathtub just so we could still use it. Eventually, it stopped working after 3 months!!! The thing I really liked about it was the two tanks. I can't believe this product made it past testing.
on January 19, 2014
This replaced a 15 yr old Honeywell that required replacement filters that was noisy. This HoMedics is very quiet, adjustable, gives option of cool or warm mist and did I say quiet? it also shuts off when empty. It came with a charocoal water freshener for each tank which will need replacing soon.

I would have given it 5 stars, but there is a white dusty film on all my furniture when I use the machine 24/7.. maybe it's my local water even though my home has a water filter on the incoming main. Maybe I need to adjust it so it doesn't put out as much mist. All in all a good unit so far.
on February 23, 2014
Bought at Bed Bath and Beyond and is going back today after using 3 nights. Puts out plenty of mist to humidify the room but the mist, maybe 50%, tends to go down not up and gets the unit and the table/floor or where ever it is placed wet. Will soak a towel under the unit over night. Tried various settings and both warm and cool with same results. Do not recommend.
--bill
on February 11, 2015
Despite the other bad reviews I was pretty optimistic. I have the white version that does cool mist only and it had been great for years. It unfortunately is still in a box somewhere so I needed something for the time being.

This unit worked well, for about two weeks. The last time I tried using it it made this weird very loud motor sound inside the bottom half of the unit. No mist was coming out either. Just the sound of a spinning motor not doing anything.

Two stars because when it worked it was nice and what I wanted... until it crapped out.

I have returned this unit and I will now be buying what I was originally recomended, even though it's kinda ugly.
on March 20, 2016
This is the only model that ever worked reliably for me. The first one is 5 years old, still puts out great fog. It has lasted through 6 attempts to get a different model for another room - each stopped producing moisture or stopped working altogether.

So this one i bought on amazon is #2, and i use one in each bedroom, same model.
on April 19, 2015
I know a lot of people are mentioning the water on the ground if you have it on. THIS HAPPENS! It especially happens when you have the mist on full power. The machine just doesn't seem to push the mist high enough; just seems to pour out of the top like a fog machine as oppose to a humidifier. Consequently, the machine gets wet from the mist condensing back on it and the floor will be a little wet. To remedy this problem, we've found that if you keep it at half-power the machine is able to push the steam up high enough that it won't fall right back down on itself and ground. We haven't had a problem since we figured this out, but at a loss of not being able to use the full humidifying effect.

We have enjoyed the warm and cool features, and you can't really complain about the price when compared to other combo humidifiers. All-in-all, we probably wouldn't buy this again, but it works for our tight budget and quick need.
on March 14, 2015
Great product. It works really well and has been a good humidifier for the whole winter. It says is lasts 72 but we usually ran out of water in about 48-50 hours. Easy to fill and very quiet. Totally recommend.