These are uh-mazing. I run it through the middle belt loop in the back and then clip the ends to the two side belt loops. That attachment hasn't created any bunching for me. It holds my pants up and creates a smooth look for tops both in back and in the front of jeans.
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Check your pants, first!
Ladies -- before you buy this, please, do yourself a favor and LOOK AT YOUR PANTS! The ones you're wearing, the ones in your closet, the ones you're thinking would fit so much better if you could tighten up the excess material pooching out in the back.

Do you see two loops, evenly spaced, one roughly above each back pocket?

Or, do you see one loop in...
Published on April 3, 2012 by C. Sullivan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Check your pants, first!, April 3, 2012
C. Sullivan (Alexandria, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hollywood Hip Huggers (Misc.)

Do you see two loops, evenly spaced, one roughly above each back pocket?

Or, do you see one loop in the center of your waistband, and then a loop farther back, over each hip?

Easily 90% of my jeans/pants have the one loop in the center which DOES NOT WORK with this item. You can try stretching the band to the belt loops over your hips, but it will bunch up unattractively and feel way uncomfortable. IF you can even do it... At a size 8, I seriously challenged the elastic when I tried this.

Anyway, check your pants for the correct belt loop placement, or else you will NOT be able to use the Hollywood Hip Hugger.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost bought one, but found something simliar for way cheaper (that works fine)., September 7, 2012
This review is from: Hollywood Hip Huggers (Misc.)
Despite reviews that warn that these are not great for most pants with belt loops at the back center, I *almost* bought a package of Hollywood Hip Hugger at Jo-Ann's for $7.80 ($12.99 - 40% coupon).

While at Jo-Ann's, I happened to see something nearly identical in a completely different section of the store. Dritz ironing board clips (here - Dritz Ironing Board Cover Fasteners, 4 Each). They look almost the same as Hollywood Hip Hugger, but there are 4 ironing board fasteners to a package, in 2 different lengths. There are 3 long ones (about 8 inches unstretched, including elastic and clips) and 1 short one (about 6.5 inches). They are $3.99 at Jo-Ann's, on sale for $1.99 - making each fastener 50 cents. At that price, I was OK if they didn't fit...I could always use them on my ironing board.

I'm happy to report that the ironing board fasteners fit just fine. The long one is perfect going from one hip to the other, going through the back center loop.

Unlike Hollywood Hip Hugger, these ironing board fasteners are not adjustable, but since there are two sizes, you can experiment. I'm a size 6 (about 28 inch waist). If that size is too big/small for you, you can use 2 clips, one from left hip to center, then another one from center to right hip. If they don't work out for you, you can always use them on your ironing board for its original purpose. The long one stretches from about 8 inches to 13. The short one from 6.5 to 9.

My one complaint is that they are white - I'd have preferred them in black. I might dye them in a denim-y color since I'll be wearing most of these with jeans.

If Jo-Ann's is not having a sale, you can use one of their 40% weekly coupons and pick up this 4-pack for $2.39.

I'll probably pick up a few more packages so I don't have to keep switching them from one pair to another.

(While browsing around Amazon, I also found another similar product...jodphur clips, or pant clips (Elastic Pant Clip). Do an Amazon search and you will find a few brands. I don't see the length mentioned in the product description, but they come 2 to a package and they are black. I may order these if I don't end up dying my white ironing board clips. I'll update this post if I do!)

===============================
UPDATE (10/4/12)
===============================
Out of curiosity, and because I didn't feel like dying the white ironing board clips, I ended up buying a pair of these jodphur clips (http://www.amazon.com/Intrepid-International-JOD-CLIPS-PAIR/dp/B0011UACC4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1349382856&sr=8-2&keywords=jodphur+clips).

