Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on June 28, 2013
I started using this product, "Juice" (as we called it) over 10 years ago. This is the first time I ever posted a review. People always ask me about it (including the clerks that sold it). I lost over 40 lbs with the Juice. I'd never looked or felt better. I couldn't believe when my mom brought me a size 4 skirt. But to my surprise it fit. I'm 5'8 and wasn't even a 4 in Jr. High. My assistant (5'4) lost a quick 25 lbs on it, and her mother (in her 60's) lost 20 lbs in 2 or 3 weeks.

Over the years, I've done this fast repeatedly to maintain and detox. The heavier you are the more you lose. When I was younger, I would average a loss around 6-9 lbs with exercise and 4-7 lbs without. I once lost 5 lb in one day at (age 29/ 138 lbs) after doing an ALL DAY house cleaning bootcamp session. I even ate a grilled chicken breast from El Pollo. Although not advised, I would stretch the fast to 3 or 4 days, but not regularly. I would lose like 12 in 3 days. (I would just use the same 32 oz bottle and stretch it 3 days--more water to juice ratio).

But years later, after a divorce, tragedy and depression, I gained weight. So I am back on the juice. I can report back my losses.

I'm glad Amazon has the Juice, because other than Walmart, all the other outlets in my area quit stocking it. Anyway, if you want to lose a few lbs QUICKLY (& temporarily), it works. If you want to keep it off and keep losing, it can be done, but it takes a little more effort. Here are some of my hits, misses, and tips, the GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY.

1) DRINK AT LEAST 10oz of the JUICE daily. I found if you eat nothing and just drink water (or other liquids) or not enough juice, I didn't lose weight. The body may shut down it's metabolism (nature's survival mechanism). But with the Juice, you are giving your body "nutrients", and the message to "release" (water weight).

2) EXERCISE helps speed up weight loss, but you will still lose without it. (I am overweight, and exercise hurts my joints. So as I lose weight, it will make exercise easier). You may need the exercise down the line to get over the plateaus.

3)BREAKING THE FAST- Once you complete the fast, you want to stabilize your weight. Don't gorge or binge eat the following day(s) or you WILL gain it ALL back. It may be necessary to cut back from your regular diet.. and or eat very lightly & or sensibly the following day(s). Avoid ALCOHOL, bad starchy carbs & ALL the baddies. You are primarily losing water, and when you begin to eat, you should expect some weight to come back. If you break the fast with sensible eating, you can maintain all or most of that loss.

A) NOTE: The fast taught me to lead a more disciplined lifestyle (it eradicated many cravings for bad carbs, sugar, pizza, ice cream).

4) If doing CONSECUTIVE FASTS, wait at least 5 days between fasts. (If I started the next fast too early, I wouldn't loose weight at all or as effectively).

5) To AVOID TEMPTATION, have the juice ready and chilled for the day.

6) To get more bang for the buck, DON'T CHEAT! It may take a couple attempts before you are able to go TW0 WHOLE days on juice alone.(It took me at least 3--but every time I got stronger and cheated less).

A)THROW AWAY ALL THE BADDIES before you start to avoid temptation.

B)RECRUIT ALLIES, or at least diffuse the distractions- Advise your people IN ADVANCE, not to tempt you. (No happy hour invite, dinner invites..etc).--If you live with family or kids, prepare their meals in advance, make it something they can grab easily themselves.. or something that doesn't take much assistance from you. To me having others eat (out) or cold stuff was better. The last thing you want are fragrances of tasty meals wafting through the house.

C) But hate to say it, if you have haters in the bunch, you may not even want to tell them, because the day you're fasting will be the day they bring your favorite double dutch chocolate cake to work and offer you the BIGGEST piece!

