4.0 out of 5 stars An Actual Buyer & User of this Book!
I too, stumbled upon this book after watching "GMA" and "The View" on a very rare day off. After the airing of GMA, I went to their site and downloaded one of the recipes they posted. After seeing Trisha again on The View, I thought, "Let me go ahead and try this." I am a Southern cook at heart and I while I suppress it most days en lieu of a healthier lifestyle, I was so...
Published on April 15, 2010 by Tabitha

3.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN HER FIRST COOKBOOK
Published on April 9, 2010 by S. Jetton

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Trisha Yearwoods cookbooks., August 12, 2012
This review is from: Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood: Stories and Recipes to Share with Family and Friends (Hardcover)
I bought both of Trisha Yearwoods cookbooks and have tried a lot of her traditional recipes. The Squash Casseroll is excellent. The Almond Shortbread is amazing. I like the fact most items are already in the pantry and fridge. Both books are well written, easy to follow directions, and great pictures. Thanks so much Trisha.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Trisha's show and love this cookbook, January 1, 2013
Great collection of recipes and stories. I have both of her books and would highly recommend both...great Southern food recipes to cook for family and friend get-togethers and just family meals.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Kitchen Must Have, June 24, 2010
I entertain a lot...this is one of the best cookbooks in my collection. I have easily prepared many of the dishes; can't wait to serve more. Love the full page color pictures, folksy writing and clear instructions. The Corn Salsa is the bomb! I will order her other books also -- can't get enough from this great cook!

3.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN HER FIRST COOKBOOK, April 9, 2010
I WENT TO MY LOCAL BOOK STORE AND LOOKED AT THIS BOOK. I REALLY ENJOYED THIS BOOK AND THE RECIPE'S. THE BOOK HAD SOME SUPER RECIPE'S THAT I WANT TO TRY. INFACT, I MADE THE ASPARAGUS BUNDLES AND THEY WERE VERY GOOD. HER COOKING IS PRETTY BASIS, WHICH IS THE SOUTHERN WAY. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR UNUSUAL RECIPE'S, THIS PROBABLY ISN'T FOR YOU. HER FIRST COOKBOOK IS REALLY, REALLY BASIS. I LOOKED AT HER FIRST COOKBOOK AND DECIDED IT'S FOR NEW COOKS. I PREFERRED THIS BOOK "HOME COOKING".

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like this one, June 28, 2013
Her first cook book, I loved, but this one is not as good and I wished I had looked at it first before I bought it. Sorry!

3.0 out of 5 stars I bought into the hype on The View & I'm disappointed, May 19, 2010
I am giving this book 3 stars as 3 stars means "It's ok". It is ok, but to me that's all it is. I have prepared 4 dishes from this cookbook and I have found all 4 flat, weak, and uninspiring. I am considered a very good cook by friends and family and I find the recipes I have tried quite time consuming to end up so bland. Ms Yearwood bills herself as a Southern Cook and while these dishes are southern fare with southern ingredients they lack southern flavor.
I was most excited to try the Pork Medallions as they were The View favorite. They were a bit of work to prepare and honestly not half as good as my own recipe which is much easier.
I tried the Vegetable Pie and it was ok. I did believe it had potential so I made it a second time and doctored it up. That time it was very well received and went quickly.
Just to let you know, the first time I use a recipe I give the author the benefit of the doubt and follow it to the letter. Not one of the four recipes I have tried so far would I make again without changing them up.
I have not yet tried the Hot Corn Dip - which Whoopie loved so much she would not share - I am hoping it will be as good as it was portrayed.
I would like to add the quality of this cookbook is excellent. The pictures of the food and the family are lovely. I appreciate some of the notes that Ms Yearwood added and the stories are enjoyable, though not why I puchased the book or necessary for me to have made the purchase.
I am aware with the matter of taste there is no right or wrong, so I am only telling you how I feel (and my family & friends). You may not feel the same and I hope if you do purchase this cookbook you find then recipes to your liking. I believe I heard The View has posted a few of the recipes from the show on their website. I wish I had checked that out and tried the recipes before purchasing this book - something you might want to do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood, May 16, 2010
I purchased Trisha's first cookbook "Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen", and really enjoyed it. I expected this cookbook to be just as good, but I was disappointed. I enjoyed the stories, but many of the recipes were ones I would never cook. This cookbook is kind of gourmet southern. Had I looked at this cookbook in a bookstore where I could have opened it and previewed all the recipes, I would not have purchased it, because there are not enough recipes I want to prepare to make it worth paying $17.00 for. I am still a fan of the first cookbook, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cookbook ever!, June 5, 2010
I buy cookbooks planning to use them, but never do, but this one has so many easy to follow and wonderful recipes that I have actually used it. Not everything comes out as pretty as Trisha does it, but it is certainly as good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Many Yummy Recipes, February 26, 2014
The Hot Corn Dip is especially good. Made this for a Super Bowl party this year and everyone raved about it. The group decided that it should be come a staple at future Super Bowl events! Of course, there are MANY other tasty recipes in the book as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SIMPLE Southern recipes, February 20, 2014
This is my new favorite cookbook. The recipes are simple, which is exactly what I want. I need things I can make during the week and not recipes that take 3 hours to make. Also, a lot of the recipes can easily be substituted for healthier versions. This is perfect for me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 332 | Next ›