They ended up being almost the same size as the long ironing board clip. The jodphur clips go from about 8.25" (unstretched) to 13" (stretched). I've also found another kind of clip lying around the house...kids' mitten clips, like these: Mitten Clips - With Metal Snowman Clip Design (Black) - Great for back to School. The pair I have goes from 4.5" to about 7" stretched. I now have a collection of different size clips to adjust my pant waist size.

As I have being using them, I have run into an issue with all of these clips (Hollywood Hip Hugger, jodphur clips, mitten clips, etc.) I have a few low-rise/low-rider jeans and when I bend or squat, unless I am wearing a very long shirt, the clips often become visible. Very unsightly! So now I'm wearing them only with long shirts, as I am very active all day chasing little ones around and I'm squatting often to pick up a baby. It occurs to me that if I learn how to sew, I can just sew elastic into the waist of my pants on the inside, so they will not be visible from the outside. I also would no longer have to deal with any bulk from the clips. However, until I actually learn how to sew, I will use my collection of clips. If I ever get around to sewing elastic into my pants, I will update this post again.

3.0 out of 5 stars good idea, helps at times, January 31, 2011
This review is from: Hollywood Hip Huggers (Misc.)
I think the hollywood hip hugger is a great idea and at times it works well but other times it bundles at the top of my jeans and becomes annoying.

5.0 out of 5 stars eliminate the need to pull your pants up every time you stand up, January 6, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars works fine, May 27, 2010
This review is from: Hollywood Hip Huggers (Misc.)
This works well, for slacks that have belt keepers in the right place. Unfortunately many of mine do not.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but the belt is better, August 1, 2012
A.S. (Central PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hollywood Hip Huggers (Misc.)
I bought this along with the invisable belt. These were OK not great, but the invisibelt I love. Recommend that if you have belt loops rather than these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect, but the best solution I've found so far, April 14, 2012
Having stumbled on to this product at Joann's and purchased a blue Hip Hugger, I wanted a lighter colored one for summer, so I got the khaki one. It is a pretty good solution to eliminating the bulk of a belt buckle on low-rise pants. Not perfect, because no matter how you adjust it, it will bunch up a little where it's attached in the back -- but still better than belts. I've read reviews of so-called invisible belts and didn't like what I read. So this is the answer for me until or unless low-risers go away or a better product comes along.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little kids boy or girls who cant wear a belt because they will have accidents before they get it undone., December 16, 2012
This review is from: Hollywood Hip Huggers (Misc.)
My daughter 7 has thick thighs so kids clothes she is restricted and cant sit on the floor in class story time or feel comfortable in jeans. She only wore black stretch pants and long shirts to cover her butt. In the end of the school year last year I tried on some juniors jean shorts on her and found out she wears a size juniors 3 Bermuda shorts on her and they fit her but over time in the day they slid off her butt. I tried capri's and they fit her perfect as pants BUT again both fall right off her butt. I can't send her to school wearing a belt because she will likely have trouble getting the belt off in time and have an accident. I got one of these for me a few years ago and decided to put it on her one day and her pants stayed up and I don't have to worry about her getting a belt buckle open in time to go to the bathroom she just undoes her jeans. My daughter can feel "normal" wearing jeans like all of her classmates which is important to her self esteem and self worth both important to all kids regardless of their size. These are perfect for kids boys and girls!!!! She's been wearing one for over a year and it only just now broke so I'm ordering 6 today. Love these and swear by these.

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited use, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Hollywood Hip Huggers (Misc.)
This doesnt work on all pants. It seems as though on some of my thicker jeans but also my thinner cotton pants, the clips do not hold. When it does work, it works well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great but recommended for short term not all day., July 9, 2013
This review is from: Hollywood Hip Huggers (Misc.)
I purchased these for my lower cut jeans and found they are somewhat uncomfortable when sitting in a chair or riding in a car. They work great as far as holding up my pants and hiding that embarrassing gap at the top of my pants but I have to remove and replace them while in rout to my destination. I would recommend this product for those that do not like the feel of a belt (like myself), they work great but not an all day wear product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›