Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 11, 2012 7:42:17 AM PDT
M. Flemming says:
Sadly this version is a distinct edition unto itself. The content included is only available with this edition. I wonder if it's simply DLC or a whole separate disc?

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 12:21:41 PM PDT
Looks identical to this version, with the same extra in-game dlc that comes with the standard version:

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-iii-collector-ubiworkshop-edition/

Tempting...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012 1:11:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 1:33:44 PM PDT
M. Flemming says:
Yes... Thanks for the link! I really want the Encyclopedia so I'll have to search for a source for just the book. I have the Limited Edition preordered and I hate having to now choose between the two! I want the figure from the Limited Edition and the book from the Encyclopedia Edition...

[Update:] Okay, I went ahead and preordered the Encyclopedia edition, too. I have a couple weeks to observe and decide.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 2:27:24 PM PDT
DaniBoo says:
you can buy just the encyclopedia on it's on for 50 bucks http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-encyclopedia-second-edition/

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 7:52:16 AM PDT
D. Williams says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 8:20:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012 8:21:33 AM PDT
M. Flemming says:
Thanks, very nice! I'll drop a pre-order on that one today!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 8:21:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 13, 2012 8:22:07 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 12:29:37 PM PDT
Ben Linus says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 6:29:25 PM PDT
So...do the Amazon exclusive Pre-Order character, etc. come in the Encyclopedia edition? when you select it that box is greyed out...

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 8:09:52 AM PDT
M. Flemming says:
@DaniBoo Thanks again, I placed a preorder at UbiWorkshop for just the Encyclopedia.

@filmfanatic24 Figure and Encyclopedia are separate editions.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012 4:25:06 PM PDT
Matrixkurt says:
I am VERY skeptical about this edition for the following reason: if this is the same edition as what is on ubiworkshop (http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-iii-collector-ubiworkshop-edition/), then this might be a problem. You see, part of the description on the ubiworkshop site is this: "Please note that the game, both the XBOX 360 and PS3 version, will work in EVERY region. The game can be set in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese. The books are solely available in English."

What does this mean? The case might not be the same as the normal North American edition (if it is not region specific then it might have a different ESRB label or case design in general). Am I nitpicking? Yes. But I want the same version of the game that I would buy if I purchased it separately.

What do all of you think? Not about my preferences but about the case potentially being different?

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 4:06:18 AM PDT
M. Flemming says:
Logistically, region-free discs are easier to distribute. Box covers are likely region-specific.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 11:50:50 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2012 11:51:35 AM PDT
Shopper says:
@filmfanatic24
Try this link instead:
Assassin's Creed III Encyclopedia Edition -Xbox 360

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 11:17:46 PM PDT
FYI: When I saw this listed, I wondered if it was the exact same as the UbiWorkshop version myself. I contacted Ubi to see if I could get clarification and was told that the Assassin's Creed III Encyclopedia Edition has the encyclopedia and comic, but not the other fanciness that's in the UbiWorkshop edition. The lithograph prints were mentioned specifically as not included at Amazon and one could assume the Desmond file packaging may be exclusive to Ubi as well.

On the flipside, Amazon has their exclusive pre-order bonuses and those obviously don't apply when bought at UbiWorkshop. So basically both versions have the two most interesting parts of the bundle (encyclopedia and comic), while the differences are minor frills. I'd already pre-ordered from UbiWorkshop before Amazon got this and those digital bonuses aren't enough to make me switch. When compared, it's not so much a choice of apples and oranges as green apples and red apples. Happy picking, folks.

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 11:36:43 AM PDT
so sick of having to choose from 5+ different editions of games. i'm just buying the regular game, i just don't care about these extras anymore.

oh look $5 instant video credit :/

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 6:28:02 AM PDT
DRedWingsDJY says:
I preordered this off of Ubiworkshop's website when they first offered it back in May. Now, they can't even tell me when it will ship, let alone be delivered. Get the word out: AVOID UBIWORKSHOP.COM! They take your money when you order, then fail to deliver in a timely fashion.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 11:40:17 PM PDT
Pazoozoo says:
I received this today. I was kind of expecting deluxe special edition box or something nice it's all housed in, but basically you get a pile of stuff that has been shrink wrapped, so the 2 books and the game itself that's in normal Xbox 360 game case. It went from "Cool! Its arrived" to "Meh..." within seconds of opening the box.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 10:02:54 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 10:56:16 AM PDT
DRedWingsDJY says:
That's odd. The version on Ubiworkshop.com shows a collectible Desmond case files box with some prints (http://www.ubiworkshop.com/2012/10/05/assassins-creed-iii-ubiworkshop-edtion/). I guess the packaging is exclusive to that site. My copy from Ubiworkshop.com is being delivered today. I'll post an update once I open it.

Edit: Got my copy. It came as shown in the link I posted before. Unfortunately, they sent the wrong version of the game. Only way to contact Ubiworkshop is via email and they're ridiculously slow to respond. If you don't care about the flimsy Desmond files outer box and the set of prints, just stick with Amazon's version. Much better customer service.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2013 9:26:25 PM PDT
I think you need to get back on your meds.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2013 9:27:10 PM PDT
Wow... you're that entranced by cardboard eh?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x956e7768)

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III Encyclopedia Edition -Xbox 360
Assassin's Creed III Encyclopedia Edition -Xbox 360 by UBI Soft (Xbox 360)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (10)