7) If you cheat, you have to FIND THE CHEATS THAT HURT LEAST.. (Bad) Carbs of course hurt me the worse, and may derail you altogether. Safer cheats were for me are proteins like lean meats (broiled or grilled NO butter or sauces), 1 or 2 boiled eggs (whites are best).. but ONCE in awhile, I even got away with a LIL complex carb like an apple or carrots.. but simple carbs should be avoided at all costs. Avoid, any drop of sugar, even ketchup, creams, mustards, sauces, soda, juice etc... I have nibbled on dressing free salad and still had recorded weight loss. --but EVERYONE is different. And I have NOT been able to cut out coffee, tea or caffix (coffee sub) altogether. I just limit cream and use Stevia, never sugar.--

8) If you cheat, don't cheat late- or after dark.

9) PICK THE TWO BEST DAYS TO FAST that won't offer temptations. Also, it was easier for me to do the fast like Tues or Wed,(Mondays suck already). Trying to do it on fun days, weekends, holidays, was hard, if not impossible. So I'd pick not the worse days, or my play days, but the "middle days"..

A) Also TRY NOT TO BREAK THE FASTS ON HIGH TEMPTATION DAYS--Breaking the fast is as important as the fast--especially the immediate days following, if you want to sustain the weigh loss.

10) PREPARE JUICE IN ADVANCE so it's ready (and CHILLED),so you won't be compelled to grab something else if hunger hits. The drink does help to suppress hunger.

11) BUY IT IN ADVANCE. I had many days running around to try to find it, and couldn't. This would often push my fast closer to the weekend (my highest temptation days) which is BAD. I had little if no success on weekends.

12) DRINK A LOT OF WATER! Crucial.

Good luck.
1111 comments|287 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2011
I was attracted at first to the promise of losing 10 lbs in two days, but I also know that it is not possible to lose that much fat in that short of a time period. The juice tasted good and surprisingly I did not feel hungry on the first day! I also drank plenty of water with it. I just craved my favorite foods!! By the end of the first day I had lost 6 lbs, and I felt great! I was proud for sticking to the diet. But I also know that the weight I lost was water weight, not fat. Nevertheless, my clothes fit better because I retain fluid easily and my belly always feels bloated. This product eliminated that. I use this now if I will be going out or want to look and feel a little slimmer. BEWARE: I would not recommend doing this more than one day, because it is only 400 calories. The next morning I felt dizzy and sick to my stomach because my body needed calories to function. If you buy this, just remember that you are not losing several lbs of fat, but mostly water! For me it was great motivation to continue my Weight Watchers diet because I saw a lower number on the scale! The mind is a funny thing. :) I hope someone finds this helpful!
99 comments|285 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2014
The people who said "It's syrupy,etc" Jus didn't follow directions to dilute it. This product works. Good for special occasions, I used it to slim down for my Halloween costume and my stomach looked soooooo flat! Mostly just water weight but it definitely works in a pinch! It took off what I couldn't exercise off :)
on November 17, 2014
This juice really does work, I have used it many times. I don't always loose a full 10 lbs but I usually loose 4-6 lbs. I loose at least 4 lbs but average 6 lbs. I don't gain it back as long as I don't pig out afterwards. There a some things you have to do in order for it to work. The most important things are not to eat and drink tons of water, drink at minimum 8 cups of water but definitely try to drink more. This will not work if you don't drink enough water. Try to get in some light exercise on both days, such as a brisk 30 min walk and maybe some light weights. Try to stay away from situations where food is involved, such as going out w/ friends to a restaurant, etc., the temptation will be too great while doing this diet. Don't drink anything other than this juice and water. It's tough but if you can make it thru the 2 days with out eating or drinking anything (besides the juice and water) you will loose. It works. Oh and this diet juice kind of tastes similar to orange juice, it's not the best tasting but not horrible by any means, you must mix the juice with water.
on February 13, 2011
Wow... What a great product, this product does work, I lost 9 lbs. utilizing it, it does take some discipline, but after the first day, you will be okay. When you smell food, you will get hungry, but just take a swig of juice, and you will be okay, great product, I am going to use it again.
33 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2014
well the taste is good enough, like juice and won't make you sick of it. I followed the direction strickly, mix 4OZ Hollywood and 4 OZ water and zip for about 2-3 hours and repeat 3 more times for the 1st day, by the end of day, I dropped 2lb. Not too much because I am only 125lb originally and my purpose is for dotex not losing weight. The good thing is during the 1st day, I didn't feel starving, the juice won't fill you but somehow you are not feel hungry at all. Of cause in between I drink a lot of water, therefore I went to restroom more than usual. But I think this is how it cleans your whole body. 2nd day is more easier, my body get used to it and actually feels more lighter (especially your stomach). After 48 hours, I total lost 5lb which met my expectation. Now 2 weeks past, I eat regularly but my weight doesn't go back. I think this product is good for dotex, if you expect lose a lot weight, you may repeat doing this every few months.
on November 25, 2014
I love the taste of this juice. It's not chalky or gross. I enjoy the feeling of being full. But, I didn't really lose that much weight. Yes, I drank it and didn't it. I worked out. But it just didn't for some reason, lost the 10 pounds. I will try again though. I love this stuff. It's great in a pinch.
on July 3, 2014
I don't usually leave product reviews. But I always read them, and find them helpful. So i wanted to share my experience. This is worth the 11 bucks a bottle. To start height and weight are important to understanding weight loss. I'm 5'2" and my start weight was 121.8. my goal weight is 110 lbs.

