Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on December 22, 2011
This is a battery-operated train as opposed to electric. I purchased an electric train and still can't get it to work. Ordered this train as a backup and it works great. It was extremely easy to put together. The elves pump the see-saw and faces pop up and down in the caboose car. The train plays 3 different Christmas carols and the horn and bells sound very authentic. The quality of the plastic cars is kind of cheap, but being so light may assist it in traveling around the track. The remote control is nice to have. You can turn the noises and music off with the click of a button and just watch the train go around the track if you want (nice feature). I would purchase this train again without reservation.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2012
This is a great train.

I agree with all the reviews.

I like the fact that it's NOT electric - that it's battery operated. We are grandparents,so setting this up at Christmastime for the children of all ages coming over to our house throughout the holidays is a cool thing to do.

HOWEVER, why pay Amazon $99 for this thing when the EXACT SAME TRAIN sells at your local Home Depot for $44?

Just sayin. :)
22 comments|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2012
Amazon is selling this for about one hundred dollars but you can buy the same thing from Home Depot for about fourty five dollars. It is a fun set, but it is all plastic and battery operated and not worth one hundred dollars. It is G gauge which is pretty big. If you make a circle the track will be around four feet in diameter. Kids like the remote and it looks nice. It is a bit on the noisy side. If you just want something to pull out at the holidays this is ok. You can find extra track for this if you want to expand. Overall, it is a fun train to pull out at the holidays as long as you don't pay too much.
44 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2013
Bought the train at Home Depot for $30 today. Super easy to set up. The tracks are heavier plastic, and sturdy enough on carpet to stay aligned. The train hasn't derailed once on its own. (Hint, give the tracks a few inches of clearance from the walls.) It's perfect for the tree. We ran the power cord for the tree lights under the tracks, and it worked out just fine. It's too soon to tell how fast it'll drain the batteries.
on December 19, 2012
Had to return for refund - locomotive can not even pull itself much less other cars in kit! Don't waste your time and effort. Grandkids very disappointed. Granddad very sorry to have had to put them through this. And yes, we did put new batteries in to see if that was problem. Same results.
on November 27, 2013
My 3 year old loves this train! Much bigger than expected but we still love it! We bought ours at Home Depot this fall for $40! For the price, we really have nothing to complain about.
on November 12, 2012
I bought this train for my 3 year old son. He loves it so much. Most of his fun time, he is playing this train.It is easy to use, simply put battery then they move and run. Highly recommended. Beautiful and creative.
on December 3, 2012
We received this train set and set it up under our Christmas tree. Everything works well and I appreciate that it's a little bigger, as it makes it easier to put together. Runs on batteries and has a remote which is great from the couch. Lots of track so we can make it as small or as large as we like.
on December 22, 2012
Purchased this train to go around my Christmas tree, but it isn't worth more then about $30. In my opinion it is a cheap made train set, not worth the money spent.
on January 31, 2013
The train is nice, the elves move, the music is a bit too loud as well as the the movement of the train on the tracks, the batteries run down rather quick, I would have returned it, but the return shipping was too expensive.