Top positive review
287 people found this helpful
Hollywood 48 Hour- Works great.
on June 28, 2013
I started using this product, "Juice" (as we called it) over 10 years ago. This is the first time I ever posted a review. People always ask me about it (including the clerks that sold it). I lost over 40 lbs with the Juice. I'd never looked or felt better. I couldn't believe when my mom brought me a size 4 skirt. But to my surprise it fit. I'm 5'8 and wasn't even a 4 in Jr. High. My assistant (5'4) lost a quick 25 lbs on it, and her mother (in her 60's) lost 20 lbs in 2 or 3 weeks.
Over the years, I've done this fast repeatedly to maintain and detox. The heavier you are the more you lose. When I was younger, I would average a loss around 6-9 lbs with exercise and 4-7 lbs without. I once lost 5 lb in one day at (age 29/ 138 lbs) after doing an ALL DAY house cleaning bootcamp session. I even ate a grilled chicken breast from El Pollo. Although not advised, I would stretch the fast to 3 or 4 days, but not regularly. I would lose like 12 in 3 days. (I would just use the same 32 oz bottle and stretch it 3 days--more water to juice ratio).
But years later, after a divorce, tragedy and depression, I gained weight. So I am back on the juice. I can report back my losses.
I'm glad Amazon has the Juice, because other than Walmart, all the other outlets in my area quit stocking it. Anyway, if you want to lose a few lbs QUICKLY (& temporarily), it works. If you want to keep it off and keep losing, it can be done, but it takes a little more effort. Here are some of my hits, misses, and tips, the GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY.
1) DRINK AT LEAST 10oz of the JUICE daily. I found if you eat nothing and just drink water (or other liquids) or not enough juice, I didn't lose weight. The body may shut down it's metabolism (nature's survival mechanism). But with the Juice, you are giving your body "nutrients", and the message to "release" (water weight).
2) EXERCISE helps speed up weight loss, but you will still lose without it. (I am overweight, and exercise hurts my joints. So as I lose weight, it will make exercise easier). You may need the exercise down the line to get over the plateaus.
3)BREAKING THE FAST- Once you complete the fast, you want to stabilize your weight. Don't gorge or binge eat the following day(s) or you WILL gain it ALL back. It may be necessary to cut back from your regular diet.. and or eat very lightly & or sensibly the following day(s). Avoid ALCOHOL, bad starchy carbs & ALL the baddies. You are primarily losing water, and when you begin to eat, you should expect some weight to come back. If you break the fast with sensible eating, you can maintain all or most of that loss.
A) NOTE: The fast taught me to lead a more disciplined lifestyle (it eradicated many cravings for bad carbs, sugar, pizza, ice cream).
4) If doing CONSECUTIVE FASTS, wait at least 5 days between fasts. (If I started the next fast too early, I wouldn't loose weight at all or as effectively).
5) To AVOID TEMPTATION, have the juice ready and chilled for the day.
6) To get more bang for the buck, DON'T CHEAT! It may take a couple attempts before you are able to go TW0 WHOLE days on juice alone.(It took me at least 3--but every time I got stronger and cheated less).
A)THROW AWAY ALL THE BADDIES before you start to avoid temptation.
B)RECRUIT ALLIES, or at least diffuse the distractions- Advise your people IN ADVANCE, not to tempt you. (No happy hour invite, dinner invites..etc).--If you live with family or kids, prepare their meals in advance, make it something they can grab easily themselves.. or something that doesn't take much assistance from you. To me having others eat (out) or cold stuff was better. The last thing you want are fragrances of tasty meals wafting through the house.
C) But hate to say it, if you have haters in the bunch, you may not even want to tell them, because the day you're fasting will be the day they bring your favorite double dutch chocolate cake to work and offer you the BIGGEST piece!
7) If you cheat, you have to FIND THE CHEATS THAT HURT LEAST.. (Bad) Carbs of course hurt me the worse, and may derail you altogether. Safer cheats were for me are proteins like lean meats (broiled or grilled NO butter or sauces), 1 or 2 boiled eggs (whites are best).. but ONCE in awhile, I even got away with a LIL complex carb like an apple or carrots.. but simple carbs should be avoided at all costs. Avoid, any drop of sugar, even ketchup, creams, mustards, sauces, soda, juice etc... I have nibbled on dressing free salad and still had recorded weight loss. --but EVERYONE is different. And I have NOT been able to cut out coffee, tea or caffix (coffee sub) altogether. I just limit cream and use Stevia, never sugar.--
8) If you cheat, don't cheat late- or after dark.
9) PICK THE TWO BEST DAYS TO FAST that won't offer temptations. Also, it was easier for me to do the fast like Tues or Wed,(Mondays suck already). Trying to do it on fun days, weekends, holidays, was hard, if not impossible. So I'd pick not the worse days, or my play days, but the "middle days"..
A) Also TRY NOT TO BREAK THE FASTS ON HIGH TEMPTATION DAYS--Breaking the fast is as important as the fast--especially the immediate days following, if you want to sustain the weigh loss.
10) PREPARE JUICE IN ADVANCE so it's ready (and CHILLED),so you won't be compelled to grab something else if hunger hits. The drink does help to suppress hunger.
11) BUY IT IN ADVANCE. I had many days running around to try to find it, and couldn't. This would often push my fast closer to the weekend (my highest temptation days) which is BAD. I had little if no success on weekends.
12) DRINK A LOT OF WATER! Crucial.