"Some books are worth reading because they make an important point, others for the sheer delight of the writing. Greg Popcak's Holy Sex! is both. Wherever one stands on the fine points of Catholic teaching about sex, Popcak reveals its deeply sensual core, debunking popular stereotypes of Catholicism as somehow anti-erotic. Think of this book as Thomas Aquinas meets Dr. Ruth, and enjoy!"
- John L. Allen Jr., Senior Correspondent for National Catholic Reporter "Looking at contemporary popular culture, one finds that sex is overrated and undervalued. Greg Popcak helps to set things straight on both counts. He explains with intelligence and humor what some have learned only through painful experience, and many have still not learned--namely, that the joy of sex is not to be found in `liberation' from moral principles, but in its unique power to unite a man and woman as faithful partners in the love-building and life-giving union that marriage is."
- Robert P. George, Professor, Princeton University
"Dynamic, faithful, funny, and informative, [Popcak] demonstrates how the Truth will set you free. Combining practical wisdom with the wisdom of the ages, Popcak leads men and women to the love they long for."
- Christopher West, Fellow, Theology of the Body Institute
"It is no surprise to see Dr. Popcak treat marital sex as a truly joyful thing. And why not? He clearly points out, God designed man and woman to communicate his love in their spiritual and physical union. If married couples could actually experience their love-making as an expression of God's creative, joyous, and renewing love, wow!"
- Most Rev. R. Daniel Conlon, Bishop of Steubenville
"Clearly, Dr. Popcak is a chaste, faithful, learned Catholic man with mountains of experience working with couples. I am confident that spouses who follow his advice will become holier and better partners. Those who are holier are certainly better lovers and thanks to Holy Sex! we now know the many ways this is true."
- Janet E. Smith, Father Michael J. McGivney Chair of Life Ethics Sacred Heart Major Seminary
"In the last four decades, too many Americans have been led astray by self-styled experts promising sexual liberation and happiness, only to end up with broken hearts and broken bodies. By combining theological insight and psychological wisdom, Dr. Gregory Popcak offers a different path to men and women looking for a way to find happiness and virtue in their sexual lives... [Holy Sex! is a] powerful guide for navigating the joys and sorrows of sex."
- W. Bradford Wilcox, Assistant Professor of Sociology, University of Virginia
"Popcak does a great service by practically developing the last chapter of Karol Wojtyla's (John Paul II) Love and Responsibility. Marriage is work... an invaluable resource for all married and engaged couples."
- Pia de Solenni, Feminist Theologian, Winner: Pontifical Prize of the Academies
"Greg Popcak is a wise and funny guy. He combines the ancient wisdom of the Faith with the best that contemporary science and compassionate human understanding have to offer in warm, generous, and practical insights that have already been invaluable to thousands."
- Mark P. Shea, Senior Content Editor, CatholicExchange.com
Quite possibly the most helpful book I've read on Catholic Marriage. It was beautiful the way Dr. Popcak explains the rich theology behind Catholic marriage while also giving... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Elizabeth
What I liked best about this book is that the author connects good sex with a loving relationship. What a concept! Read morePublished 14 days ago by Dr. P.
I was nervous about reading this book because of the 'bad' reviews and I am a very Conservative Catholic. However, unlike the 'bad' reviews claim. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Maria0206
Though I'm not a Catholic this book has really great stuff for couples wanting to keep their sex-life alive and well through out a long marriage. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Sandra Julian
Love this book, so far anyways - I have gotten through a couple of chapters. I think it's kind of romantic actually and a very sensitive subject to many a couple. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Nataliya Field
mostly for exceptionalmarriages.com. A lot of scriptures. You will be better served with books on sex addiction. skip this and look there.Published 4 months ago by D Bulsa
Not a "sex" book per say, but a guide to hoe to love your mate better in and out of the bedroom. Read morePublished 6 months ago by dairydiva
My husband and I have been married 8 years. We bought this when we had been married for 2 1/2 years. It was a marriage and life changing book. Read morePublished 7 months ago by CatholicMommie
Was very disappointed in this author and his teachings on Holy Sex. The author mentions some risky sex acts that are very disturbing such as oral and anal sex. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Diane Xavier