5.0 out of 5 stars Decent oxy-acetylene welding googles, flip up shade
Okay, there are two groups of folks looking at this item, Steampunk costume folks and welders.

For the welders:
- Well built, inexpensive
- Both the clear and shaded glass were flat and well-attached
- The ventilation on the goggles was especially good

For the steampunk folks:
- The googles themselves are rubber-plastic, would...
Published on January 21, 2009 by Michael A. Duvernois

3.0 out of 5 stars Hobart Gas Welding goggles
I recently received my pair after ordering them from the seller 'Bravofun' with free shipping option. Within 3 days of my order, the product arrived with some amount of dirt and dust inside the faceless but that did not bother me much and I am satisfied with this product. Kind of Flimsy

THE PRODUCT HAS NO MARKINGS. NOT EVEN THE ANSI SAFETY STANDARD MARKING. DO...
Published on July 8, 2011 by Nick-VA

‹ Previous | 15 6 723 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Halloween party - science lab decor, March 25, 2014
This review is from: Hobart 770129 Oxy/Acet, Goggle - Flip Front, 50mm Eye Cup Shade 5 (Tools & Home Improvement)
This product worked well on our science lab table for Halloween. Not sure we came close to what the product is supposed to be used for, but it worked great for our purpose. We thought it worked well.
It was great and worked just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steampunk, Here I Come!, March 23, 2014
Marie Newport (Vancouver, WA United States) - See all my reviews
My husband wanted these to start a great pair of steampunk goggles. What he has done so far is fantastic! We'll keep one set of the two we purchased and sell the other one.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, March 20, 2014
these are really cool and great quality for the price! bought them as a gift and the recipient loves them--not sure what we'll use them for yet but they sure look neat and fit great...if you are thinking about getting these, do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, March 12, 2014
Bella "Bella" (san francisco, ca United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased these for a Halloween costume. Affordable and oh so cool! They were a big hit and the super cool part is while wearing you can see behind you?! Love amazon and their vendors!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool, and pretty cheap., March 4, 2014
Laramie D. Taylor (Ann Arbor, MI United States) - See all my reviews
We bought these for a Minion costume, but use them as eye protection when melting stuff with the focused power of the sun. The flip feature makes it easy to switch between tasks that require vision and tasks that require protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goggle review, February 15, 2014
The goggles are fantastic and exactly as pictured. They are perfect for the base of my Horuss goggles.
--Sol A.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, February 13, 2014
I ordered this for a Dr. Horrible cosplay. They came in two days and they are perfect! I will be using these again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do everything they need to., January 31, 2014
I used these goggles for skiing. Four or five different people commented that you look totally boss when wearing them. Oh, they are also good for welding. One problem is that light can come in from the sides if you wear glasses underneath them, glaring obnoxiously against the inside of the lenses. Glasses fit nicely inside, even still.

2.0 out of 5 stars Do not use for welding, January 28, 2014
These may be good costume goggles or even decent oxy/acet goggles, but do not use them for much else. They do not fit well, so smoke will irritate your eyes. They seem very cheap too. I would not use these for any welding, grinding, or metal work in general.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cannot paint, January 26, 2014
I admit that I got this as a costume piece and attempted to paint it with the stuff that is supposed to bond to plastic. You can pop the lenses out, and the black around the lenses easily holds paint. The blue part seems to never let the paint fully dry, so over a year later, the paint continues to scratch off and get on other things that scratched it, so buyer beware that I was unable (despite a few different tries with different paints) to get the blue part colored. Reasonably comfortable, and could easily see out of them. Just depends on your expectations out of the product on how satisfied you will be.

‹ Previous | 15 6 723 | Next ›