CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Holiday Express Animated Electric Train Set
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Featuring train cars and accessories, this cheerful holiday train is master-crafted with all of the details you want
- Includes: 4-piece G-Gauge train set, engine with Santa, tender with Christmas tree, Candy Dancer Car and Santa's Toy Shop Car
- Also includes multi-function controller with sound and volume control, 120V transformer and a track power clip
- Sixteen pieces of track form an approximate track layout of 3' x 5', each car measures 11" long
- Made of durable, colorfully painted plastic
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
1) The tracks. The directions don't really tell you how hard to push the tracks together for a correct connection. I takes a fair bit for force but they do connect solidly. My track is on cut pile carpet and I have no problems. At first I thought I was going to break it.
2) I read the directions about hooking the power clip to the track and being sure not to select a piece of track that has a cut out. Well my first try I put it on a cut out. After 20 minutes I check again and moved it. Tada power. Previously it was very random. Check with a flash light if you aren't in a well lit area.
3) Electrical connections between the cars. I have read the complaints and up to an hour ago I agreed. The trick is to slide one finger up behind the connector (for support) on the back of the car being connected to and then take the plug and push it very firmly into the socket with your other hand. (I mean firmly) The connectors will seat and hold just fine. The white plastic portion of the plug should not be able to be seen. Now I have no issues and all cars are lit up just fine.
I hope this helps anyone else that decides to purchase this.
While we love the animation and the incredible detail, it's a pain to keep on the track and seems very delicate. Our son just sneezes on the thing and it derails. But, it's easy to put back on. Also, the connections from car-to-car (not the physical connectors, but the electronic current carrying one) is very difficult to line up and plug in every time a train car derails.
We have this set, plus additional track and three more cars. There are lots of expansion pieces available.
p.s. - you can go to the mfr web site at [...] to order replacement parts. We were told by several large hobby stores in Atlanta that they no longer carry these trains b/c the company doesn't back its product well. Our main connection did the same thing as the other reviewer's and we just got a soldering kit and used solder to get it back together. Also, after just one year, our sounds buttons on the controls no longer work, and we've taken it all apart, cleaned it, etc. and still not working at the touch of the buttons.
I grew up building models / RC cars/planes and O and HO gauge train sets so set out looking for a train set. At first of course I thought because of the lights,animation etc that this set would not be a good fit nor last long.
I continued to look around a bit but on the 2nd visit to Hobby Town took the time to really look at the set and talk with an employee in the train section.
Long story short watched it more closely ( built better than I first thought ) and then thought to myself you know I bet all those lights and buttons for sounds would make for even more cute video memories.
Turned out I was right as our dauthers first Christmas at 5 mos old / set it up in the middle of the living room first with her in the middle and she just smiled and laughed.
Since age 2 she always is a part of setting it up and now at age 10 still loves this part of decorating the tree as the grand finale.
Hint: Since day 1 seen how after little use the vibration could cause the tracks to come loose so we use ty-wraps at every track connection and make sure not to pull to tight but enough to keep them together. And just make sure to use the smaller ones so as not to hit the bottom of the train and cut the pigtail.
Also, cotton balls dipped in alcohol will clean the metal rails.
And to this day not a single problem as mentioned in other reviews so ??
So hope they get their set back on track and get to enjoy.
Blessings to all
It's unfortunate that New Bright Toys flat out does not provide any parts and repair infrastructure for their products. It doesn't make sense for a product like this to be neglected by a manufacturer in such a way. It's typically taken out once a year, and becomes integral to a family holiday decorating tradition. This isn't a remote control car getting bashed about non-stop. Please be aware of the kind of company you're dealing with and weigh this purchase carefully.
If you buy the Holiday Express and it malfunctions after your brief warranty period, you're totally on your own. Unless you or someone you know is an electronics genius that can fabricate toy train replacement parts, your Holiday Express will never work again when it dies. You may be fortunate enough to have it still light up for use as a static display, as is the case with ours, but it just isn't the same as having a fully functioning train.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This train was better than our expectations. Jolly, fun and really made our Christmas tree light up.Published 2 months ago by Penni
I bought this train on Dec 7 2015 as replacement for another Holiday Express that I bought 8-9 years ago ( tender would not drive the train) train was sent within the week, put it... Read morePublished 4 months ago by bill gordon
We purchased this train at least 10 years ago. Never had a problem. Display it at Christmas and everyone loves it. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Judy L. Gregg
I received the 1997 limited edition 380 set plus the 380-1 post office add-car as a christmas gift from my grandpa in 2001. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Ben phelps
I bought this train in December of 2014. It worked well out of the box, but less than a year later the sound will not work. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Jessica
I'm a 68 year old kid that loves to decorate for Christmas. I purchased this train at least 15 years ago from a Sam's in the Dallas area. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Stephan D Hatfield
I have had this set since 2001. Yes the track is flimsy - but there is a simple solution. Buy any high quality g scale track and use that instead. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Mark Crawford
I bought this train in Kansas City 18 years ago as a surprise for my wife. It has been a Holiday Tradition for all those years for us and our kids. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Rich Gillies
This train is really cute the sound effects are great. Getting the track together and keeping the train on the track is a serious pain and it ends up just sitting there half the... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amanda Rasmuson