Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 9, 2000
I purchased this CD on a whim, and what a wonderful surprise! I knew anything from Gloria would be good, but I cannot even decide on a favorite song here! So many times, covered songs are so-so, not here, though. Gloria's beautiful range and wonderful accent will steal your heart. If it's possible to wear out a CD, this will be the one!
on January 1, 2001
Gloria has done an excellent job of covering these classic songs. From ballads to disco the whole album is great and fun to listen to. The old songs get a new freshness. The booklet has all the lyrics and each song has a small note above it by Gloria, telling an anecdote or story about that particular song, of how she came to record it, or of a special memory it holds for her. A bit of a change from her latin/dance albums, but a special treat for her fans. If you are a fan of Gloria, or of these songs, you will enjoy this album.
on February 8, 2015
Great album! I love her renditions of 'don't let the sun catch you crying', 'cherchez la femme' and 'you've made me so very happy'--heck, I just love it. Arrangements and orchestrations fantastic; a gem of an album (yeah I'm old school lol) with songs to reminisce:-)
on October 3, 2014
What terrific interpretations! One of the most romantic albums around. The Satie intro to "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Cryin'" is pure class. Her voice can be tender and strong at the same time. She is a real treasure.
on October 1, 1999
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me is an excellent collection of classic hit songs. Gloria's voice is perfect on this album! My favorite song: It's Too Late. And God, she looked great in the music video for that song!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 1, 2015
One of the things I've noticed in listening to a lot of 90's era Gloria Estefan is how much from the albums of that era I actually recognize. Frankly? There aren't too many cover albums in my collection because,quite frankly,they've been extremely overdone in the past decade and a half or so. In this case? Part of the many qualities that makes her artistry so special is how she approaches her music in an entirely creative rather than solely performance based angle.. Since the focus of the Miami Sound Machine was usually rhythmic and instrumental? Her solo career focused on her voice. And in such a case? An album such as this really helps bring that out.

There are a good number of doo wop era numbers here such as the title song,"Breaking Up Is Hard To Do" and "Goodnight My Love,Pleasant Dreams". These are lushly arranged songs that go very well alongside numbers such as "Traces","Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying",merged here with the intro of Erik Satie's Trios Gymnopedies and "Love On A Two Way Street"-all of which have a slow Calypso samba about them. "Turn The Beat Around" I recognized instantly and like "Everlasting Love" and an excellent retake of Dr.Buzzard's Original Savannah Band's "Cherchez La Femme" basically add contemporary digital electronics while maintaining the strong disco era rhythms of the originals. "You've Made Me So Very Happy" and "It's Too late" find her dealing with her jazzy side-taking full advantage of her vocal range in the process.

After hearing this? It's probably going to be one of my favorite cover albums. There are many things I appreciate about Gloria and Emilio's musical and vocal arrangements on this album. The songs that require a lot of that receive it,the ones that are more about subtle shadings don't. Have the impression that she probably sang these to herself over and over again for years before doing this album. One of the other qualities that make this appealing for this sort of album is that many of the song selections showcase just how much Afro Cuban percussion was actually present in a good deal of the 60's pop that's on here,and that man Americans grew up on. I really appreciate the fact this album bought that out in this particular manner. And it's a major source of it's appeal for me.
on November 8, 2010
I decided to download this album from iTunes when I discovered Gloria Estefan from my ballroom/swing dance teacher. He played the song "Turn The Beat Around" and we swing danced to that song.

By the way, Gloria has a brilliant voice, and I can hear nearly every word she sings even without the lyrics.

My favorite songs by her are:

- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me (It's a great love song, and I can even sing this without looking at the lyrics!)
- Everlasting Love
- Turn The Beat Around (very upbeat and it's my very favorite, and I'm gonna learn this one)
- Love On A Two Way Street (I get that song in my head often, and I often recite the lyrics "I found love on a two way street; lost it on a lonely highway...")

Overall, I highly recommend this to my friends who are music fans!!!
on August 14, 2003
If you love Gloria's voice and some of these classic hits, you will love this CD! I prefer the softer, relaxing sounds of HOLD ME, THRILL ME, KISS ME; TRACES; GOODNIGHT MY LOVE; DON'T LET THE SUN CATCH YOU CRYING; BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO; and LOVE ON A TWO WAY STREET (my favourite) over the more upbeat TURN THE BEAT AROUND; EVERLASTING LOVE; and CHERCHEZ LA FEMME. On the whole, Gloria does a wonderful job with a great selection of oldies!
on March 11, 1999
This collection is a masterpiece of very familiar songs which Gloria sings at an unparalleled level of excellence with expression truly from her heart. Her emotion is overwhelming and the music pulls one from just listening on the outside into the compositions, and enables the listener to sense and share the love, the wonder and reconcillation expressed in the songs. A must buy for any romantic!
on September 13, 2015
Why do we love Gloria Estefan? Because she is talented,kind loving and beautfuil! And only she can do a cover album of past hits we love and make it her own.She gives us funky hot beats on,"Turn The Beat Around," and her voice on Dont Let The Sun Catch you crying can soothe any broken heart.And my fav" Its Too Late is super powerful! She is the Conga Queen and also a powerful singer.This Cd proves it!