5.0 out of 5 stars Embrace a new kind of honesty before God, February 22, 2014
Don McAllister (Charlotte, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This workbook will walk you through the journey of self reflection and ultimate refinement. Let Kris Camealy take you on this journey as you embrace a new kind of honesty before God.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Personal Journey to the Cross, February 18, 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading through the book this workbook accompanies last year and was so excited to receive the workbook this year. While I wasn't sure how the author could make the Lenten experience even more real for me, she did just that.

This workbook will walk you through the journey of self reflection and ultimate refinement. While the journey itself for me was rather messy, the book was very helpful with keeping me on task and pressing on when I really didn't want to see any more of...myself.

The great thing about this workbook is you could do it alone or with a small group of close friends who are seeking the same: a deeper relationship with their Savior. I say close friends because the questions posed are meant to be taken quite personal and are rather intimate. There is no time limit to finishing the book and one could take as much time as they need with each topic covered.

A sample question that sums up the journey for me:
"God asks for our hearts. He wants deep fellowship with us. Knowing that this is how we are called to live, we must ask ourselves this one question: will we let God all the way in? Will you?"

I will add this workbook really does need the book to go with it to complete the experience. While it could be done independently as the scripture references are thorough, the book does add a deeper refining element -- making the title of a companion workbook spot on.

please note I did receive a complimentary pdf copy of the book in exchange for my honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will begin and continue a deep, transformative work..., February 17, 2014
This workbook is more than a companion to Holey, Wholly, Holy: A Lenten Journey of Refinement. It is a call to answer, one that draws you into deeper relationship, and greater surrender to Jesus Christ.

I love that the workbook is not organized by days or weeks, which can feel more like a burden when I fall behind. Rather, the way it is organized allows us -- invites us -- to take time to ponder and answer the questions when ready, mediate and study for as long as desired, and give space and time for God to speak to our hearts.

There is no doubt, if you use this workbook along with the original book, Holey, Wholly, Holy: A Lenten Journey of Refinement, and commit to completing the devotional study you will not regret it. The work God does in your heart will be a transformative one, as He works deeply and gently within, transforming you into His image.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready for a heart journey, February 16, 2014
I've often had the desire to "go deeper" with God but have fumbled with a starting point. This workbook (and the original book it accompanies) offers readers just that - an invitation to go deeper and get real with Jesus, along with practical steps to start allowing light to shine on dark areas we often shy away from.

The thing I love about this is that while you go through the questions, you don't feel alone or condemned. Kris writes with eloquent grace, does not sugar-coat the truth, but speaks as a friend walking alongside you in a journey we ALL wrestle with. While she encourages the reader with relatable pieces of her own story, she consistently points the reader to Scripture and back to Jesus.

Prepare to be challenged and transformed through this book that is truly more of a heart journey - perfect not just for Lent but in ANY season where you are seeking to draw near to Jesus. It is one of those books that you can go through again and again, as the Spirit and scriptures will bring out new lessons and transformation as we grow in our walk with Him. You will not leave the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare for an encounter with God, February 16, 2014
I read Kris Camealy’s book -- Holey, Wholly, Holy -- just before Lent last year, and was profoundly touched by the journey.

And now comes this long-awaited companion workbook. My heart was deeply touched, once again.

Prepare for an encounter with God when you open these pages. Prepare to get honest with yourself and with your Savior, in ways that will ultimately lead to beautiful freedom. As Kris writes, “The catalyst for change always begins with a willingness to be real about where we currently are.” Enter into this workbook with that expectation.

You’re about to have your soul changed in the most beautiful ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prayerful and deep, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Holey, Wholly, Holy: A Lenten Journey of Refinement, Companion Workbook (Paperback)
"My life has been forever altered as a result of embracing a new kind of honesty before God."

Those of us who desire to be open, who long for growth toward our Creator, and who recognize the simplicity and challenge of a life authentically lived, can find such a tender companion in Kris Camealy. Her prompts, questions, and prayers demonstrate the fact that she, herself, is one who has been found by grace and is intent on living it out.

This workbook digs into scriptural passages that are transforming, causing us to reflect deeply on our own desires and intentions, and guides us to allow the Holy Spirit to change us from the inside out. Kris' commentary and questions highlight the passages in searching and powerful ways. If you come to this study (alongside the book) with an open heart and spirit, it will be a wonderful addition to your spiritual journey, during Lent, or any other time of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wanna Go Deeper?, February 11, 2014
Often when I hunger for God's presence, I wish for a friend to take my hand and lead me there. Kris is that friend. Her authentic stories and passion for refinement convince me that the journey is worth whatever I have to surrender. This book will help us say 'yes' to the deeper work God wants to do in each of our hearts.

Although it's a workbook, created to help you dig deeper into the truths in the book "Holey, Wholly, Holy", this book stands on its own feet, with original content and thought provoking questions. As much an encore as a workbook. Get ready to be changed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caution, February 11, 2014
Caution: Should you complete the companion workbook for Holey, Wholly, Holy, expect to find yourself less distracted, more intentional, and continuously refined. If you want to stay tethered to easy living, steer clear from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking the path to refinement, February 4, 2014
I am sometimes leery of workbooks that go along with books, they tend to consist of fill in the blanks and copy and paste versions of the said book. This workbook is different. This takes you on a journey through your own relationship with our Savior/Creator and walks with you through the pounding and threshing of breaking down to the joyous heights of being built up closer to the image of Christ. I love that Kris takes you from God's word to prayer and back again during this process and when you look up from the dusty heap that this journey has taken you to, you are renamed the Easter people. "We are the Easter people. The people made for glory—we rejoice in His victory, Hallelujah is our song."

This is a journey, I will take again and again!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Workbook to Draw You Nearer to God, February 4, 2014
Life-changing! Kris lovingly guides readers into the darkest places of their heart and then allows God to shine His amazing Light on all that He has made new.

I would recommend this companion workbook (and the original book) to anyone who wants to live truly free in Christ, but is holding on to sin. And aren't we all?

Holey, Wholly, Holy: A Lenten Journey of Refinement, Companion Workbook
$9.99 $8.99
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.