5.0 out of 5 stars Best tuned Hohners ever, June 6, 2012
Lewis Dalven (Arlington, MA, US) - See all my reviews
I've been buying Hohner harmonicas since the late 1960s, and although I have loved playing some of them, it's been a lot of hit and miss in terms of accurate tuning , air-tightness, playing responsiveness, etc. over the years. My last major Hohner buy was a set of Pro Harps some years back, which have been quite durable and have had a higher rate of success than any of the wood-combed models or even the Special 20s I've bought in the past. I have recently been playing Bushman's Delta Frost harps, but find their tuning to be inconsistent and their overtones a bit too shrill for my preference. So when I heard Hohner had a new model aimed at Blues players, and priced lower than Marine Bands, I tried one, in A, and then another, and now have 6 keys (G, A, B flat, C, D, F), every one of which has the same excellent tuning, playing action and overall quality. Whatever Hohner has instituted for QC on these is working! As for the "Chicago" tuning, they sound much the same to me as properly tuned Marine Bands, but with a plastic comb's tighter seal they play more responsively than many MBs I've gotten. And did I mention the spot-on blow octaves? Hardly any beat frequency oscillation. A clear 1-4 draw gives a very pure chord. Overall I like the tone they produce compared to the Pro Harps, although they are not quite as loud. They may not be the harp that will give the perfect Little Walter tone, but so far I'm liking what they offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent harp, June 16, 2011
I went out and bought a Blue Mindnight in G. I bet a lot of people are wondering what Chicago tuning is so i used my tuner to see what the differences where to one of my Hohner Blues Harps.
But first I just want to say that I love the Blue Midnight. It's the easiest to bend out of the harps I have. (marine band, blues harp, special 20) I also have troubles with the high holes but the Midnight's are really easy for me me play. I would prefer wood comb to the plastic comb it has.
Now to the tuning
1 3 5 blow were basically spot on pitch
2 blow was -20 cents
4 blow was +15 cents
EDIT: So I found out the Blue Midnight is part of the MS series so I swapped out the wood comb from my Blues Harp and now I have a wood combed Blue Midnight!
6 blow was +15 cents
1 2 3 draw were about + or -5
5 spot on
4 +10 cents
6 +20 cents
The Blues Harp I compared it to was very different so I bet alot of people will be able to hear the tuning difference

The only reason that I did not give 5 stars was because of the comb. I swapped out the plastic for a wooden one since it's an MS series. The wood comb is just a preference of mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute and good quality, October 31, 2013
This review is from: Hohner 595BX-C Harmonica, Key of C (Electronics)
Surprise to see it's made in Germany. Good quality, nice looking. A little small than I expected. But my son loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner...., August 3, 2013
Peter A. Johnson "Uli" (Crystal Lake, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hohner 595BX-C Harmonica, Key of C (Electronics)
I am a beginner harp player and certainly not an expert on this instrument. I can tell you this, though - based on looks, feel, tone, and intonation, I think this harp is an excellent value.

All of the above mentioned qualities are on par with the more expensive marine band. The tone is a bit shriller on this harp then the marine band, but in all other areas I don't see a difference.

The plastic comb will not swell or get as nasty as a wooden comb can, I think a plus for a beginner who may not treat his harp as nicely as he should.

5.0 out of 5 stars hohner 595bx-c harmonica key of c, July 16, 2013
This review is from: Hohner 595BX-C Harmonica, Key of C (Electronics)
this instrument has a pure sweet sound.i just started learning the harmonica and i do not have any problem getting clear tones on all the notes.i highly recommend it for any level of player. richard

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it., June 5, 2012
I am very satisfied with this harmonica. It looks great, sounds great and it's air tight. I like it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great harmonica, January 21, 2014
S. C. Shevchik "Shelfly" (Bradenton, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hohner 595BX-C Harmonica, Key of C (Electronics)
My son loves this harmonica, and says he is taking online lessons, with great results. This was a Christmas gift for our son who is in the Army and travels light.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Harp, January 21, 2014
Bingo (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hohner 595BX-C Harmonica, Key of C (Electronics)
I use primary a Hohner Marine Band in C and this is a nice slight change of pace. The build is very similar to the Marine Band and the bluish tint to the body is nice looking. For me, I'd rate it as a tossup between the two and go for whichever is cheaper unless the blue tinted comb is a selling point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Beginner Harmonica, January 8, 2014
This review is from: Hohner 595BX-C Harmonica, Key of C (Electronics)
I bought this for my son, since he developed a fascination with harmonicas and I didn't really want him to continue using a cheap plastic one that wasn't really a musical instrument. This one is, and he loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Hohner 595BX-C Harmonica, Key of C (Electronics)
very good for a total beginner like me. i was able to play tabs (from internet) within a few minutes.