Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hobart 770486 Leather Welding Jacket - XL
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection

on April 1, 2010
I was surprised by the high quality of the jacket when it arrived. The leather is thick and it has really nice stiching. If you're considering buying the xxl, and you aren't that big but have a broad chest think about buying the xl instead. The xxl is huge. I am 5'10" 240 lbs and it's too big. My xl is in the mail. Beautiful jacket-years of use out of it. Buy it
on March 10, 2011
Got the jacket, its nice leather (Suede-ish finish) about 5mm or 1/8" thick, has snaps on the wrist to open/close, works well. I'm 6' 3" and arms where a little short (switched it for the XXL) but good deal, my only warning is that Hobart does *slightly* change style between batches, and the coat may not exactly match the picture (didn't have front pockets, but it did have a pocket inside, and was slightly lighter color) but it's a welding jacket, its for protection not style, and your gonna burn it anyway, so live it up
on August 21, 2012
I'm happy with the jacket over all its well put togethere! how ever I order an XL figuring I would have room under neat for a sweatshirt if need and there is no way> If ordering go one size larger then needed!
on June 29, 2011
Bought this jacket, not for welding but for protection from injured birds of prey that I work with. It is the perfect thickness, not to thin, but not so heavy that it is constricting and hard to move in. The color was a bit bright, not what was shown in the picture, but a brighter yellow color. Size seems a bit small for XL.
on March 15, 2015
Excellent Jacket - a little heavy and hot in summer

If you want to stay cool in the summer you don't want this jacket - it's heavy split grain cowhide. If you want to keep weld sparks off you - this is the ticket.

I'd been using one of those green treated cotton jackets. They work OK, but eventually they burn through and I was getting a lot of hot spark.

Seems to be sized pretty large, so you can fit it over your other clothes. I bought the XL and it's plenty big. Nice big snaps in the front, it's easy to get on and off. Because it's heavy leather, it does restrict movement somewhat, but that hasn't been a problem for me.

I'm very happy with the purchase - recommended
on January 24, 2012
This jacket is one of my favorite its a great choice for beginners that start welding its a great product and it's for any type of welding mig,tig,stick or if you are grinding metal it will protect you from flying material
on July 13, 2014
Overall this is a pretty decent welding jacket. Out of the box I was impressed with the style and stitching. The liner in the shoulder area is a plus. I rarely use a pocket in my welding jackets, so placement is not an issue.

Problems I have had include breaking the posts on three of the snaps in less than a month. I had anticipated this problem and had ordered extra at the same time. Even with lubrication, the snaps were so tight they would not come apart. The replacements are much better. I used Dritz Heavy Duty Mighty Snaps sold elsewhere on Amazon.

Also the stitching is letting loose on the left arm along with a tear forming next to seam on the same arm. The leather seems to be weak in that area. I have seen this in leather welding gloves occasionally. I will have to glue a patch over this area and resew the sleeve.

The fit and freedom of movement is good, so I will get another when this one is wore out.

Update: (8/19/2014) The welding jacket wore out in the left sleeve area. I usually get a full year out of my welding jackets. This one lasted only three months.
I was going to try another one, but the price has increased and I can get one that I know will last for less.
I have removed a star for the failure of the leather.
on May 1, 2014
Had a "fire resistant" jacket before and on the farm welding standing up is often not a option, welding under a bulldozer is a experience of man vs molten metal. I weld my share of items with a 110, 220 single and a 220 3 phase welder and this jacket was reasonable price and I suspect I can retire my hole ridden sweatshirt that was burned thru due to the old welding jacket not keeping molten metal from burning thru and plastering me with splatter. I was worried about it being hard to move around but that wasn't the case. I don't have experience with some of the more expensive jackets but for all hobby/farm use I would saw w/o a question this should fit the bill.
on May 13, 2013
Bought this jacket in XL and it still felt a bit small on me. Broke one button right away as it was buttoned together in the package and broke a second one taking it off the first time. had to go to fabric store to buy some replacement buttons. Will use this for now but buy a different brand the next one I buy.
on January 16, 2013
The snaps on the jacket fell apart within the first two weeks of use. The coat it self is good and after I installed new set of snaps I am happy with it.