Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: DVDChange

on January 2, 2010
This revolutionary and fascinating documentary wanders all over the literal and figurative map, linking the Holy Grail, old Jerusalem, the Knights Templar, the FreeMasons, the Kensington Stone, Columbus, George Washington, the hooked X rune, the Newport tower, Cistercian monks, the Norsemen, sacred geometry, the money pit, and a host of other medieval, rune-laden tablets discovered all over North America. Perhaps too broad in scope, this DVD does offer solid history-shattering evidence that America was settled and claimed by Templars in 1362.
Theories on the reach of the Templars have flourished in recent years, thanks to Dan Brown and others, but never before has so much evidence been assembled to strongly suggest that the Templars, accompanied by a Cistercian monk (who new both Scandinavian and Templar runes), sailed their fleet of ships to America in 1362 to lay claim to the Mississippi headwaters as the New Jerusalem. Did they bring with them the Holy Grail and other treasures from the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and bury them in the heartland of America in the 14th century?
This History Channel documentary gives strong evidence that the Templar fleet left Europe and sailed to America. They made their way on a 14-day journey from the East Coast through the Great Lakes to what is now Kensington, MN. Furthermore, even Columbus' father was a Templar who may have told him of the existence of the New World, still a secret in the 15th century known only to the Knights Templar. From Soloman's Temple to Minnesota?
Yes, I now believe they came to America in 1362!
22 comments35 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2010
This is a lengthy but absorbing documentary. It is obvious that a great deal of research and assembling of background material went into it. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in the Knights Templar, Vikings, and voyages of discovery.
on May 20, 2010
So much of what we think we know is changing SO fast. The History channel is playing it's part in that unfolding process admirably. Our perception of the world is dependent on integrating the information we have about it. Change the information, and the world is magically transformed. I thought for the greater part of my life that the West was all cowboys and indians and now I get hit with this! Reviewing history in the information age sure is a wild ride.

I particularly enjoyed this presentation being so comprehensive. It was like watching a good mystery movie with more than a few twists and turns along the way. Very entertaining and informative. Even if you just have a passing interest in the Templars this thought provoking presentation is well worth your time and money. I wouldn't say the same for 'The Rosslyn Frequency.' (NOT a History Channel offering!)- take a pass on that one.
I've found so many History Channel productions to be first rate, I rarely hesitate to give them a whirl. You won't be disappointed with 'Holy Grail in America.'
on October 31, 2010
This is an excellent look at the history of the Knights Templar, the Holy Grail, and the involvement of the Sinclair family members. I purchased three of them - one for each of our sons. The Da Vinci Code provided a fictional account - using Rosslyn Chapel. This film provided insight to other possibilities. I highly recommend this interesting video.
on May 13, 2010
We watched this on the history channel. It's fun to watch it again. There is so much information. Takes several times of watching it to absorb all the info.
on February 27, 2010
How DOES a slab of rock with runes (the Kensington Runestone) get from Scandinavia to middle America? Who hauled it here and why? Intrigue, mystery, fact vs fiction - this documentary is packed full of twists and turns and provides powerful evidence that the trail to the Holy Grail was not, is not easily traveled. A masterful movie you won't want to miss!
22 comments6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2011
I just sat down to watch this with my family and was amazed from the first minute. I have always had a casual interest in the Knights Templar, but never have I seen anything like this! Even for someone who does not believe what is presented, just the history, and the work that went into digging up all the clues and artifacts, and connecting the dots is well worth that watch.
As for me personally, I am whole heartedly convinced after watching and conducting my own research. 10 of 10 stars!
VINE VOICEon August 5, 2015
I just saw this stand alone documentary from 2009 for the first time on The History Channel tonight (August 2015). Having seen every episode of America Unearthed (2012-2015), I was surprised to see Scott Wolter as the major contributor, and I can say that he looked a LOT younger in 2009. And that's not an insult. I think that in his 2012 series he looks as though he has been through a lot of stress from hitting road blocks during his investigations. A lot of people probably don't want their property messed with. A lot of government agencies, and Native American groups probably don't want too many of these discoveries shown to too many people, much less put on Television. Anyway, I always wondered why Scott seemed irritated and weary so often on his 2012-2015 show, and now I see why. In the filming of this 2009 Documentary the evidence is just everywhere, and a LOT of people are willing to talk on camera. In fact, for example: One giant boulder in the water a few yards from a shore with ancient carvings still visible on it was accessible during filming, but by the time Scott and his crew arrived to investigate it for dating during his America Unearthed show, it had literally been REMOVED (STOLEN) from that spot the night before they arrived!! There were also areas on his series that Park Rangers wouldn't let him on. And there were people who seemed to not want to share too much information with him. There was even one spot on a man's private property who WAS willing to help, but Scott couldn't even dig where he wanted to, because some government agent told him not to, and then the guy told them to use the sonar equipment at some random site between two buildings near the guy's house. That was just ridiculous. I can see not being allowed to CHANGE a historic site, but telling someone they can't dig a dang hole on their own property??!! Anyway...

If none of this is true, then WHY so many roadblocks. WHY so many dead ends. Scott Wolter has a lot of knowledge in these areas. I think he's a brilliant man. Plus, he has vindicated so many people, and so many theories, and so many stories, that he is a hero of mine. And I hope that whatever these agencies, and groups, and entities are trying hide... I hope that some day the truth about our own Pre-Columbian History can simply be revealed to everyone.

Although, I have enjoyed watching Scott's 2012-2015 series every time it is on, I have to say that this 2009 documentary presents the evidence in a much better way with a higher production value, which of course is not his fault. It shows more places, and more stones and carvings, and there are more interviews with locals and experts than you will see in about three episodes of his show.

I read the negative review.... There's always got to be a skeptic trying to tell people that things aren't true when you just know that they are. Some people really like to keep their head in the sand, while others of us enjoy the enlightenment that the Light brings directly to us... But this guy's attempts to cast doubt on everything were missing the most important thing of all. He did not mention the fact that the most important piece of evidence in this entire Documentary is REAL. The farmer who found the Kensington Stone was accused of creating it himself and that pretty much ruined his life (why would a farmer do that, of all people, I just don't know) but... “The rare, medieval rune called ‘the dotted R’ was not known to modern scholars until 1935, yet it is found on the Kensington Rune Stone found in 1898..." So there you are.

Having seen Scott's America Unearthed series I already knew that Europeans were absolutely in America before Columbus, not only shortly before Columbus but LONG before Columbus, but this 2009 Documentary was enjoyable to watch, and gave a lot of sincere Historians the chance to tell their sides of the story.
on February 25, 2011
I say this documentery on the history channel. I loved it. They finally have some prof and its believeable. Get this dvd if you believe in the thought that Columbus wasnt the first person to land on North America.
on October 20, 2010
Well researched and presentation of information mind boggling in the amount of things brought to bear major plus to ANY amateur or professional Historian truly cannot say enough good about it you need to experience it for yourself.