So here's the scoop. I was skeptical. My husband and I are doing a weight loss Challenge that ends with a cash prize. Our friends and I decided that it would be good motivation for us to eat healthier and lose some weight. We are at the end of the challenge and I had lost a whopping 2 lbs. Despite eating healthy and running 3 times a week. I decided to try this out.

Day one wasn't bad I lost 2 lbs.. The drink itself tastes really good. I like to drink it iced.Day two I woke up with a headache that went away with water and advil. Although I was hungry the day was fine. After drinking a serving it helps with hunger cravings. No dizziness or headaches or fatigue. Maybe some irritability that comes from not eating:) Woke up on the morning of day 3...end of cleanse. and had lost another 3.5 lbs! total of 5.5 lbs! I started at 121.8 and am now 116.4. Now I can't wait for weigh in on friday! I would recommend this product and plan on using it in the future! my goal weight is 110. I plan on continuing a strict, clean diet and exercising. so those magical 5 lbs. dont come back. and doing the cleanse once every two weeks maybe...

Some advice. Stick to it! It's worth it! It's only two days. Don't get discouraged. Keep Yourself busy! so you don't think about eating. Plan projects or chores for afterwork or stuff that you have been meaning to do but haven't had the time. Not cooking and eating dinner open up a big window of time in the evening. Housecleaning burns calories:) Also stay out of your kitchen...unless your cleaning. Any food you have on the counter put in a cupboard. And GOOD LUCK!!
on November 18, 2010
It works! I lost 12 pounds in two days All you have to do is not eat at all for two days except that drink
on June 5, 2013
I decided to try this as a detox prior to changing my diet into a healthier one. I started yesterday morning after weighing myself in @ 127 lbs. I had a very good experience; no headaches, cravings or hunger pains, and I felt great. I even had enough energy to workout last night and normally on a regular day of eating poorly, I have no energy or desire to exercise. This morning I hopped on the scale and weighed in @ 122 lbs. WHAT?! I couldn't believe I lost 5 lbs in 24hrs! So, I am totally pumped and now on my second day and still doing great! I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and see the results. I will check in as soon as I step on the scale :). My body feels healthier and I am ready to get my fitness on.

So, my final weight after 48 hrs is... 119.5 lbs. That's 7.5 lbs lost. I am very pleased with these results. I will check in next week to let you know if the weight stayed off with a healthy diet and exercise.