Top critical review
49 people found this helpful
Ugh, No. Please do not buy this, I am begging you.
on May 23, 2013
I bought this thinking that it would help eliminate some of the guesswork with a regular nail stamping system. I was so, so, so wrong.
1) This only works with the plates included. They are octagonal, and the company does NOT sell any additional designs. This is a real shame because there are so many great design plates out there that even if I could get this machine to work (see following), I still wouldn't keep it because I can't use standard round plates.
2) The mechanism that "locks" this onto the table is fiddly at best, and useless at worst.
3) The plates don't fit well inside the tray and cause the device to jam.
4) The scraper is very difficult to remove, and I imagine this would be worse with wet nails. Waiting until your nails are dry just means you have a more difficult mess to clean (as an aside, if you have someone helping you this probably is not an issue, but my husband really didn't sign on to be my nail art apprentice, and I cannot blame him). I say "I imagine," because as my following points will illustrate, at no point did I have any polish on my nails during this whole operation.
5) You absolutely cannot see if you are aligned properly without removing the "stamper." Removing the stamper just lets you peer down to see the same thing you are looking at before you "loaded" the stamper with polish.
6) The rubber portion of the stamper falls out of the handle. This causes the machine to jam. It WOULD get nail polish everywhere, if the stamper picked ANY polish off the plate at all. Seriously. I took the stamper out to see where the polish was (in case I aligned wrong) and SURPRISE there was none. It was smeared all over the plate and the blade.
Another reviewer says that the only redeeming quality was the brush/dotter and the gems, but you can get a whole SET of dotters and brushes and probably a Trump-esque quantity of gems for 20.00 so why would you put yourself through this nonsense just for that (you wouldn't, please tell me you would not or I will lose all hope for humanity).