The Hobbit: When does the DVD come out?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 7, 2013 5:18:45 PM PST
Of course, jackson & Co. will release the theatrical edition, then the extended edition, then the SPECIAL extended edition, and so on... But does anyone have a clue as to when we will be able to get the first DVD on Amazon? (I have my dibs in to be notified.)

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 5:10:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 5:15:13 PM PST
Well the dvd is being released in France and Germany in April, so it's a safe bet that we'll get it then too. Special features for the French dvd include all 10 videoblogs and a Making Of. The extended edition will probably be out in November sometime, I'm betting

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-hobbit/24127/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-dvd-and-blu-ray-release-date

Posted on Jan 20, 2013 10:09:12 AM PST
Thanks, Matthew!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2013 10:07:38 AM PST
The official release date is March 19! www.thehobbit.com

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 1:04:06 PM PST
Aha! Better!

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 12:09:22 AM PST
Cars&Guitars says:
Thank you Matthew! I'm desperate and anxious to preorder this movie!! I can't wait for Amazon to put the page up! I've been checking everyday!

Posted on Feb 1, 2013 11:30:13 AM PST
The page has been up for two weeks, CarsandGuitars. Just type in "The Hobbit" [in movies] and scroll down the page.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 5:08:39 PM PST
valentine says:
is the dvd version in that fast frame they were talking about or regular dvd frames like all others, heard the fast frame is very jerky?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 5:15:43 PM PST
Unfortunately it will only be available in regular 24 frames per second like all others. Current blu ray players cannot play 48 fps. I had no problem with 48fps, btw. I thought it looked nice and sharp.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2013 6:23:06 PM PST
I was hoping that it would *not* be ultra sharp, but I'm an old guy and I like the art of film. I *heard* that it looked like videotape (yuk!!!) but this is just rumor and gossip. I haven't seen it at the theater so I don't know.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jan 7, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey by Martin Freeman (DVD)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (6,515)