|Price:||$18.29 ($0.35 / Ounce) & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Hodgson Mill Vital Wheat Gluten with Vitamin C, 6.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 8)
- Turn your loaves of bread into professional quality with the Hodgson Mill Vital Wheat Gluten with Vitamin C; Impress your family and friends with bread so delicious they will think it's store-bought!
- Hodgson Mill's Vital Wheat Gluten is a natural protein derived from wheat will improve the shape and increase the protein of your bread; it will also extend the freshness as well as make higher rising loaves.
- Increase the moisture and enhance the shape of your bread with Hodgson Mill's premium quality Vital Wheat Gluten that is also Non-GMO and Kosher.
- Hodgson Mill is a family owned company that has been producing high quality baking and meal products with pride for over 125 years, and is committed to using sustainable milling practices.
- Whether you're a serious or casual home baker, don't compromise and always choose Hodgson Mill's fresh made, high quality grain products that are milled in the USA.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Vital wheat gluten, Vitamin C.
Refrigerate after opening. For most bread recipes, in addition to yeast, simply add 4 tsp. Hodgson Mill Vital Wheat Gluten per loaf to your dry ingredients. Most automatic bread machines offer accompanying recipes instructing you how to use vital wheat gluten. If not, just follow the 4 tsp. per loaf rule and you're on your way to the perfect loaf.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
If you make whole wheat bread in a Bread Machine this stuff is a must.
If you use cheap (low protein) flour this stuff is a must.
A little goes a long way.
You don't have to be exact.
Once you open the box it needs to be refrigerated to keep it fresh but it's best used at room temperature. (Although I used it cold and I got decent results.)
I not going to buy this thru Amazon 'cause I can't use 8 packs of wheat gluten. You have to look for this in flour section of your supermarket or in a health food store. Unfortunately, It is not carried everywhere.
The real test was when I added this to a sour cream bread I've been making for ages in our bread maker and everyone declared it "the best bread recipe" I'd made...but it was my old recipe.
It really does make it more like the gourmet loaves you might scarf down at a favorite restaurant or like those made with fresh yeast when you are just using the dry yeast packets. It rises better, and the texture is better and I swear the taste is better in our opinion.
I can't get wheat gluten at my regular grocery store and it was far more costly at specialty groceries around here...it lasts so I just got the box of it here, with no tax it was a better deal for me. I mean, you get a pack of 8 boxes. Cheap.
Negatives: I'd love to be able to order less at the same discount but I took the bags out of the boxes and they take up very little space in my cabinet. I have no negatives on how it works: I don't make a loaf without it anymore.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
living at high altitude i have resisted buying extra stuff to make my bread rise better. i finally gave up and tried this--works GREAT. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jazzy
I use this in my pizza dough. I rated a 3 because it had an older smell. My previous order from the store that I had in my fridge smelled fresh. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Crissy Seamster
I use this in all my baking. I make my own fresh milled whole grain bread and this helps to develop the sweet sweet gluten.Published 4 months ago by Tory Klementsen
Love this stuff! There isn't always bread flour available where I live, and when it is, it's very expensive. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Lisa P.
We use it in our breadman breadmaker following one of Tammy's Recipes for whole wheat bread (just google tammysrecipes. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jaime X. Ramos
This works really good with our breadmaker making the bread fluffier.
Regular flour we buy doesn't rise well by itself and this gluten is a solution