Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 15, 2006
I'm pretty finicky about Christmas albums. I hate most of them. This one is probably in my top 5, and I'm not even much of an Amy Grant fan. It's one of those extremely rare Christmas albums by a popular artist that actually sounds like Christmas. The arrangements are very traditional without being boring, and even the nontraditional songs fit in very well and aren't too "pop-y". Amy Grant's voice is perfectly suited to this kind of music and she knows how to sing a wonderful song and just let its natural beauty speak for itself. I shudder to think of this same set of songs mutilated by Christina Aguilera's relentless moans and gratuitous runs.

The bottom line: you could put this CD on in July and it would bring visions of snowy lamp-lit streets, sleigh rides, mall Santas, manger scenes, and people being inexplicably kind to one another. And that's the way it should be. I'm talking to you, Ms. Aguilera.
on December 15, 2005
Of the 3 different Christmas albums Amy Grant has released since 1983, I believe this to be her very best. Not only are the arrangements perfectly fitting for an evening by the fireplace, but her voice has never sounded better. Instead of trying too hard to "redo" old favorites like other artists often do, she pays tribute to these songs by keeping them true to the way we have all grown up hearing them. The newly written songs such as "The Night Before Christmas" and "Breath of Heaven" fit perfectly in between the old favorites. Listening to this album year after year has been a treat; it doesn't sound dated at all. I highly recommend this CD to anyone who likes traditional (Nat King Cole,etc) sounding Christmas tunes.
on November 18, 2006
This collection is a rare gift to listeners..when this album first came out, on a tape, I played it Christmas morning as my son came down to open his presents. That was many years ago. Now,as a teenager, he asks us to put on this cd, before he comes into the living room. This from a guy who is definitely not a country fan. In our home, it is simply not Christmas without this cd. It is a gentle, beautiful Christmas collection every family will treasure because Amy Grant shines and makes every song her own. Our family has gone through two tape version and about two CD copies..I am now ordering another one!!
on December 26, 2007
I must be getting sentimental since having children, but this is the only Christmas CD I routinely put on. It is so good, I bought a replacement one this year when either I lost it or my 3 year old confiscated it...only time will tell what happened. Amy Grant really can sing the xmas stuff.
on November 10, 2006
I have about 20 Christmas albums in my CD collection and none comes close to this one by Amy Grant. The ONE holiday album that my family requests each and every holiday season.
on December 15, 2008
I love this Amy Grant CD--I grew up with it in my home, and am tickled to have my own copy of it now that I'm grown up. It's a special Christmas item for me.
on November 17, 2007
I have none of Amy Grant's albums - except for all of her Christmas collections. I have every one of those, and the reason why is this album. It's exceptional, just the right mix of traditional and popular songs, and Grant's voice is perfect for both types. I can't imagine trimming the tree without this on the stereo.
on December 7, 2006
I love this CD!! I have to listen to it every Christmas. Amy Grant puts a new spin on some old favorites and brought to life some new songs that I love. "Mary's Song" is probably my most favorite song on the whole disk, but I just love it and would recommend it to anyone and everyone!!
VINE VOICEon November 29, 2007
My holiday CDs are usually packed away and it takes me forever to find them in my storage, so every year I have to buy this CD over again because it is my favorite. It is the one CD I listen to first while I am getting all my holiday things out and getting myself into the decorating mood. My second favorite CD that I buy new every year is the Carpenters Christmas Collection - both are perfection!
(you would think I would learn to keep these CDs on top, eh?)

The song "Breath Of Heaven" makes me want to cry every time I hear it. I also love "Emmanuel, God With Us".
I am not normally a fan of Amy Grant. This is the only CD of hers that I own. So even if you do not like her other work, this one is worth a listen. Very nice and peaceful background music for your holiday.
on March 24, 2013
The album includes several arrangements I've never heard anywhere else: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (Bach), For Unto Us a Child is Born (Handel's Messiah), and Emanuel, God with Us. The other songs are listed at the moment but just in case that changes, the songs included in order are: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Joy to the World/For Unto Us a Child is Born, Breath of Heaven, O Come All Ye Faithful, Grown-Up Christmas List, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, Winter Wonderland, I'll Be Home for Christmas, The Night Before Christmas, Emanuel, God with Us, and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring.