Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 12, 2013
"Hollywood Said No!" is a comedy book by David Cross and Bob Odenkirk who were cult comedy icons and founders of "Mr. Show", a popular TV show from the 1990s that was showed on the HBO channel.
In this book the two authors presented several sketches and two complete movie scripts that weren't accepted by Hollywood producers.

The authors are saying that they made this book for all their fans who wanted something more from them two since their show stopped broadcasting, although they emphasized that the book's release isn't their attempt to return to the scene.

While the script "Hooray For America" is more about politics, but still funny, the second script "Bob & David Make A Movie" is where the two authors excels.
The screenplay is about their trying to make a movie with lot of their typical sketches and I'm sure their fans would have enjoyed a lot in this movie if it was released.

People who like to read the screenplays will specially enjoy this one, and for all (of us) who read such thing for the first time it's interesting to see such material full of descriptions that create actual pictures in your head like you really watch the movie. Some of the scenes are really great and I would for sure like to see the movie filmed based on this screenplay.

"Hollywood Said No!" is must-have for David Cross and Bob Odenkirk fans because it will give you an opportunity to enjoy their work and hilarious jokes once again.
I suppose that audio version is even better, hearing two of them but if you liked Mr. Show I strongly recommend you to read this book, you'll certainly enjoy it.
on September 10, 2013
Perfect book for any Bob and David fan. The first script (Bob and David Make a Movie) is worth the 10 dollars alone. It had me belly laughing more than any TV show in recent memory.

Fans will find it easy to read the scripts in the unique tone and sensibility that made Mr. Show so great. And newcomers will certainly find many laughs as well.

A MUST HAVE for comedy nerds!
on September 16, 2013
I heard about this book when I saw Bob & David promoting it last week on the Daily show, went to my local book store and bought the paperback. What I thought would be a book that would only give me a chuckle ended up making me tear up with laughter. 'Bob & David Make a Movie' is by far my favorite script in this book, written in 2003 it still holds incredibly strong relevance. The same goes for 'Hooray for America' a satire to end all satires. It really is a shame that these movies were not made, but this book is the next best thing. 5/5
on May 14, 2014
I can actually hear the guys saying the lines as I read them from this book. I recommend this to every Bob and David fan as well as comedy fans in general. Well, fans of that special brand of comedy like Mr. Show and Comedy Bang! Bang!
on January 18, 2014
I love Bob and David. I'd give each one of them a kidney if they needed it. I realize that that would leave me without a kidney. I don't think they're working that great anyway. I keep peeing myself...from reading this book.
on March 21, 2016
It's a shame that this script wasn't picked up and made into a movie. I know Run, Ronnie, Run exists as a Mr. Show movie but it was butchered in post-production and barely released. This script reads as a full length Mr. Show episode that I'm hoping Netflix can pick up and make into an original movie. I highly recommend this to anyone who truly appreciates what Bob and David can produce when they are working together.
on June 21, 2016
I laughed out loud and hard. Sometimes I substitute teach and need things to read when the kids get working quietly. I had to quit reading this at school. I was nearly imploding trying to keep from bursting out laughing. It's great.
on January 27, 2014
I think misconception might be that these stories are throwaway because they didn't get picked up. This is far from true. These amazing comedy talents put forth exemplary material for those who have followed them from the groundbreaking Mr. Show and on. The audiobook version has them acting out the entire stories with actors from the mr show era.
on October 22, 2013
the only negative about this book is that I wish it could have gone on forever. I was doubled over in laughter trying to picture some of the scenes that these guys wrote, in their true over-the-top quality. If you need a fix for more Bob and David, then i definitely recommend picking this up. it will not disappoint!
on December 15, 2013
Bob and Dave are great writers, actors, and everything else you can imagine. This book is great. Give it a read, why don't you! Tons of great ideas, scripts, and a full movie.

If you are a fan of Bob and Dave, you'll want this!