Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on May 23, 2013
I bought this thinking that it would help eliminate some of the guesswork with a regular nail stamping system. I was so, so, so wrong.

1) This only works with the plates included. They are octagonal, and the company does NOT sell any additional designs. This is a real shame because there are so many great design plates out there that even if I could get this machine to work (see following), I still wouldn't keep it because I can't use standard round plates.
2) The mechanism that "locks" this onto the table is fiddly at best, and useless at worst.
3) The plates don't fit well inside the tray and cause the device to jam.
4) The scraper is very difficult to remove, and I imagine this would be worse with wet nails. Waiting until your nails are dry just means you have a more difficult mess to clean (as an aside, if you have someone helping you this probably is not an issue, but my husband really didn't sign on to be my nail art apprentice, and I cannot blame him). I say "I imagine," because as my following points will illustrate, at no point did I have any polish on my nails during this whole operation.
5) You absolutely cannot see if you are aligned properly without removing the "stamper." Removing the stamper just lets you peer down to see the same thing you are looking at before you "loaded" the stamper with polish.
6) The rubber portion of the stamper falls out of the handle. This causes the machine to jam. It WOULD get nail polish everywhere, if the stamper picked ANY polish off the plate at all. Seriously. I took the stamper out to see where the polish was (in case I aligned wrong) and SURPRISE there was none. It was smeared all over the plate and the blade.

Another reviewer says that the only redeeming quality was the brush/dotter and the gems, but you can get a whole SET of dotters and brushes and probably a Trump-esque quantity of gems for 20.00 so why would you put yourself through this nonsense just for that (you wouldn't, please tell me you would not or I will lose all hope for humanity).
on June 10, 2013
I bought this at the store and i was so mad and upset i tried returning it because i couldn't get not even a drop of nail polish of the design even on the little sponge. I tried returning it but they said it had been used so i couldn't, i was so mad, the girl there told me she had one that i just had to do it fast and get the hang of it.
Well i decide to give it another try and it worked pretty good i got so happy i had to come levee a review lol but yes u just have to do it fast for the nail polish not to dry on the plate, and richer better quality nail polish works better.
on August 24, 2013
When I first tried this, the stamper would not pick up the image at all. I sanded the rubber stamper down a bit with a nail file, as is recommended in the instructions, and washed it a few times with nail polish remover and now it works perfectly every time. You just have to make sure you clean off the plate after every nail.
It is a little tricky yet to get the position just right but I don't have to use any special polish, I use stuff that I got from the dollar store and it works fine (some reviews have said you can only use special stamping polish).
Considering I bought this at Dollar General for my daughters nails, I would say it was worth the $20 I spent on it.
on December 17, 2013
I've been stamping my nails for a few years. I have to say, it took me a LOT of practice at first just to get a complete image on a single nail! I was SO, SO frustrated for a couple of weeks. I could only do so much each day before getting frustrated and nearly disgusted. I made a pretty sizable mess with all my mistakes! BUT, it REALLY can be done with some patience, and a bit of practice!!!

The biggest tip I can give anyone is once you apply the polish to the plate, you only have seconds to get that stamp on your nail. If you think about it, you're applying a much thinner layer of polish to the plate than you would if you were applying polish so it dries quick, fast, and in a hurry. Also, I purchased a. Nail polish remover container that has a big push button on top that dispensed the remover which makes cleanup just a bit easier!

I took a star off because of the exclusive plates as someone else mentioned. I already have a big set of circular plates but, being able to position my fingers is a pretty big deal.
on April 20, 2014
This product has been a hit with my 9 yr old dd. She has been familiarizing herself with it and by the second time she had the hang of it. I warned her it may take some practice due to the reviews already posted. She has been experimenting. Since her nails are small not all the templates fit, but she has been choosing the ones that will be a good size. She has found using the sponge independently has been most successful since her nails are small to fit on the guide. The unit doesn't adhere to table top like one would expect it to and the latch to set the nail in the correct position on the guide doesn't work very well so I could not give it 5 stars. But it has been a lot of fun for my girl and she is ready to do my nails too. As she said, "I wish I had 100 nails." Overall, a hit with her. The price seemed fair-but wouldn't pay the MSRP.
on December 25, 2013
I just got it today from my very excited husband and at first it wouldn't work at all. We thought it was defective! Then I read some reviews and realized that I needed to gently file the stamp down for it to work and it worked. Getting it aligned properly can take a few tries but once you get the hang of it, it works pretty well. The scraper gets stuck on some of the plates causing it to jam a little and the rubber stamp does fall out sometimes and also jams it up.

If you're looking for a professional quality nail stamper, this is probably not for you. But if you're just looking to have some fun or if it's for early teen or tween girls, go for it! They'll have a blast with it as long as you file the rubber down a bit and be sure to clean the scraper or it gets a little gunked up.

Hope that helps!
on July 28, 2013
hate this product, it doesnt work that well, cheap item to be short. you might as well get your nails done at the salon for this price
on January 5, 2014
I needed a new stamper and I was hoping this would make stamping my nails quicker and easier too. The scraper in mine is jagged instead of smooth, the stamper falls out and doesn't capture the polish. I've tried all suggestions and it's still a piece of junk. I even tried taking the machine apart and stamping my fingers the way you're supposed to use it on your toes (using a different scraper of course) and the polish just won't adhere even after filing it a little bit and giving it a good cleaning. This isn't my first time stamping so I know how fast you need to move before the polish dries and won't transfer to a stamper or nail so I know it's not operator error. The only good thing about this purchase is the rhinestones and art tool which can be purchased individually for a fraction of the price.
on June 3, 2013
This thing is horrible. It's only redeeming qualities are the gem and pointed brush.

The rubber stamper falls out.

The stamper doesn't pick up the design. AT ALL.

The machine is rickety and doesn't lock.

The scraper does nothing but smear the polish all over the plates.

I have NO idea why they are even allowed to sell this fraud of a product.

That's twenty bucks i'll never get back and one VERY unsatisfied customer.

FOR SHAME HOLLYWOOD NAILS! How about you stop ripping off your customers and make a product that actually works. Then do the right thing and replace all of the faulty pieces of crap we've wasted our money on!
on March 24, 2015
For under $10 this was worth the gamble for me. The gems in the wheel are decent and the wheel is surprisingly large.
My daughter, who is 13, was my helper for this and two people are able to do it well. It added a lot of speed and stability to the process.
I have other octagonal plates from other nail projects that fit this. Always remember to peal the plastic protective coating off of the plates before you use them.
Here is how I do it;
I dropped the paint, swiped the stamper part back and quickly swiped it forward and stamped. I would repeat this process for one hand. I clean the plate in between the first and second hand. Then I repeat for the second hand. We moved the nail guide up toward the center for my daughter's longer nails, and back for my shorter nails.