5.0 out of 5 stars Great Customer Service
I purchased this heater in October 05' to help heat a drafty living room. The heater worked great and then after having it for 6 months and running it all the time except when we weren't home one of the elements went out on it. I called Holmes and they sent me a new one right away for just the cost of shipping no questions asked and no hassle.
Published on May 22, 2006 by TJ

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst heater I have ever had
This heater has had a very short life with me (less than a year), and it has just suddenly died. From the very beginning it was the most peculiar heater I have ever had. I had previously owned a Holmes radiant heater that was not digital, and when it died (it didn't live that long either!) I got this one. What a huge disappointment! It seems as if they made everything...
Published on March 9, 2010 by Kristine L. Soly

2.0 out of 5 stars Totally disappointed!!!!!!, December 30, 2010
This review is from: Holmes HQH319-U Quartz Tower Heater with 1Touch® Electronic Thermostat (Kitchen)
When I first got this heater I thought I liked it. I had nothing to compare it to. I like the fact that you can set the heater in increments and set it to automatic and it will turn on and off depending on the temperature in the room. Or you can set it to low or high and leave it to run continuously. It worked fine in the little room I have my computer in but when I took it out to my exercise room when the temperature was below 0 and left it for an hour it was still quite chilly in there. I went ahead and did my workout but it never got real warm.

Then just over a month of having it I went to turn it on and nothing. The lights lit up but no heat. The night before it worked fine. I was not a happy camper.

I called Amazon.com and the lady was super helpful. She emailed me a return label and then when they recieved it they refunded me all of my money. That was great! Still no heater but it was nice not to have to hassle over the refund, especially since the 30 days was over, barely.

I ordered a Lasko so we'll see how that one turns out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective upon receipt of unit, September 24, 2008
E. Garrett (Hudson Valley, NY) - See all my reviews
I ordered this unit, and found the vertical heat tubes cracked and had to retrun it for replacement.
Received replacement and found one of the vertical heat tubes cracked
just like the first one.
Obviously they have a major problem in the manufacturing process and
are sending out defective unitsHolmes HQH319-U Quartz Tower Heater with 1-Touch Electronic Thermostat

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I had hoped..., November 9, 2009
We had tried several different heaters to heat our family room with less than satisfactory results. We went through several oil filled heaters. They provided some heat, but very localized...not spreading throughout the room. They also seemed to fall apart after a couple of years.

A neighbor had one of those expensive EdenPure heaters that is quartz based and she is very happy with it. We couldn't spend that kind of money and it also takes up too much room. I searched and searched finally finding this one reviewed in Consumer Reports. I always like to get another opinion as sometimes I find Consumer Reports wrong.

We too the plunge and couldn't be happier. It makes a little vibrating noise when it comes on [sounds sort of like a fan on low]. That stops in a minute or two. What's the best is that it seems to push the heat out into the whole room.

In conclusion, it's not the prettiest unit, but more than does the job for us. We may actually buy another for the garage to replace an older unit.

Good choice. Bill in Seattle

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 12, 2012
Sandy flooded me out and these heaters really did the job. When we got the power back we bought more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, easy to operate, November 29, 2008
Arrived in 2 days; portable, easy to operate, keeps furnace from kicking on as much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Heat for the Money, December 14, 2008
I purchased this heater as a replacement for a DeLonghi that was much louder, but also put out good heat. When the old one failed after several years of use, I began reading reviews on current models. This one scored well on most reviews. My master bath is in the northwest corner of a midwestern home. When the winds are high, the bathroom is cold. This heats up the space quickly and the thermostat settings are very convenient. You can select a temperature and a high or low speed. Very pleased with this heater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Womderful Heater, January 5, 2011
JERRY (TUCKER, GA, US) - See all my reviews
This is a great product!!! It replaced a $400.00 heater- returned to the manufacturer- that only worked 49 days. This far exceeds my expectations. Height is a plus for heat distribution. Thermostat adjustments are many and it is easy to redirect, lightweight, quiet and the heat output even on low is wonderful. Highly recommend it and it did NOT cost $400.00!!! A lower thermostat at 65 means saving on the price of gas. The fact that Amazon carried it made the purchase easier with no worries if there is a problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scary heater, December 21, 2008
I am originally from Maine and I now reside in San Antonio, Texas, where we are experiencing some very unusual cold weather and I felt the need to break down and buy a heater. I just bought this heater at Target based on Consumer Reports recommendation. Scary. I plugged it in, billows of smoke appeared, and a small flame shot out from one of the heating elements. I immediately turned it off and inspected the heater. One of the elements was broken in three different places. This is a brand-new heater, folks. I read another review listed here of someone who had the same problem. It sounds like a serious safety recall notification is in order from Holmes. Be careful.

1.0 out of 5 stars Shuts off all the time - junk don't buy!, February 18, 2011
Like many others I bought this thinking it would be a good addition to provide heat to a small room. The unit turns off all the time and it has to be unplugged and reset to get going again. It must be the overheat feature but the unit comes on for a just moments and then shuts off when the room or unit is definitely not that hot. The buttons are silly, you have to cycle through a series of times to set it. They definately need to put this one back on teh shelf and try again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Floor Heater!, November 3, 2009
Lulu (Sunland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
My husband recently retired and is actively working in his garage. As a civil engineer he had this product in his trailer, and welcomed its heat during the cold, rainy winter days. I surprised him by getting this for his garage to keep him warm on those chilly days. The heater is very user friendly, easy to turn on and off. I would truly recommend this product.