5.0 out of 5 stars Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology
Published on November 30, 2007 by Stephan Knight

1.0 out of 5 stars Book wasn't good
I did not ask for this, the description was way off, all that bad stuff to describe this product, not enough words and time to describe.
Published 7 months ago by Alejandrino Roscios

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology, November 30, 2007
This is an excellent textbook for first year nursing, allied health, or biology students in college. The material is organized and well-written; concepts are so easy to follow and understand. Very little, if any, background knowledge is required to follow the concepts in each chapter. Overall, an excellent textbook for learning the complexities of the human body, and it will also provide any student with a solid foundation in anatomy & physiology for graduate studies. Marvelous book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good textbook, could have been great...., May 13, 2008
This review is from: Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology (Hardcover)
This is a classic Anatomy and Physiology textbook with a good reputation. I found it to be really well done - easy to understand, descriptive, handled complex ideas well (citric acid cycle, etc), lots of great photos and micrographs.

Unfortunately, the Glossary was really substandard. There's just no excuse for a science textbook to have a crummy glossary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Put Together, October 22, 2008
This review is from: Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology (Hardcover)
This book flows nicely. It gets straight to the point without being overly wordy. Anatomy is not the easiest subject for me, but this book does a good job of explaining the human body and it's functions very clearly and concisely. The diagrams are plentiful and clearly show all viscera, muscles and bones. These authors make use of drawings and cadavers. You really begin to understand the workings of the body systems and exact locations of all bones, muscles and cavities from posterior, anterior, lateral, and ipsilateral views....absolutely every angle and region is covered. A good amount of pathology is included within this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, March 30, 2011
This textbook is great. I feel a little weird saying that about a textbook, but I really believe it is. For my first anatomy class our professor used a different book. I found the book hard to follow and felt that I needed some kind of previous knowledge in order to understand what it was saying sometimes. Not so with this book. I really feel like this book breaks down the complicated medical language.

I really appreciate the way that it is organized as well. There are a few chapters that maybe should be reversed for a more better understanding, but no big deal. Our professor went ahead and just taught them in a different order. I like that there are a couple pages of review at the end of each chapter. The review is not simply a word for word review, but rather each main concept explained a little differently (and summarized in about 3 or 4 sentences). I find the graphics extremely easy to understand as well. Most of diagrams are not overly crowded with 8 million arrows.

I also have the lab manual that goes with this text. While the lab manual is not used exclusively in my class, it is nice to have supplementary material (even though many of the photos in the book and lab manual are the exact same).

Lastly, I am using the 11th edition while the rest of the class is using the 12th. There is no difference except that the page numbers are slightly off. 99% of the images and the wording are the exact same. The powerpoints used in lecture are all based on the 12th edition text. I have absolutely no problem taking my 11th edition text, looking at the 12th edition powerpoint, and following along. Everything still lines up perfectly. By purchasing a used copy of the old edition, I saved about $300. And frankly, I like the font in the 11th edition better as well.

Great book, really helped me understand some seriously complex topics. I definitely wish my other professor would have used this book as well. Even if I never take another anatomy class in my life, I think I might just keep this book around :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great text book that makes learning easy!, August 21, 2008
B. Godwin "WWRD" (New River Valley, Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology (Hardcover)
I have found this text book to be very informative. The information is easy to read and comprehend and is aided by many pictures, diagrams and tables. Every chapter is well organized and broken down into sub-sections. The end of each chapter has a well thought out chapter summary that makes for a great review of the material. The drawings are detailed and nicely labeled and it also provides real life cadaver photos so it's not just full of the cartoon-ish diagrams. Also, the publisher's web site has videos, flash cards, memory games, practice quizzes etc.

I ordered this used from an Amazon seller and was very happy with the quick shipping, low cost and good product description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology, September 15, 2007
This is a course book and has what I needed for the course, I really like the full color plates in it for study.It was in excellent condition when I received it. Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Hole's Human Anatomy&Physiology----- Wonderful Text Book, October 3, 2008
This review is from: Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology (Hardcover)
I ordered this great text book at a very unbeatable price, which saved me a couple of dollars as compared to the school bookstore. This site was really a life and stress saver. The book came in great condition and within the time frame. I really like the clarity of the pictures. Its very self explanatory---easy to understand. I love it and will never hesitate on purchasing my future text books from this site. Folks Keep up the good work in satisfying your customers. Thanks for cutting back on my stress for this semester. God bless you all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Book wasn't good, May 26, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good textbook!, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology (Hardcover)
I really liked this textbook. It explained the topics in a way that most anyone can understand and the chapters were well organized. The only thing is that it needs a more comprehensive index.

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, September 28, 2008
This review is from: Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology (Hardcover)
The book was good was in excellent condition when it arrived. It came at the appointed time. I recommend the book if anyone is planning to pursue a field in medicine. It explains things, gives pictures and real medical stories pertaining to the particular topic.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology
Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology by Ricki Lewis (Hardcover - November 22, 2006)
Used & New from: $0.85