Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood: Stories and Recipes to Share with Family and Friends
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Showing 1-10 of 379 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on April 15, 2010
I own well over 100 cook books and can honestly say that I prefer this one to all of my other "southern style" books. The recipes are easy, declicious and family friendly. This is comfort food that is good enough for company!
on July 26, 2013
Was actually given this as a gift and read some reviews. One review said something about not being anything special that recipes weren't outstanding (or a similar word). But this is why I love this book. It's like getting recipes from your friends, neighbors, family, etc. It is good basic cooking and you can add your own flair. Other chefs books have such fancy dishes that the majority of everyday (common) people can't afford to make or they are too fancy. But Trisha's book is good old basic recipes that we can make and enjoy and they don't cost an arm and a leg to make. Buy a copy - you won't regret!!
on October 6, 2013
If you only buy one cookbook, let this be the one. After buying it I delighted in reading and studying it, like I usually do before cooking. I started out with the Red Velvet cake recipe and it is the best recipe for that cake, in my opinion. I have been on a red velvet kick lately and this was my fifth or sixth recipe to try. So moist, delicious and yummy!
Next, it was the baked spaghetti casserole and I swear you will love it even though it is full of simple ingredients. It makes a huge amount, but my family of three ate every single bite and loved it. My husband raves about my meatballs and spaghetti, and he actually said he liked this casserole as much.
Yesterday I made the chicken and wild rice casserole and it is a winner , also. I plan on eating this for a week since it makes a large amount, too. Those are three out of three successes. Most cookbooks I am lucky to find one success. Next on the menu will be either the cabbage or broccoli casserole. You won't waste your money on this cookbook.
on April 11, 2010
I bought this for my wife after we both saw Trisha Yearwood on The View. My wife used it from the time we got it and everything that she has made so far has been great. Very good book.
on May 17, 2010
Recipes all look good...I made the potato skins and they were yummy. I was sent this through my book club because I forgot to decline but I am happy that I did forget because I feel I will use it a few times! Also, Garth Brooks has a recipe in there and a foreword for his wife.
on October 7, 2013
Best cookbook ever! Already used several recipes. Wonderfully set out and easy to follow. Would recommend this cookbook to everyone, I am always buying new cookbooks, but used this one immediately, the pizza recipe, stuffed peppers, cabbage casserole and roast. All delicious. A winner!!!
on November 6, 2015
I love this food!!!! This is just good, honest, family favorite, made with love, tummy filling, budget friendly, southern comfort food! Simple and perfect. It includes recipes for Breakfast (waffles, pancakes, scrambled egg bowls, a country quiche that's to die for, Hawiian Fruit Salad and apple dumplings, muffins and cinnamon rolls and -shut up- BEIGNETS...omg), Snacks and Appetizers (that will be the hit of any party or football Sunday), Soups and Salads (I'll try to not spoil the surprise, but wait until you see and taste the Chicken Poppy Seed Salad - heaven), Beef and Pork, Chicken and Fish (I love Chicken Piccata and Trish's is the best in the world), Sides, Breads, Cakes and Pies, and Cookies, Candy, etc.
FUN SUGGESTION: Buy several copies of this cookbook, give one to each of your six best girl (and/or guy) friends living near you, invite them to be part of your "cooking club," for a once-a-month get-together -- each person making a part (appetizer, main dish, side, side, beverage, dessert) of the meal using only Trish's recipes. After supper pull out Yatzee, Mexican Train, Canasta or Dutch Blitz, or your favorite board game, uncork your favorite bottle of wine, kick your shoes off and enjoy some cherished, soul soothing, tummy busting, maybe a few tears, tons of laughs, girls nights!!!!
on December 20, 2013
Bought this cookbook for my grandaughter for Christmas. So many great recipes and simple directions you can't miss it. A great gift for someone learning to cook. I wouldn't call it so much southern cooking as I would just good downhome cooking. I made the Sweet & Saltines, it's awesome, but be sure you pack the cup of brown sugar. Recipe just call for 1 cup brown sugar, doesn't say to pack it. My daughter made the same recipe from another cookbook and she didn't pack the cup of brown sugar and said her's didn't come out as good. I also bought Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen for her, know she will love then both.
on May 29, 2015
This is the third cookbook I've purchased from this author and I love that they are now in my kitchen. Her recipes are down to earth and easy to execute because there are perfect instructions. As mentioned in a previous book's review, I also observed that because her meals are easy to make that does not mean they are not sophisticated. They are. The cookbook has great photos, great tips and even kitchen tools/appliances that she recommends to get the job done! I was first hooked on Trisha Yearwood's love of cooking through her television show, and her cookbooks are truly an extension of that love. Thank goodness she put it all to paper. And as a sidenote, the girl can sing and so can her hubby. I respect her talents.
on March 16, 2015
I LOVE this cookbook. Well written, colorful pictures, one recipe per page format, easy to follow. Best of all it has all those home cooked southern recipes I remember from childhood but never got in writing after I lost my originals
In a house fire. Thank you, Trisha. Great job!