5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff
I'm an avid salsa dancer at a local club and was looking for some way to keep up a cute red strapless dress so I wouldn't have to worry about it falling while I was dancing. There isn't much time to really..."correct" your dress while dancing without looking awkward, so I needed something that would really do the job.

I looked around at various ways to keep...
Published on November 19, 2011 by Jennifer Turner

3.0 out of 5 stars Hollywood tape.
I used this twice only. Since I live in Fl , I sweat most of the time, so when the tape gets wet the adhesive won't work anymore.
Published 19 months ago by JP

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff, November 19, 2011
This review is from: Hollywood Fashion Secrets Double Stick Fashion Tape Strips (36 Strips), 2 Pack (Health and Beauty)

I looked around at various ways to keep something in check, from pinning the dress to a bra (which wouldn't really help in my case), to other random fixes. When I found these, there seemed to be nothing but praise for them, so I decided to give it a shot. And I am incredibly happy I did.

The tape itself came right on time, and I decided to take it for a test drive the next time I went dancing. I put the tape on the inside of my bra around the strap itself and in the cup to make sure that stayed in place, and then put multiple tape pieces between the bra and dress and a few directly on my skin. Let me just describe this outfit for you. A push-up strapless bra (that usually falls regardless) with a tight red knit strapless dress with just a line of rubber along the top to keep it up.

Coupled with this tape, however, 5 and a half hours of salsa dancing later, this dress was still up. Granted, I tugged at it a little a few times out of my own paranoia, but this definitely changed my night from being uncomfortable and awkward, to making me feel a lot more confident and being able to let loose.

Taking the tape off was hardly painful skin-wise. Sort of like taking off a bandaid, but not even that bad. I think it probably had to do with the fact that I was sweating with it and had worn it for so long.

So, if you couldn't tell, I'm incredibly pleased with this product, and I'll definitely be ordering it again. It's worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expect a learning curve to using this product, January 9, 2013
rnbwgrl (Chicago, Il) - See all my reviews
This tape works better for some fabric types over others. So, be careful experimenting, as you may find yourself showing not only gaps in a shirt but also some strange looking tape! Thin smooth cotton shirts are fine. However, anything softly woven doesn't hold together long, as the tape eventually takes off some fuzz and pulls away. It also doesn't work with heavier-weight polyester.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hollywood tape., May 9, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Always have it on hand!, January 22, 2011
Kat Swirlz (Dearborn, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Love this! Great for keeping clothing attached to skin, or clothing to clothing. Can hold a stubborn collar down how you want it or keep a capped sleeve from falling off your shoulder. Many, many uses.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes it works, April 29, 2014
So, I bought these because I wanted to wear a strapless tube top to a concert and was afraid of it falling nonstop. Well before the concert I was trying on my outfit and used these and they didn't seem to work that well. Well, the day of the concert I showered two hours before I left and then used these and they worked 1000x better. These worked through a sweaty, 5 hour rave, so I think that they'll work through anything if you don't have any lotion or oils on your skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my clothes closed, September 15, 2014
This worked better than other clothing tape I have tried and I really like it. Just like with other tape, however, once you apply it to your clothing, you can't really readjust it. It's only sticky once so you have to make sure you put it where you want it. Not a big deal, especially since a single tin is packed with more than I'll probably use in several years.

3.0 out of 5 stars does not last long, April 20, 2014
I had very high hope for this product, seeing all the raving reviews, but my experience with it was substandard.

I don't think my body skin is oily or dry. I'm not hairy and I don't really sweat, but somehow after putting on the tape, it doesn't hold more than a couple hours. I live in California and tried this around early January and February of this year where the weather was nice and cool.

I also had one incident where once I tried to remove it to adjust it, it stopped being sticky and I had to use another tape! So this is very temporary and one time use. It was only really sticky when first peeled off from the paper so I don't understand why it had such a short adhesive power. For the price of it, it's not very cheap, I mean it's really just double sided tape after all, but I thought it might be more long lasting.

I do like that it came in a cute packaging, but it doesn't quite meet up to my expectation. As some people said, the tape works better with some materials than others. At least I didn't get any allergic reactions or rash up since I have sensitive skin.

I would be looking for a replacement once I use this up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hollywood Tape great for gaps on blouses, January 30, 2010
I use Hollywood tape quite often especially to keep a blouse from gapping open. It is very strong and you don't have to worry about it coming loose during the day. It also works great to keep straps in place, hems on skits in place when you don't have time to sew, jacket lapels in place, etc. It does not leave any residue on your clothes and doesn't hurt if you forget to remove it before you wash your clothes, it just comes off in the wash, no harm done. It has many uses and works really good. You won't be disappointed. I love it and have recommended it to many of my friends and even give them a strip to try before they buy to prove how good it is. The product speaks for itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta have it!, May 1, 2014
This is my second time buying these. They were exactly half the price on here as they were at Jo-Ann Fabrics. I use these all the time. I use then for sticking low cut, cowl V slinky tank tops to my cleavage and I also use them for giving my slacks a temporary hem. Heels are so high now (5 in.) that it's the only way you can wear the same pair of pants with both heels and flats and have then look tailored.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic product, September 15, 2014
This tape is great for keeping blouses from gapping open between the buttons. It sticks really well, is invisible, but comes off of clothes easily when you're finished wearing them, and leaves no adhesive residue.