Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on December 1, 2012
Would recommend this to any home professional or a small shop. Good wire feed consistency the regulator works great and it has plenty of power. I've welded 1/2 a36 with full penetration. The spool runner is also great, remember you will need a different shielding gas for aluminum than for steel. Only complaint is the ground clamp was a little cheap. Easily replaced for about 30 dollars. though.
review image review image
on June 14, 2013
I bought this Hobart 190 Handler with Spool Runner 100 to ugrade from my small 130Amp mig welder of a different prominent blue colored brand of welder. The difference was night and day!

I started out on an aluminum MIG welding project. I had never done Aluminum before and I found the spoolrunner very easy to use for even a beginner, and the performance and weld quality was good after I wrked with it for awhile. The suggested settings on the machine for all materials are "close". I also found the spoolrunner a very well designed and high quality piece, but read the instructions!!! Seriously.

The best part (even better than the spool gun) is the steel welding capability.This is the night and day part. The very first steel bead I layed with this machine was the best weld bead I had ever put down in my life. The suggested settings were PERFECT. The wirefeed stability is PERFECT. The arc stability I found to be nearly as good as your average Lincoln, which is saying alot! Due to the good arc and accurate settings, the penetration on this is superb on mild steel.

I like the 10ft Cable on the MIG torch. Thats a good length to have.

I also welded some stainless already (with the wrong gas in a pinch) and this thing worked very nicely.

I was worried at first because I couldnt load .024 wire into the machine, the smallest it takes is .030". But nevermind. It welds perfect beautiful welds with .030, even on thin small sheet metal on the #1 setting. I'll never need to go back to .024" wire.

This package is absolutley a killer good deal for the money. I love that it is good build quality and Made in USA. I love the versatility of the machine (MIG Aluminum and Steel). I will be a Hobart user for a very long time.

-Joe
Germantown, WI
on May 17, 2012
Built like a small tank, spoolrunner is great and doesn't kink aluminum wire, large noisy fans (so you know it's running cool), and full set of gas accessories make this monster a steal. This is the most power you can get in this form factor, so instead of crying about 2-3 amps less than an Ironman or Millermatic sit back and enjoy the extra shop space.

As an aside, I don't know who makes the guts, but I know they're made in America. Furthermore, the drive roll is *very* well-made and you can feel the precision when adjusting the tension. I absolutely love this thing.... now to fab a custom bumper for my suburban tank.
on January 18, 2013
Don't get a smaller welder, you will never enjoy welding if you do. Check out the used welders they are mostly 110 volt units.The 190 is a good home or farm use welder and the spool gun will come in handy at some point. Buy 2 tanks one for steel(25% CO2, 75% Argon ) the second for aluminum (100% Argon shielding gas), get the cart and as good a helmet as you can afford. Have fun
on April 6, 2014
I used to have a Lincoln 115v welder and I have a Fire Power 240v stick welder. I must say I love this HH 190. Much more penetration and cleaner welds than the Lincoln. I also love the fact that I no longer need to run flux core wire. I run C25 and solid wire and my welds look great with great penetration. If your on the fence about this welder, don't be. You will love it. I've never welded aluminum but with this machine and the SpoolRunner 100 you have the ability to do just that.
on September 19, 2014
This is a great welder for most projects such as auto restoration. I prefer using it with argon as opposed to flux core wire. welds are very clean. I have welded 5/16 steel and the penetration was very good. I have also used it on body panels and it works fine for that.
on September 5, 2014
This is fantastic mig welder. It's consistent, heavy duty and boy it can weld some thick steel. I've been using it every day for 10 hours a day for over six months now and it hasn't had a hiccup yet. The only thing I should mention is that the drive roller doesn't work with .023 wire so keep that in mind. Even though you can flip it around, it never pushes the wire through. The correct roller for .023 wire is Hobart 237338. You can find it on Amazon by searching Hobart 237338.
on May 7, 2014
I had a Lincoln welder and was satisfied, a few feeding problems, but it worked. I went shopping to step our game to welding aluminum, and the Hobart is WAY better. Got it and it works every day. Even have the ladies welding. Getting a alum gun was a bonus, bought the Hobart electronic helmet and Hobart gloves (softest and best fitting gloves ever) and now we have two new "want to be welders". Note, this crew never "played with the lincoln that is still sitting in the corner. So far we are jam free and making sparks.
on July 25, 2014
I bought this as a replacement for my 13 yr old Hobart which developed a problem. The new one seems great so far and the spool gun accessory that was thrown in on the deal will give another reason to try aluminum welding. Was a bit disappointed that I had to buy an additional drive roll to use the .023" solid wire that I have been using with the old machine, as this welder is equipped to run .030" flux core standard. Seems like a great value so far.
on February 5, 2014
I bought this welder to replace my 20+ yr old Century MIG unit. Well packaged. Easy to follow instructions for initial setup. The recommendations are very close, so very little tweaking is required. The seven click knob for current adjustment works better than I thought. I was used to a rheostat knob before. The ground clamp is cheap, and I replaced it with the Century clamp. High quality shield gas regulators. Fully adjustable, rather than fixed. I use mostly "steel gas" but the regulator can be calibrated for straight Argon. So, does it weld? OH, yeah! Big grin after running my first bead on 3/8 plate. I fabricate "stuff" for my tractor, so I'm welding up to 1/2 inch steel, with no issues. Excellent penetration using .035 wire at high current levels. I use .023 wire for small gauge tubing, and it performs very well. I would give this 5 stars, but I haven't used the spool gun yet. I am very happy with this machine and would recommend it.