Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pull My Paw (Holidays From Hell Short Story Series - #4 Book 2)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 29, 2011
It's Mother's Day with the Bowen family when the mom decides she's not celebrating the day as in the past. This was another quick and entertaining read and I can't wait for the third one in this humorous series.
on July 16, 2011
"Pull My Paw" teaches you why re-gifting might not be such a good idea. Especially if your gift is Crankshaft - a hound from hell. We learn why Mom is resentful on this Mother's Day and I don't blame her a bit. Mr Bowen has a lot to answer for -- and maybe we will meet him in a future short story. You are in for a treat when you read the second installment in the Holidays From Hell Short Story Series. I, for one, am looking forward to the next story.
on February 6, 2012
This second book in the Holiday series was better than the first. At least this time I understand where some of the comments and verbal hits are coming from and the reason behind them. Glad to see that there's hope for Mom yet. Zelda's character is getting better and better.
It's the day before Mother's Day, and as is the Bowen family tradition, they are off to celebrate Mother's Day. It's been an annual tradition for years.

Zelda's older sister Norma usually gives spa gift certificates, but this year she's shown up with something different - a dog. As Norma and her husband argue with Zelda and their mom about whether the dog is a good present or not, they learn the dog has a very smelly problem. As they are reeling from that revelation, their mother makes one of her own. Can they get Mother's Day back on track?

Just like the first story, this one was equal parts funny and touching, with some family dynamic frustration thrown in for good measure. The family background is explained again, so you don't need to read the first. Of course, you'll want to read the first after reading this one, so save yourself the time and buy them both.

Anyway, since this is a short story, once again it's a fast read, but it still packs in some true laugh out loud moments along with some tender moments. The ending had me equally amused and surprised. The characters are relatable.

I'm left wanting to know what happens next to the Bowen family. I'm hoping their next horrendous holiday happens soon.

Note: I was sent this short story in exchange for my honest review.
on November 13, 2011
How can you not love Cranshaft the farting dog. This story got me laughting to tears. Best 20 minutes reading in a very long time. If you like juvenile humor like me (flatulence joke) you will laught yourself silly. Come on, I dare you. Proutt.
on July 22, 2011
What a great way to spend time waiting in the doctor's office! Then he applied something and had to wait 10 minutes so I continued reading! It is so funny - and so real! Sue Ann is great writer who takes everyday events and puts the humor in them!
on September 22, 2011
Sue Ann Jaffarian doesn't disappoint with the second short story in her Holidays from Hell series. She combines her trademark wit (not too much, not too little, but just the right amount) with heartfelt emotion as she describes the antics of a dysfunctional family. A terrific follow-up to the equally-good The Rabbit Died, the first in the series. Now, off to get the third one!
on July 22, 2011
I think that Sue Ann has another hit series with her short stories. I like Zelda a lot already and am looking for to the next instalment. These stories are funny and an entertaining short read but this one did leave me thinking about two things........1)
What happened to the attorney from the end of the first series?
How many relatives are silently ticked off because we spend the day before or after a holiday with them and not always the actual holiday day itself......
on October 27, 2013
I Loved this short story. I love the idea behind the gift. The story revolves around the interaction of mother and sisters, how we unconsciously overlook a special gift we have...and receive...
on May 10, 2013
Once again Sue Anne has done it! very enjoyable book to read with just the right touches of humor, looking forward too more in this series(have already read all three)