Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: At Home on Ladybug Farm
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 10, 2009
One year has gone by since Lindsay Wright, Cici Burke and Bridget Tindale left Baltimore to relocate and start over on Blackwell Farms in the Shenandoah Valley. The place was a dump, but the three single women worked hard; assisted but at times distracted by their grumpy housekeeper Ida Mae; Cici's 20-year-old daughter Lori who fled a California college to come "home", and fifteen years old Noah Clete.

Now the farm has undergone much renovation and revealed some of its history to its current residents. They know what happened during the Civil War as this farm and its neighbor were home to battles and occupations. It was turned into winery, a cheesy creamery, and a WWII refugee camp. Now Ladybug Farm is home to another generation of misfits.

Using flashbacks to tell the history enhances a warm tale of love and friendship as Donna Ball informs her audience what happened to those and more who spent A YEAR ON LADYBUG'S FARM. The cast is solid as each still struggles with what they want, but have come a long way baby from where they were especially the trio of Maryland expatriates. Fans will enjoy the return visit to the three single women and their three "wards" as fans will feel AT HOME ON LADYBUG FARM.

Harriet Klausner
on December 23, 2009
Having read "A Year on Ladybug Farm" and loved it, I was delighted to read the sequel - it's just as good (which doesn't always happen, unfortunately). I'd recommend both books to anyone who enjoys a good read and marvelous characters. Hope there will be another Ladybug book soon.
on April 19, 2016
Donna Ball can weave a wonderful story, filled with characters that come alive and become your friends, in a Virginia countryside setting where you eagerly go each time you open the pages. There's fun and family values, conflict and resolution, hard work in a bucolic setting. The best part is that this is a series! You can revisit Ladybug Farm and its inhabitants, human and other, again and again!
on May 13, 2016
I read it immediately after the first book in the series and expected to be a bit disappointed in the second but I wasn't. It is wonderful. It is a women's series I would say but the author's, Ms. Ball, writing is so vivid that it could be used as an example of great descriptive writing for a writing class. I loved it.
on November 12, 2009
Perfect reading. It is enjoyable by itself but by reading the first book you get into the reason these are doing what they are doing. I just hope this is not the end and there will be more about them from Ms, Ball. Loved both of them.
on August 22, 2014
Gosh I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this book series. I can't get enough of reading about the characters. It's entertaining so addictive. Every time a finish a book I can't wait to read the next one. I never read any of Donna Bells book and I truly love her now. Thanks for writing such an awesome series.
on December 15, 2012
This is the second novel in a wonderful series about a group of women who change their lives and begin anew in the Shenandoah Valley, VA. The ladies also have one 20yr old daughter, who is also seeking her future, and a boy 15, who is found sleeping hard in the folly on their land.

Various animals keep us laughing with their antics, and all attempts to make this venture a paying opposition, have you in stitches.

The Woman Power is felt throughout the book. These ladies are fierce in their joint determination to make this new life a winning proposition. Their collective and separate dreams hold them together.

This is a fine example of true literature. The novel has a story to tell and does it well. I look forward to the next one in the series.
on August 12, 2014
if you are looking for a nice summer read, you will probably enjoy this book. the 3 ladies are interesting characters and so are the supporting cast. love the farm atmosphere and the fixing up of the old house. It's a fun read on a hot summer day!
I love this Ladybug Farm Series! This is the kind of book you do not want to end-you can image yourself as one of the three 50 (something) women, planning their day which comes with many obstacles and challenges. It is so exciting-their adventures, and planning their future (even though they thought they were retiring), and yet so much more to life.

I love the characters and the connections of the three women who are best friends, who gave up their city life to live in the country and tackle the restoration of an historic estate in Virginia. I adore their friendship with gay couple (Derrick and Paul-they are divine) and can image them sitting around drinking wine in the gardens and love their style!

What was very exciting about this #2 installment of the series was adding more from Lori (Cici’s daughter) which grows up and matures during the book, and learning more details about Noah (teen who is helping them out on the farm which they take under their wing), especially Lindsay. She is a mentor to him in so many ways from the art, landscape design, to every aspect of the land and home. I fell in love with his character. Also Ida May (housekeeper) is hiding a lot of stories throughout the book which comes to surface with a little historical fiction from past generations of the lovely historic home and how they seamlessly blend into this new generation.

This book will make you laugh and cry (the animals are funny and all the crazy things which happen, but there is so much love here). Cannot wait to see what is happening in the next book! This sequel is amazing and love Donna Ball’s writing style. I want to savor each moment as love everything about this series from the gourmet cooking, gardening, restoration, entertaining, designing, friendship, to being creative and thinking outside the box.

When you love historic inns, properties, real estate, and bed and breakfast and especially elegant farm inns, you can relate. This is a 5 star +++ series and highly recommend. I have already purchased the e-book #3 (Love Letters from Ladybug Farm).

After reading Donna latest, “The Hummingbird House” (2013), I had to begin reading Ladybug Farm series and I am thorough enjoying it. I can escape with this book and imagine myself in the setting (not sure when I am going to get any work done), as want to lock myself in and enjoy this delightful and charming series!

All about dreams and making them happen – never giving up. An inspiring read which you will not soon forget!
on May 23, 2014
I only have one complaint, I finished the book !!!!! This story , as the one before was just as awesome !!! I looked forward to reading it before bed, in the morning with my coffee, @ work on my breaks, and any other chance I got. I'm closing now to download the next one.