5.0 out of 5 stars Cheese Gromit!
I had tried to make cheese from recipies I had found online with little success. I was rather frustrated and decided to buy this book and see what I was doing wrong. My first batch was a chedder cheese which came out exactly as the book promiced first time. My second batch was a gouda cheese which I upsized to a 3 gallon batch from the 2 gallon recipie using the...
Published on March 19, 2006 by Scott Graves

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but there's better out there.
After much experience with wine and beermaking, I decided to try making my own cheese. Well, it is defiantely not a trivial matter. We are not making pasta here... This book was not bad, and helped me understand the process of making cheese but the actual recipes were confusing and hard to follow. If you have never made cheese before, try another book. There are better...
Published on June 21, 2003

‹ Previous | 18 9 1023 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy book to follow., July 7, 2014
This review is from: Home Cheese Making: Recipes for 75 Homemade Cheeses (Paperback)
Very easy book to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mankin' my own...., July 7, 2014
It is a great book. Wonderful cheese education!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Informative book, June 6, 2014
Russell Thielemann (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This book will show you the complete process of making many kinds of cheese from start to finish. There are also many cheese recipes included in this book. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in making their own cheese.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Insightful, June 5, 2014
Everything you need to know about cheese making. Bought it for a friend for xmas. He was thrilled, guided him throught the making of many cheeses successfully . I recommend for any cheese lover interested in the craft .

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, who knew, May 30, 2014
so much fun and very easy to make your own cheese. mascarpone is so expensive and this is cheap and easy, same with ricotta and mozzarella!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, May 19, 2014
Perry (Kempner, Tx) - See all my reviews
Has a lot of good information and recipes in it. Can't wait to try them. Still learning but made some good goats cheese so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars novice, April 17, 2014
I liked to idea of making my own cheese. Was great to be able to enjoy and bragging to my friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC Book! Exactly what I was looking for, April 17, 2014
Justin Sonner (New Orleans, LA) - See all my reviews
If you're new or not this book is great. It has a lot of things in it about cheese, making cheese, stories, recipes... It has it all and written very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Reference, April 7, 2014
Great book on cheeses! Good information and a lot of amazing recipes. I'm constantly using this book for unique ways to impress at a dinner party!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, April 1, 2014
Over the past year I've gotten into cheese making. This is the quintessential book for any home-based cheese maker to get started. Don't be intimidated - Rikki makes it easy to jump in and learn the science behind cheese making and some great recipes to get started.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1023 | Next ›

Home Cheese Making: Recipes for 75 Homemade Cheeses
Home Cheese Making: Recipes for 75 Homemade Cheeses by Ricki Carroll (Paperback - October 14, 2002)
$16.95 $11.30