5.0 out of 5 stars Easy reading, August 9, 2005
This review is from: Holt Science & Technology: Student Edition Physical Science 2005 (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my son's science reading to prepare for his year 8 next year. The other physical science text book which I had bought before this book was harder to read and my son was wasting time to read the same sentence repeatedly. I let him stop reading the other book and consequently wasted about $100 (book price + overseas delivery).

Then I found some sample pages of this book in the publisher's website and read them with my son and decided to order this book. This book was the same level with the other book but we have discovered that this book was much easier to understand and reading have become obviously efficient. My son likes reading this book and the writing style has made such a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Science Book, September 30, 2008
I highly recommend this book as a keeper for both educational purposes and family reference. It contains a very good variety of physical and earth science topics and explains the theory in a very clear manner. This is an excellent reference for learning and answering those questions our children often ask about how many aspects of science work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting material., March 9, 2013
Material is very interesting but the book is definitely pro-Darwin, not pro-creation if you are a Christian Creationist looking for a science book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book It, November 13, 2012
Purchased this book so that my son could have a copy at home. His current school doesn't allow students to bring home hard copy books but rather links to online versions. Excellent quality; quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Reading for young and old alike, October 3, 2013
Wow - I had no idea how many gaps in knowledge I had. This is a fantastic, superb, amazing, awesome (well I think I have used enough adjectives) book. I bought it for my daughter but ended up reading it. It covers so many basic scientific concepts and explains it soo simply even the youngest child can understand it.

Highly highly recommend. Plus I bought it second hand for pennies on the dollar - Oh its old may want to get later edition,

4.0 out of 5 stars A good 7 - 9th grade book, July 15, 2013
Much cheaper than the newest edition and covers much of the same material. I teach home school children and this will be perfect for my group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 17, 2014
Great condition

Holt Science & Technology: Student Edition Physical Science 2005
Holt Science & Technology: Student Edition Physical Science 2005 by RINEHART AND WINSTON HOLT (Hardcover - November 21, 2003)
Used & New from: $6.94