5.0 out of 5 stars Best trunk mount bike rack you'll find
Published on August 4, 2009 by SKondris

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't hold 3 bikes
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I couldn't get 3 bikes on the rack. Tried all different positions. Trying to get one adult bike & 2 kids bikes on. Kind of disappointed because that's what I bought it for. I will say that it is very easy to install on the car
Published 22 months ago by Regina L. Cartselos

5.0 out of 5 stars Best trunk mount bike rack you'll find, August 4, 2009
SKondris (Riverton, UT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hollywood Racks F1B The Original 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack (Sports)
They all should be made like this. I've had two of these bike racks (ended up giving the first one to a friend, then later bought another one). They ARE virtually indestructible compared to other bike racks. This one has NO plastic parts other than the nice black sleeves to protect your bike and car from getting scratched. It's based on an extremely simple and therefore extremely strong design. I've had my latest one for over 10 years, and not a single thing has gone wrong, nor worn out, nor cracked, nor twisted, or anything.

I've been a serious biker for over 12 years and this rack has been through everything: mud, rain, snow, crazy driving w/ fast turns, and I've never had a problem.

No, it won't fit perfectly on literally every car out there, but I haven't found one yet that it won't work on. I've used it on a honda civic (hatchback), an accord, a honda odyssey minivan, a camry, a dodge dynasty, and lots of others and it's worked great on them all.

I can't say enough great things about them. They can be hard to find nowadays, it seems, but are well worth the money, especially since they're one of the cheaper racks you can get, but work way better than the expensive trunk mounts you'll find.

I used to work at a bike shop, so I've had roof mounts and tried out LOTS of different trunk mount racks. This one is by far the best you'll find as far as trunk mount racks go.

I can't say enough good things about this rack.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, August 9, 2007
I got this because my 13-years-old son bikes a lot and sometimes I have to pick him and his bike up from wherever or whenever he gets stuck.(bad weather, after dark from his friend's house,etc) I used to simply loaded his bike in cargo area of my minivan. But after switching to Corolla, I needed a different way to transport the bike. So I did some research and came across with this rack. After reading positive reviews I've decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did.
Very first time I used it I had to ask my mechanically competent daughter to help me out since I'm a total klutz. But after that I just attach/detach it to and from my car without any problem.( Bottom latches are bit trickier for me but it's not that a big deal-- remember, I'm a total klutz--probably other people won't find it difficult) One person can load a bike on the wrack(I can do it if I have to.) but since the bike needs to be lifted up off the ground( and since I'm short, 5'1"), I ask my son to lift it up and I maneuver it into place.
The straps that latches are attached are very long and they fliped and flapped all over the place when I drove. So I folded and tied the extra into a knot and it worked. Adjusting length of straps when attaching the wrack to my car is easy once you get used to it.I've used it 10+ times so far and has not left marks on my car. It works for my husband's Saturn, too. You might want to keep a flashlight in your car in case you have to set this up in dark. I once threw this in my car instead of attaching to it before I left to pick up my son after dark. although tail light would have been suffice to help me see what I was doing but having flashlight really made the job easier.
My husband who teaches technology education at local middle school likes this product, too. He says it's very well designed. He likes simple but effective stuff rather than fancy and complicated gadgets.

[...].

I hope my review helped you decide whether or not to get this product. In any case, happy biking!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a rack and it's for bikes..., March 13, 2010
From the beginning, I was impressed. From the quality of the actual item, to after I installed it (which was amazingly easy), to using it for the first, second, third, etc. time. My wife and I had grown tired of biking in the same side of town for a while and decided it was time to take it to the conveniently near foothills. So, logically, we needed a bike rack for our car. Here's how it stacks up:

PROS:

Easy to install
Tough build
Holds bikes securely with up to three straps
Padded to prevent scratches (to car or bike)

CONS:

None

BOTTOM LINE: I would recommend this product to anyone with a car (like a sedan or coupe style) who wants to be able to throw a couple bikes on the back and go for a ride somewhere distant. If you have a trailer hitch, you should stick with those styles as they are easier to setup and take down a lot easier.

I just leave mine on my car with the straps and slack secured inside the trunk so you'd have to cut the straps to steal it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hollywood, 3 bike rack, January 27, 2010
this fit very securely on an 05 Toyota Camry. I actually got it to use as a rack for my mothers wheel chair which weighs 50 lbs.. who would think that no one has cornered that market to make/sell this as, a wheel chair rack. It works perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great...a good value!, September 9, 2009
P. Schuler (Cleveland, OH USA) - See all my reviews
The Hollywood F1B was exactly what I wanted to carry our bikes for a recent camping trip. Easy to fit and fasten, it worked perfectly on my 2010 Fusion (with no damage to the finish, either). With just a little readjusting, it fit 3 full-size bikes. Only one has a horizontal bar, so the other two bikes rested on their angled frame pieces. The lack of individual frame clips and straps was actually an advantage for this arrangement. The mounting straps do loosen somewhat as the padding compresses, so stopping to retighten the straps after the first half-hour or so (as someone else suggested) kept everything snug and secure. Took off one star because the rack comes with only two tie-downs even though it's a 3-bike rack. I purchased 3 pairs of 2-foot long bungee cords that worked wonderfully for holding the bike frames to the rack. The center strap that goes around all three bikes is a nice extra security feature. Once tightened down, those bikes weren't going anywhere until we took them off at the campground. A good value for the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars super rack, January 14, 2007
Great rack - easy to adjust to any vehicle. Not fancy but does the job. A winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars my first bick rack, September 17, 2009
Very nice bicycle rack. Attaches easily to the rear door of my 98 dodge caravan. Carrying three full size bikes would be stretching the limits of this product. Especially a far distance. I carry it with me all the time just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal, July 2, 2008
Easy to use and affordable. Has only four straps to keep it hooked to the car, but that appears to be good enough and stays on well. (Apparently, the EU version has six straps and therefore may cause confusion if one just looks at the picture in the included manual.) In addition, it has one extra long strap to tie up all bikes from the top and two separate straps to tie tires together to prevent flapping. Good design and we are highly pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, October 22, 2007
Used only one time and it worked great! Drove over 600 miles with no problems. I carried two heavy bikes on trip. Very easy to use and put on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Pretty Well, October 26, 2010
We use this on a 2005 Volvo XC90. Mine did not come with the side strap shown in the picture. It has the top and bottom straps. We use it to haul 2 Columbia Fenway Mountain Bikes. They aren't the lightest thing out there, but this seems to work pretty well so far.

When placed on an SUV, you will certainly need put one bike on, readjust/tighten up the straps, then place the second one on. The instructions mention this, but we know how that goes. So far a trip to the park has worked out fine. Speeds no higher than 50mph. Have not tried long distance or higher speeds yet. Seems like it will stay there.

Hollywood Racks F1B The Original 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack