5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas classic
This is a very special Christmas album. First and foremost is Susan Boyle's crystal clear voice; she is at her best on this album.

The songs are a great selection, many of which we have grown up with and some which may be new to some of us.
Susan Boyle gives a unique rendering of each song and makes it her own.

O Come All Ye Faithful, a duet...
Published 8 months ago by Sher

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice additions to my Christmas music!
Susan is one of my favorite signers And I enjoyed this album. I have added it to my Christmas collection.
Published 6 months ago by Russell Gronevelt

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas classic, October 29, 2013
This review is from: Home For Christmas (Audio CD)

Susan Boyle gives a unique rendering of each song and makes it her own.

O Come All Ye Faithful, a duet with Elvis, is magnificent. The next, Susan Boyle's rendition of The Lord's Prayer, is exquisite.

I particularly love I'll Be Home for Christmas, The Christmas Song, and Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - all of which bring back years of memories but each made special by Susan Boyle.

The duet with Johnny Mathis, "When a Child Is Born", is excellent. It was a wonderful choice to have Johnny Mathis on this album.

Miracle Hymn, the last song on the album, is from The Christmas Candle movie out Nov. 22 in which Susan Boyle makes her movie debut. It is a beautiful new hymn written for her.

Every year there are many new Christmas albums, but as I said above, this one is special and anyone who purchases it is sure to be more than pleased.

These 12 songs are guaranteed to touch and warm your heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boyle Bliss, October 29, 2013
This review is from: Home For Christmas (Audio CD)
Call me a sucker, but I never tire of new Susan Boyle albums! I've been playing her previous CDs during Christmas anyway because her gorgeous voice is perfect for the holiday. It's great to have another holiday-driven follow-up to "The Gift".

Highlight tracks for me are:

-I'll Be Home for Christmas
-The Christmas Song
-Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
-Hark the Herald Angels Sing
-The Christmas Waltz

but really every track is great. You definitely won't want to skip any.

The productions are also nice, very songbook and classic. A mix of modern sound, '50s cheer and traditional hymn.

OVERALL: You can't go wrong with Boyle. Her voice is still one of the best I've heard and this album again does an excellent job of showcasing that voice. I cannot wait to put up my tree while listening to this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars a beautiful Christmas album from Susan's heart and soul, October 29, 2013
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Home For Christmas (MP3 Music)
I love this new Christmas album by the wonderfully talented Susan Boyle! It's an instant classic album that deserves recognition and high praise; Susan sounds great on every track. Indeed, there's not a bad song in the lot here and that's grand. "Oh Come, All Ye Faithful" is a duet with Elvis that couldn't have been done any better; as always, I am impressed with Susan's excellent diction, her keen sense of timing and sophisticated phrasing. "The Lord's Prayer" is simply beautiful; I could never tire of hearing Susan do this flawlessly and I also really like "Little Drummer Boy;" the classic (and a personal favorite of mine) "I'll Be Home for Christmas" with that lush musical arrangement; "When a Child Is Born" with Johnny Mathis and they sing from the heart so well together; her stunning rendition of "The Christmas Song;" "I Believe in Father Christmas" that sounds so good; "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" that was first sung by Judy Garland in the MGM film "Meet Me in St. Louis;" "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" with that beautiful accompaniment; "The Christmas Waltz" which is also a favorite of mine and so easy on the ear; "In the Bleak Midwinter" that is new to me but will be another of my very favorites from here on in and the last track, `Miracle Hymn" which was written for The Christmas Candle motion picture coming out on November 22 - and look for Susan in her film debut in that movie playing the role of Eleanor Hopewell!

This CD is a must-have for any fan of Susan Boyle as well as anyone who appreciates superlative Christmastime music. This will be enjoyed by many, many people for years to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a Beautiful Voice, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Home For Christmas (Audio CD)
I have to say I was hesitant in ordering this CD because the last Christmas one that I bought a couple of years ago just was not very good (at least in my opinion). It was recorded in a cathedral and the acoustics must not have been very good. The music was just too loud for Susan's voice and I felt she was drowned out. Not so with this CD! Susan's beautiful voice is superb on this CD, the music is beautiful, and the arrangements are great. I was a bit taken back by the "duet" with Elvis Presley and Johnny Mathis (more by Elvis than Mathis). This seems like a bit of a ploy to me get listeners but I do have to say that the mixing of that song (O come all ye faithful) is flawless and Mathis' "duet" is done with the song "When a child is born" which is one of my favorites. I really do like The Little Drummer Boy rendition with its strong bass. I also like the clear vocal tones on "Bleak Mid-Winter). So, I am really glad that I decided to get this. It reminds me of the joy I felt when I bought her first CD after her initial discovery and meteor rise on the Internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas album, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Home For Christmas (Audio CD)
Susan Boyle has the most beautiful voice and some of the songs on this album were sung with Johnny Mathis whose voice was so complimentary on those songs. I always treat myself to one Christmas CD per year, so glad I chose this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again!, November 6, 2013
S. Block (Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Home For Christmas (Audio CD)
Ms. Boyle has done it again. Another remarkable CD. She has enhanced my favorite Christmas songs and made them hers. Her voice has never sounded better, and I like the way this album was produced. Finally, we can hear her clearly with choruses and musicians. My favorites are "Hark the Angels Sing," "I'll Be Home For Christmas," "The Christmas Song," and "The Christmas Waltz." This is going to be an early Christmas gift for friends, as they listen to music while they shop, decorate and entertain.

Thank-you, Susan Boyle!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It, October 29, 2013
This review is from: Home For Christmas (Audio CD)
My all-time favorite Christmas album. Susan's powerful, crystal-clear, awesome voice is featured on this album. The first playing produced the same thrills and tears as her other four. Her voice is incomparable and indescribable. As good as I expected and more. Susan, please record many, many more. Any chance of two per year, so I don't have to wait so long? At least I have 5 now that I can play whenever I want to.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Gift for all who purchase this CD, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Home For Christmas (Audio CD)
Another wonderful success for Susan Boyle. Her CD's are always a pleasure to listen to and give as gifts for Christmas. I actually bought 4, Susan's music is always worth sharing with those you love!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-crafted,. The arrangement matches the talent., October 29, 2013
This review is from: Home For Christmas (Audio CD)
A well-crafted release, with superior arrangements. My favorite "The Miracle Hymn". a choral chant, draws the listener in; I feel as if I am participating in a communal celebration.
The title song, Home for Christmas steps right out of the forties as Susan sings with a backup of tenors. The mood is exquisitely slow, gentle, soft...Jo Stafford would applaud Susan's revival of this sumptuous style.
You don't have be of any particular faith to appreciate "The Lord's Prayer" (of no particular faith would describe me). I always marvel at the beauty of stained glass windows, transmitting an ethereal sentiment, this is the beauty of the Lord's Prayer in Susan's voice. Susan does what she does best with this song, long, pure, simple, sustained notes powered by strong belief.
The Little Drummer Boy, I have always liked this song...Susan sings this as a march, a steady, unemotional, progressive march, fueled by bagpipes no less! This song slowly builds, no emotion, just a steady progression. A single voice attracts disciples as a second military drum joins in, followed by bagpipes and chorus, building with methodical determination until a simple "then he smiled at me, me and my drum". Cliff Masterson must be credited with an ingenious arrangement.
The duet with Johnny Mathis, When a Child is Born allows both voices to bloom with a subdued arrangement. Again, the producers know when less is more and the music supports the voices, remaining in the background. I enjoyed this duet, though I can't say the same for the Elvis duet.
Susan's version of "I Believe in Father Christmas" will be a holiday classic along with the Pogues' "A Fairy Tale of New York". Certainly not as sarcastic in nature as the Pogues' cant, there is a wizened protest of the material aspect of the holiday.
The songs I have not mentioned have their own appeal, and given more listening time, I'll probably elaborate.

The lowdown, this is no quickly spun Christmas album. The songs evolve from a wide variety of approaches to Christmas music, a march, a cant, a choral, a simple hymn (The Lord's Prayer), and the slightly sultry cocktail, "Home for Christmas". Susan masters each approach and with her unmistakeable instrument she creates an album of faith resolute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another SB Hit, November 21, 2013
This review is from: Home For Christmas (Audio CD)
Since she wowed the world in her Britain's Got Talent debut in 2009 Susan Boyle has produced one great album after another. This, her second Christmas album continues her parade of hits.

Home For Christmas
Home For Christmas by Susan Boyle (Audio CD - 2013)
Rate and Discover Movies