5.0 out of 5 stars Book is funny as all get out
So many misunderstood lyrics I never knew about. This book makes for sensational conversation around the living room table. Laughs for hours!!!
Published 16 months ago by Doug Wyrwich

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK
Published on September 12, 2009 by Kindle Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, September 12, 2009
This review is from: Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza: And Other Misheard Lyrics (Paperback)
I was excited to buy this book, and related titles, because my wife is constantly mishearing lyrics. It was disappointing to find that the 'misheard' lyrics were seemingly silly submissions by people looking for a laugh (or at least that's my impression). Some of the 'misheard' lyrics are for songs that are so easily understood, one has to wonder if the person who misheard the lyrics was listening to them on AM radio wile mowing the lawn. I expected to get more "Louie Louie" type misheard lyrics (where the singer is unintelligible) but instead you get silly substitions for words. I found it hard to believe that people really heard the lyrics this way. After finding out that the lyrics were submissions to the author, I had to wonder if they were really misheard, or just people seeing how creative they could be. However, all said, the price good and I did get a few laughs. I'll pass it on to someone else when I'm done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book is funny as all get out, March 11, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars With a title like that how could you not want to read more?, June 4, 2013
Hold me Closer Tony Danza is a hilarious and quick read for anyone addicted to misheard song lyrics.

In addition to the hilarious title another example of lyric gaffes that can be found in the book is from Pearl Jam's "Better Man" in which the lyric is listed as " Can't find the Vedder Man"

This book will make you laugh more than a few times. Perfect for a musician gift or just someone who loves parody song lyrics. It is and entertaining read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Boomers beware. This book is for your kids., May 26, 2013
I didn't know when I bought this book that the vast majority of the misheard lyrics were all from songs from the late 1990s-early 2000s, NONE of which I know. The humor falls flat because I don't know what the original lines sounded like. I love amiright.com, though in recent years it's tried to become all things to all people. I would have loved this if it had focused on songs from the 60s and 70s.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hold me Closer, Tony Danza, February 1, 2013
Sorry, this book sucked! The only thing funny in it was the title. I would not waste my money! Hey, got one I will sell you for a quarter!!

Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza: And Other Misheard Lyrics
Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza: And Other Misheard Lyrics by Charles Grosvenor Jr. (Paperback - September 4, 2007)
Used & New from: $0.01