Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

75%
25%

on September 22, 2013
Due to the lockout, I skipped out on hockey altogether last season, and didn't get last year's edition of Hockey Prospectus. But I'm watching again this season, and had to get my copy as soon as it was available. I figured there'd be no better way to get me back up to speed and to get me ready for my fantasy hockey draft than looking through Hockey Prospectus. I was very happy to open it up and find out that they haven't lost a step!

Looks like I missed out "Player Usage Charts" in last season's edition, and was interested to read about them this year. Scattered throughout the book are tables and charts of things like a breakout on how far each team travels and how that's impacted by the realignment, or who draws the most penalties, or an analysis of the Montreal Canadiens defense that leads to a debate on who really was the best defenseman last year.

This is my 3rd time getting Hockey Prospectus, and they're 3 for 3!
on November 29, 2013
Missing alot from the baseball version. Player bio's sorely lacking (age, hometown, college, shots (R/L), Ht and Wt. .... you get the idea. Interesting charts but hard to remember all the acronyms. Good performance evaluations breaking down the player value. Would like to see a little more wit (like the Baseball version). This handbook is young but there's no excuse it shouldn't quickly improve. I expect more next year .... or I'll look elsewhere to spend my money.
on February 28, 2014
very interesting as expected. I would like Hockey Stats as done in past. Do just like a Bill James Hockey stat book.
on October 13, 2015