5.0 out of 5 stars Here is a baker I can trust!
Published on April 3, 2011 by Onheading

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed
Published on November 22, 2011 by Jeannine Massie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Here is a baker I can trust!, April 3, 2011
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
As soon as my book arrived I read through the recipes and made a pound cake recipe and a cookie recipe and they were very very good. I was glad that a few of the recipes were for whole wheat flour. My customers have been asking for healthier items especially for breakfast. I made two fast and easy whole grain muffin recipes for the market and sold out. I tried before with other cookbooks but they came out too dry and crumbly. In the book, Mimi explained about using whole wheat so that helped me a lot.

This book has lots of useful information for baking and for selling and its easy to understand. I was afraid to make larger batches but this book explains how. I am thankful she is willing to share her knowledge. Her first book gave me business basics plus inspiration and encouragement to start making money. Now shes showing me how to make even more!

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little Disappointed, November 22, 2011
Jeannine Massie (LOS ANGELES, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
Let me begin by saying if you want some really good dessert recipes, this is a really good book to have. However, I personally have many, many very good and even over the top dessert recipes and that's why I want to improve and expand my own home baking business. I was hoping for more information for resources, laws and regulations and things like that. I still have to buy another book that will help me with the business aspect of having my own home baking business. Maybe her first book addresses my questions, but this one just touches the surface. Again, the recipes are very good and definitely worth having, but that's about all I found this book to useful for. I think the book should be called, Recipes for Your Home Based Business. That's just me. To be honest, I am more confused now because now I have to bake and decide which recipes are better, mine or hers. I already sell good dessert that are really good so it will be interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mimi's books changed my career path!, April 13, 2011
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
Mimi's book, "Start & Run A Home-Based Business", propelled me in the right direction. Her current book, "Home Baking For Profit", helped me improve my baking skills...giving me more confidence. And more importantly, it's helped me make more money with less aggravation. The sections on Recipe Development and Product Development were very helpful. I can spend less time while making more money. The recipes are perfect for my business. You should try the Blueberry Crumb Bars, Five Flavor Pound Cake, Maple Walnut Muffins, and Knock-Your-Socks-Off Chocolate Brownies! THIS BOOK IS A MUST HAVE FOR ANY HOME BAKER!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRUE SALES MAKER!, April 10, 2011
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
This is now my favorite go-to book for baking and business. I took one of Ms. Fix's classes and purchased her new book. I already have the first one. I changed my recipes to hers, and cannot keep enough muffins and cookies on the shelves!

5.0 out of 5 stars I do not have a home baking business but loved this book anyway!, August 31, 2011
ruth3ch (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
I bought this book because I do a lot of baking for parties ( such as my kids' engagement parties) and for friends, although I do not bake for profit. I felt that if I was going to do large quantity home baking, I would like to learn from a professional, how to be as efficient as possible to maximize my baking output in the least amount of time. I got everything I wished for from this book and so much more. Not only did I get a very, very, wide variety of recipes ( no, she is not just focused on chocolate, although she does have plenty of chocolate recipes such as Tunnel of fudge bundt cake , 6 varieties of chocolate brownies, chocolate marble cookies, and chocolate coconut muffins and more...) but a lot of helpful baking tips as well. Every recipe is accompanied by variations, too.
I guess the biggest surprise to me was how fascinating the book was. It was like taking a course in both marketing and customer service. There were guidelines about kitchen cleanliness and food safety. There were tips to streamline production. There were pointers on gift baskets. There was a chapter on organizing fundraisers and bake sales. I found the book succinct and to the point but loaded with info.
In short, I loved the book so much,that I bought Mimi Fix's first book "Start and Run a Home Based Food Business". I loved that book too even though I have no intention of starting a food business.

Clarification: Although the recipes are for home baking for profit, the recipes in this book are scaled down for use in the home kitchen. For example, Cranberry Apple Bars yield an 8"x8" pan and country health muffins yield 18-24 muffins. Mimi encourages you to double the recipes if your production area can handle it, and you are satisfied with the end product when the recipe is doubled, just to be efficient. She also makes it clear that you should only multiply a recipe if you can use it or sell it all before the finished product gets old or stale, after all, she admonishes, a lousy product can ruin one's reputation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, June 1, 2011
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
Mimi's book is wonderful! She shares her tried-and-true recipes and gives great advice based on all of her years of experience and research. Once you start reading, you won't be able to put it down until you have tried all the recipes! Thanks, Mimi!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Getting Profitable in Baking, April 5, 2011
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
As a New Orleans chef with 25 years experience Mimi Fix is a goddess and a compassionate 'force in the trenches' with tips for the experienced and just beginning food newbie.

Baking is an art and a science and selling it is a completely different expertise. Mimi is an unusual blend of someone who knows both well.

Her recipes are wonderful and worth the price of the book alone!

Enjoy this book and please pick up her Start and Run a Home-based Baking Business

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!, April 28, 2011
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
Mimi if a force of nature! It is not often that such a true and accurate book comes along, and this is it!! Most books are out to sell the person writing it, that's not this book! Mimi is all about sharing what she's learned with everyone so THEIR lives can be easier and their experience guided and easier to navigate! And with her book that is exactly what she's done! She takes the guess work out, answers the questions I had and didn't know who to ask, she has simplified the home food business and made it approachable and easy to understand! AND she's given delicious recipes to boot!!! This book far outweighs any other "baking business" book out there! And with this book you won't need any other book! Except of course her first book, "How to start and run a home based food business", that book is the foundation to start with! Thank you Mimi for a fantastic book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR ANYONE WHO BAKES FOR THE PUBLIC, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
I love this book!! " Home Baking for Profit" has been a wonderful " go to " book! My customers are always looking for the next new item I may put on my table. This book is full of valuable recipes that have already been tested in the kitchen & market place. You can't ask for more then that! Mimi also covers all the basics up front like- kitchen set up, detailed answers about ingredients, packaging & presentation, and even great tips on healthy baking. It is a thorough book that will help the serious baker maximize their business. In today's economy, we all need that!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I needed, February 5, 2012
This review is from: Home Baking for Profit (Paperback)
This book was ok for baking knowledge. I was really hoping that since it was about baking for profit, it would have a section about pricing, buying product, stuff like that. I don't need recipes! I wouldn't be at the next step of "home baking" if I still needed recipes. For a new baker, this book would be great. But for where I am, I need more business, less baking info.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Home Baking for Profit
Home Baking for Profit by Mimi Fix (Paperback - March 12, 2011)
$15.95 $13.78